Page 87 of 160 FirstFirst ... 37 77 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 97 137 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2400

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I don't think Rein should be mentioned in the same sentence as Damien Cook. Neither of our hookers are anywhere near him in class. In fact as time goes on I think both of our hookers are barely pass mark. We have spent a lot of time comparing one against the other but when I see other teams, our two are very average.
    It's also fair to say that both our hookers were Origin players and then they joined us and have turned to mud compared to their previous form. This is what is devastating for this club is the amount of talented players we turn into hacks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Jarrod Wallace will not play for QLD again and hopefully his contract with us will not be renewed. I am officially done with him.
    He doesn't need a renewal. We got him till (and including) 2022.

Inactive User

That play by Wallace shows how much respect he has for the club, teammates, members, fans and sponsors. Doesn’t give a toss about playing for us but he will take our money
    I’m seething

Didn’t assist QLD either that play

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    That play by Wallace shows how much respect he has for the club, teammates, members, fans and sponsors. Doesn’t give a toss about playing for us but he will take our money
    I’m seething

$6500 a week after tax, just to add to your anger. Not including the $30000 he got for this game.

Add this game and he's just a smidge under $7000 in the pocket a week.
    Last edited by JunctionBlock; 23-06-19 at 08:38 PM.

Honestly, is anyone suprised by a bonehead play by Wallace. Weekly occurrence for us. Be interesting to see what happens if Walters to Titans whispers are true. I am glad Walters took him off after that play.

Junior

I don't think he'll ever play for QLD again after that play.

Surely King is worth more than powderpuff Wallace. It’s a rhetorical statement. What an embarrassment!
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Wallace was AWFUL wasnt he. hope he didn't give that jersey away.

JB - Just checking as i'm having a brain fart - which hookers joined us as origin players?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Wallace was AWFUL wasnt he. hope he didn't give that jersey away.

JB - Just checking as i'm having a brain fart - which hookers joined us as origin players?
    Peats was and Rein was a potential.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m seething

Tony Webeck
    BREAKING: @GCTitans prop Jarrod Wallace free to play this week against @SeaEagles, not charged by MRC for his challenge on Blues 5/8 James Maloney in Origin 2

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Surely King is worth more than powderpuff Wallace. It’s a rhetorical statement. What an embarrassment!
    UPDATE: After the deal appeared to fall over last week Max King is headed to the @storm. @GCTitans owner Darryl Kelly gutted to see him leave but couldn’t stand in his way. Storm to confirm later today. @NRLcom

Inactive User

^^^ thanks for those updates JB
    Good to see Sir Darryl gutted too. Hopefully he’s as perplexed as the rest of us as to why the Blow In Coach Brennan keeps playing his Niece’s husband ahead of Max and denied him opportunity.

Wallace getting off is good to see. Looks like Origin Rules have been applied.

Looks like Origin Rules have been applied.
    I thought Origin rules meant at the very least "play like it meant something" ... what a farce.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Storm have announced Max King has signed with them. Sad loss of a local junior.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

I have been a long time fan of Max King. Who knows why he fell in the pecking order. Perhaps he did not show any improvement on last year.
    I have always been wary as he has had multiple shoulder surgeries and who knows what other injuries. Despite his playing upfront I thought lock was his best position and Jai Arrow has that position locked up. Sad to see him go.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Peats was and Rein was a potential.
    I take your point and am agree we usually send players backwards, but i think that is a stretch to say those 2 coming here as origin players

Peat's came and played for us for 12 months and was then selected for origin based on his titans form, and Rein was literally a reserve grader when we signed him.

I also think in Peat's case he was never actual Origin quality, he just got lucky in 2017 after Robbie / Ennis era sort of ended in 2016, but before Cook EXPLODED as one of the most influential players in the game in 2018

QLD Cup

I take your point and am agree we usually send players backwards, but i think that is a stretch to say those 2 coming here as origin players

Peat's came and played for us for 12 months and was then selected for origin based on his titans form, and Rein was literally a reserve grader when we signed him.

I also think in Peat's case he was never actual Origin quality, he just got lucky in 2017 after Robbie / Ennis era sort of ended in 2016, but before Cook EXPLODED as one of the most influential players in the game in 2018
    If anything Rein has actually improved drastically. He is never going to be anywhere Cook-esk though and I doubt he will actually get any better than where he is now. Peats on the other hand has gone backwards I feel, however I don't think his best days are past him though. He just needs to learn how to pass off the ground and take the line on a bit more.

i should say JB - you're one of the best posters on here, so this isn't an attack on your opinion, just airing my own which of course you don't have to agree with