Page 30 of 160 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 80 130 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Garth Brennan committed to reigniting Bryce Cartwright’s career
    October 18, 2018

TITANS coach Garth Brennan has committed to turning around Bryce Cartwright as the fallen star attempts to reignite his career on the Gold Coast.

Cartwright will report for pre-season training on Monday in the first step towards getting his career back on track following a disastrous 2018.

The former Penrith Panthers star’s $2 million move to the Gold Coast earlier this year ended in Cartwright being dumped to reserve grade following a string of weak performances.

Cartwright’s limp defensive efforts were heavily criticised and Brennan had no option but to relegate his blue-chip signing to the Intrust Super Cup for the second half of the season.
    Bryce Cartwright had a tough first season on the Gold Coast. (AAP Image/Dave Hunt)

Cartwright was linked with a Gold Coast exit, but few clubs were willing to take a punt on the 23-year-old after his efforts in 2018.

Instead, Cartwright has been part of a group of Titans players training together during the off-season and finished second in a 2km time trial this week.

Brennan will assemble his squad on Monday to begin their 2019 preparations and the second-year coach said he was committed to helping Cartwright get back to his best.

“I am (committed to him) but that’s for every player in our club,” Brennan said.

“My job is to make them the best player they possibly can.

“I want them to be here and perform for the club. That hasn’t changed.
    Garth Brennan is committed to helping Cartwright rediscover his best form. (AAP Image/Dave Hunt)

“I’ve heard he is in really good shape and has trained really hard.

“I haven’t spoken to Bryce. I leave my players alone during the break, I don’t want to pester them.

“From all reports he’s in really good shape and has done a few training sessions with one of our strength and conditioners and they said he was flying and more than meeting the targets they’d set for the players.

“That’s pleasing to hear he’s focused and ready to rip in.”

The Titans on Friday announced betting agency Neds would become their major sponsor for the next three years in what is a major financial boost for the club.
    Skipper Ryan James backed Cartwright for an improved 2019. (AAP Image/Dave Hunt)

Cartwright is contracted to the Titans until 2021 and captain Ryan James said the NSW Origin hopeful would benefit from having an entire pre-season with his teammates.

“He came to us with one or two weeks before the trials this year and people expected him to fit straight in,” James said.

“It takes a whole pre-season to fit into someone’s structures. It takes time for players to gel and click.

“He was throwing flick balls and no-one had trained with him.

“People were expecting him to do those miraculous things but we need to get a full pre-season in and play a lot of trials together.”

Canberra recruit Shannon Boyd will meet his new Titans teammates for the first time on Monday.
    Thanks for that Toads!

I'm probably alone here, but I would love to see Cartwright turn it around next year. He has so much natural talent! That's not something you lose....you just have to find out what's blocking you. If he can find the key I'll be over the moon!

I wonder who the other players are that have been triaining with him? It's a good sign that he is prepared to give it his best shot over the hot months. I really hope it pays off....for him, for the team and for us supporters!

Keep ripping in, Bryce!!

Gee it would be handy if Cartwright found form. Our team could be really dangerous if he’s switched on. The operative word is “if”.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    Gee it would be handy if Cartwright found form. Our team could be really dangerous if he’s switched on. The operative word is “if”.
    Agree 100% It'll be wait and see, but the signs look good I guess.

At any rate....it's far better to be positive and optimistic than it is to be dreary and negative. A fully fit Carty with his head in the right place could add so much to our side. I'll admit I wasn't behind him much this year....but I'm determined to turn over a new leaf myself.

From now on...if a bloke's wearing a Titans jersey....I'll find nothing but good things to say. Or in the very least....I'll say nothing at all! Haha!

I'd like to see Latu fully fit and back to his penrith form too!
    Last edited by Menoitios; 03-11-18 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    A fully fit Carty with his head in the right place could add so much to our side. I'll admit I wasn't behind him much this year....but I'm determined to turn over a new leaf myself.
    Yep, if Carty could only get back to the form of two seasons ago he would be a massive x-factor. I'm not sure though that I can remember too many blokes that played well again after being sh1tehouse for the previous two seasons.

Those couple of defensive reads were so despicable it’s hard to comprehend where his head was at ... I’m using the past tense there in hope.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Just waiting for the inevitable...we are signing Kahu, I can just see it. If anyone has watched him last year for the Broncos, he was awful and shown up big-time with this defense. But we always sign rejects from other clubs who can't tackle so he's about 99% chance of signing I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Yep, if Carty could only get back to the form of two seasons ago he would be a massive x-factor. I'm not sure though that I can remember too many blokes that played well again after being sh1tehouse for the previous two seasons.
    Ben Barba was pretty damn awful at Brisbane after winning a dally M Previously then came back and helped spear Sharks to title.

That took me a while to think of so i don't think there is many more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Those couple of defensive reads were so despicable it’s hard to comprehend where his head was at ... I’m using the past tense there in hope.
    they weren't even bad defensive reads as far as i can tell.. he read it fine, then chose to avoid any contact at all, almost jerking backwards to make sure they didn't even brush his jersey. ive not seen a weaker attempt from a player..and he did it twice!

He totally lost his team mates and coach after that, not to mention the fans.

We can be won back, but it needs to be through consistent effort, not flick passes.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Just waiting for the inevitable...we are signing Kahu, I can just see it. If anyone has watched him last year for the Broncos, he was awful and shown up big-time with this defense. But we always sign rejects from other clubs who can't tackle so he's about 99% chance of signing I think.
    will be a very ordinary signing indeed
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Nothing wrong with genuine optimism, but blind optimism is in short supply these days. Especially when the Cartwright name is involved.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Speak to any Broncos supporter and they get a big cheesy grin on their faces at the thought of Kahu leaving, then a giggle when they think he might be going here. Speaks volumes.

Inactive User

Even if we played Peachey at 5/8 I think our best 3/4 line would not have Kahu in it. I’d probably roll with Gordon, Lee, Copley, Don.
    Hold off for something real good.

Hopefully all that talk of Brian Kelly coming here is true, because there’d be no reason to go for Kahu. Even if Roberts comes back, still rather that over Kahu, with you though Bods. Just wait for something else, shouldn’t take too long for something to eventuate.

Just throwing this one out there, LEO, LEE, JACKS, TAYLOR, PEACHEY, ARTHARS. More likely that GORDON will be in for LEO though.

Quote Originally Posted by Detwelve12 View Post
    Just throwing this one out there, LEO, LEE, JACKS, TAYLOR, PEACHEY, ARTHARS. More likely that GORDON will be in for LEO though.
    The men in the white coats and padded van will be around to pick you up shortly.

Might be a tad off topic for this forum however I’ve just read that Titans have activated the third year option for Brennan meaning he’s here next year regardless of where we finish this year. I’m guessing this is is announcement the club was due to make following the news of the major sponsor coming on board. Not sure how I feel about this, would’ve like to see more accountability by leaving option in clubs favour for third year esp with Walters etc possible options