Quote Originally Posted by Ausphin View Post
Whilst I know we still appeared undecided on a 6, I still think our biggest need is a quality edge backrower.

Personally I am hoping for Ryley Jacks in the halves. Whilst no superstar he is very good defensively and possesses a good kicking game (left footed too) which will take some pressure off Ash.

But watching this weekends games the thing that jumped out to me is the edge forwards and the impact they can have. Felise Kaufusi, Angus Crighton, Boyd Cordner, Viliame Kikau, Isaiah Yeo, Wade Graham, David Fafita, Tyson Frizzell and Tariq Sims. What I wouldn't give for a player like that out wide.

I think Hipgrave (remembering this was his first season) tried hard and will improve, but I think he might be better in the middle. Unfortunately we have plenty of stock there. Cartwright from a potential basis could be ideal, but based on what we saw this year he would need a massive attitude adjustment and his defence would need to improve out of sight.

Also was impressed by Zac Lomax in the centres today for Dragons. Impressive young kid. Hopefully Peachey sticks to his word as he would definitely be one centre. Am still keen for Sami to get an opportunity there and see how he goes.
Keep an eye out for Alex Glenn. He would fill the Left edge hole for a few years while allowing Hipgrave to develop further.