Page 132 of 160 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 142 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2400

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Hell yeah to Matto. Would solve our left edge problems. No idea why Tigers would let him go though.
    Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Of course, but why would the Tigers let him go?
    Apparently has a somewhat bad relationship with the coach. He’s only on $350,000 there at the moment, and they reckon he’s going for around $500,000. Particularly if we can get rid of some deadweight, we’d be silly not to look at him.
    Last edited by Dobes; 12-09-19 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    Apparently has a somewhat bad relationship with the coach. He’s only on $350,000 there at the moment, and they reckon he’s going for around $500,000. Particularly if we can get rid of some deadweight, we’d be silly not to look at him.
    Straight swap for Peachey

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    It's not the coach but the parity of wages of players that aren't even taking the field this year. Soooooo, that counts us out.

First Grader

Be mad not to go for him

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    It's not the coach but the parity of wages of players that aren't even taking the field this year. Soooooo, that counts us out.
    Yeah...I'm in the old school camp on this one. If you sign for x amount of dollars for x amount of time...you don't try to renegotiate until your next contract comes up.

On the other hand, but still in old school mode...I'd be looking for young humble blokes that might want a chance to play in the NRL and not cost the club much. One who springs to mind would be Jamie Hill from the Capras.

Jamie is 23, can play lock/backrow and is a tackler. He finished the ISP season (playing in a crap side) as the comps top tackler with 825 tackles. That's 54 tackles more than the Canterbury Cup top tackler, Lachlan Timm...who made 771. Jamie would be cheap, easy to deal with and humble.

He'd be harder to swing, but Harry Grant, the young hooker from the falcons would be a good buy as well. A quick look at his stats shows he was the third top tackler with 748 and the third for line breaks with 18. (Interesting that Troy Leo was equal first with 23...when will he get called up??)

There are young blokes out there if our younger players aren't ready to step up into the NRL just yet...and they wouldn't break the bank or disrupt the team.

Paul Kent will say this post was another mistake...this time from a supporter. LOL!!
    Last edited by Menoitios; 13-09-19 at 08:37 AM.

I saw someone on Reddit mentioned Harry Grant re-signed with the Storm unfortunately
    Bring back Kevin Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by Randomologist View Post
    I saw someone on Reddit mentioned Harry Grant re-signed with the Storm unfortunately
    Dammit! I thought he'd be hard to get.

Cheers mate!

Rep Player

Smithler can’t go on too much longer but possibly just long enough for them to lose B. Smith to someone who would pay him stupid money (Warriors?). Grant would be next in line for the throne in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Smithler can’t go on too much longer but possibly just long enough for them to lose B. Smith to someone who would pay him stupid money (Warriors?). Grant would be next in line for the throne in that case.
    Yeah, I reckon you're right about that. Harry could have had an NRL start sooner with other clubs...but the storm will make him a superstar. He and Munster will be spinning some yarns in the years to come about Rocky. They'd have some tales to tell about Glasby as well. Hahaha!

Lolololol Meno
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Some very interesting words from Jai on the Titans instagram after winning the members and coach’s awards. In both videos he says “I really hope the fans stick around cause theres nothing but good times ahead and I can’t wait to be apart of it.” He seemed pretty genuine and surely you can’t say that and then go sign with another team in the next month.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    Some very interesting words from Jai on the Titans instagram after winning the members and coach’s awards. In both videos he says “I really hope the fans stick around cause theres nothing but good times ahead and I can’t wait to be apart of it.” He seemed pretty genuine and surely you can’t say that and then go sign with another team in the next month.
    I want to see these videos

Go on Titans instagram page Bods

Inactive User

Just watched it
    If he doesn’t sign after saying those things then he is far too smooth because it would be beyond cruel for him to then turn out to have been playing with the hearts and minds of all the fans of his home town
    We need him to be our Gallen

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Just watched it
    If he doesn’t sign after saying those things then he is far too smooth because it would be beyond cruel for him to then turn out to have been playing with the hearts and minds of all the fans of his home town
    We need him to be our Gallen
    Loved Gallen when he played for the Blues. Always gave away a penalty at critical times. Now I appreciate him like Bailey and Webke, they give their all up to the last moment despite the score. Arrow has to be like that. Actually the whole team needs to be like that.