Page 133 of 160 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 143 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2400
    Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    Loved Gallen when he played for the Blues. Always gave away a penalty at critical times. Now I appreciate him like Bailey and Webke, they give their all up to the last moment despite the score. Arrow has to be like that. Actually the whole team needs to be like that.
    Stayed with them when they were poo and under the pump financially and through all sorts of scandals, took pay cuts, rejected big offers from big clubs. Took on the challenge, loved his club and in the end he got there. He will be a legend down there forever.

We need local men that love this place to be that for us. If Arrow (and others) took on that role with us he will own the GC for the rest of his life.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 14-09-19 at 07:34 AM.

Surely he cannot be leaving after those interviews. Sounded like he was almost crying with passion for the club and couldn't say enough about how he will be staying and hopes the fans will stick around. If he leaves I'd be very surprised.

The pessimist in me says he was nearly crying for the torture he will go through when he leaves, albeit because of the loot. Really hope he stays.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

At least the club and players are in a realistic place regarding memberships. Hopefully his next statement won't be about leaving it in his managers hands again.

Badel reckons that Jacks definitely won’t be here next season, might be picked up by Canberra, and the Tigers are going to try and lure Sami away as well.

Junior

The tigers are still pissed they lost the fox, why not try and get the guy that can catch him

Inactive User

I’m happy and welcome every club to pick over the carcass that is our current playing roster.
    I only want blokes that love our Little City and want to rebuild and make something special.
    Anyone who wants easy success and isn’t committed to our community and doesn’t want to take up the challenge I most certainly want out of here because their frailty and lack of passion will get exposed on the field.

Give me 17 Mo’s and Tanah’s over deadbeats like the Hayne’s and Taylor’s of this world.

Well the Broncos spine is copping it after yesterday (season highlight for me) and the 58-0 loss. Now would be the right time to try and offload Taylor back to them, and they are so desperate we might even get close to the million we are paying him. A definite win win for me.

I'd ask how would they fit in their cap but then I remembered it was the Broncos.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I'd ask how would they fit in their cap but then I remembered it was the Broncos.
    I'd forgotten about the cap when I posted, but the Broncos don't have a cap so nothing changes there. After yesterday I expect they would be freeing up quite a bit of cap space.

Rep Player

They will find a way to convince (force) Boyd to retire which will free up a lot of cash. There's too much public and media pressure for them to persist with him. He's done, not just physically, but because he has never played well without Daddy Wayne. Whether they would use the free funds to take Ash off our hands remains to be seen. I would be happy if they did, but I speculate that they won't. To be honest, I get the sense that Ash is mentally done and it would take a Bellamy or a Bennett to wake him up. I don't know what the Broncos' solution is but they need an organiser. Left field option but Jackson Hastings has 36 try assists in the Super League this year and is on track to claim the Man of Steel award. He is a pure organiser and I think he would complement the rest of their more dynamic spine well with Turpin hooker, Milford 5/8, and Isaako or Arthars fullback.

Brodie Croft.

I hear they aren't keen to rush Dearden...but I reckon he is pretty ready. He was going well before being injured. Dearden debuted for an average broncos side in round 8 this year. (Loss to rabbits) Then they won three in a row against manly, roosters and warriors before he was injured against the Titans in round 13. (He only played 6 minutes) We won that game 26-18. Had Dearden played the 80 mins...we probably would have lost that game too.

A pairing of Brodie Croft and Tommy Dearden could work well.

However...I hope they never find a number 7. LOL
    Last edited by Menoitios; 16-09-19 at 03:25 PM.

Rep Player

Croft has had plenty of chances with Melbourne but they've been playing Jahrome Hughes at 7 ahead of him. Maybe the issue is that him and Smithler are stepping on each other’s toes in terms of game management -- Croft is definitely a game managing half -- but it doesn't look too good if the Storm have sunk so much development in to him but are willing to let him go.
    Last edited by willhelm; 16-09-19 at 04:49 PM.

Croft wold just end up being another Jacks out of the Storm system. No way.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Croft wold just end up being another Jacks out of the Storm system. No way.
    Yeah, but we're spitballing on who the Broncs should sign, not us LOL