Page 144 of 160 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 154 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 2400

Quote Originally Posted by Ausphin View Post
    Not that I would be a fan of this, but the fact an Ash Taylor potential swap is rumoured and Meninga has been quoted on it, I wonder if there has been talk of swapping Taylor for Milford who is supposedly out of favour with the Broncos?

Supposedly on similar amount of coin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    With Taylor I had some hope, with Milford I’d have none.
    Yep I agree Titanic, all we would be doing is swapping our ineffective lazy player for theirs.

Milford? We already have a Tyrone Roberts.

Junior

Can someone post the article about our supposed 2021 war chest

Quote Originally Posted by SCoast Titan View Post
    Can someone post the article about our supposed 2021 war chest
    Link or website would help

First Grader

future
    Gold Coast Titans’ war chest puts entire squad on notice
    September 28, 2019 4:56pm
    Peter BadelThe Courier-Mail
    subscriber-breach-pixel
    Titans culture chief Mal Meninga has put the entire Gold Coast squad on notice, warning contracts will be torn up if the club produces another wooden-spoon finish next season.

The Titans will go into the market next season with a $3 million war chest with 14 top-liners off-contract at the end of 2020, including Jai Arrow, AJ Brimson, Dale Copley, Anthony Don, Tyrone Roberts and Leilani Latu.

Other notable Titans off-contract next year including skipper Ryan James, Kiwi Test back-rower Kevin Proctor, flying winger Phillip Sami, forward Keegan Hipgrave and former NSW Origin hooker Nathan Peats.

Stream every match of the 2019 NRL Telstra Premiership Finals Series before the Grand Final Live & On-Demand on KAYO SPORTS. Get your 14 day free trial and start streaming instantly >

Mal Meninga says the Titans squad must earn their positions in 2020. Picture: Dave Hunt
    MORE NRL NEWS

SAMPSON: THE REAL PROBLEM WITH THE BRONCOS

BELLAMY SLAMS CROFT OVER BRONCOS LUNCH DATE

Meninga was hired last November to improve Gold Coast’s performance culture but it was a disastrous maiden year at the club for the NRL Immortal as the Titans crashed to the worst season in their 12-year history.

Aside from coach Garth Brennan’s mid-season sacking, the Titans won just four games, finishing with the wooden spoon for the first time since their last-placed finish in 2011.

Meninga is banking on the appointment of new coach Justin Holbrook to herald a successful chapter for the embattled Titans in 2020, but admits the revival cannot happen without an attitudinal shift from the playing group.

A host of Titans players are off contract at the end of 2020. Picture: Dave Hunt
    The Broncos’ dismal 58-0 finals embarrassment against Parramatta has overshadowed the Titans’ woeful finish to the season, but Meninga says Brisbane are not the only Queensland club under the microscope.

“I see that the Broncos players have been put on notice, well they aren’t the only ones,” Meninga said.

“Our players are on notice as well because what happened this season was just unacceptable.

“We need to get better next year and the improvement has to be a collective mindset. I’m not just pointing the finger at the players, everyone at the club has to be pushing in the same direction, but we’ve got a number of players playing for the futures next year.

LISTEN UP! Australian entrepreneur John Singleton sits down with Matty Johns. ‘Singo’ has long been involved in Rugby League, of course, as Official Patron of the Newtown Jets, and he might not be done just yet.

This article contains content that is only available in the web version

Open the web version

“We can’t afford to be finishing last again next year, it’s not where we want to be.”

Meninga will be hoping Holbrook can bring his Midas touch at St Helens to the Titans. Holbrook’s side finishing on top of the Super League ladder a staggering 16 points clear of second-placed Wigan with 26 wins and three losses.

Saints charged into the grand final with a 40-10 hammering of Wigan in their major semi-final, leaving Holbrook odds-on to arrive at the Titans with a Super League premiership on his resume.

There will be no rest for wicked with Holbrook to be on deck for the Titans’ pre-season, which starts on Monday, November 4.

“Justin has had great success in England and as soon as he is finished with St Helens he will be with us,” Meninga said. “I’m confident Justin can drive some major changes to our group in the pre-season.”

For reference guys, to view locked articles just copy the second half of the link and copy and paste it into outline.com.

So if the link for the article is https://www.couriermail.com.au/subsc...v21suffix=45-a

you only copy the section after it says subscribe, which would be: http://www.couriermail.com.au%2Fspor...v21suffix=45-a

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    For reference guys, to view locked articles just copy the second half of the link and copy and paste it into outline.com.

So if the link for the article is https://www.couriermail.com.au/subsc...v21suffix=45-a

you only copy the section after it says subscribe, which would be: http://www.couriermail.com.au%2Fspor...v21suffix=45-a
    Does outline work again now? It stopped for a while there.

Inactive User

I’m regularly at the moment when trying to open the website finding that it’s crashed. What’s going on?

First Grader

Lockyer in the media saying he would love to have Taylor back but could offer him about $100,000. Is there no shame with this jerk

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Lockyer in the media saying he would love to have Taylor back but could offer him about $100,000. Is there no shame with this jerk
    Maybe we should start going to the media and saying we'd love to have Jack Bird as a centre but due to his Maccas bill and his injury history could only offer $100K. Or Gillett, we'd love him but he broke his back so we would need his entire wage subsidised because he's a depth bench player nowadays. I wonder if they'd be happy to read articles sabotaging their efforts to offload their rejects. List goes on, same article could say we wouldn't touch D Boyd with a ten foot pole and we're not sure where we would play Milford as no one has been able to determine where he should play these days as he is mediocre in every position.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Maybe we should start going to the media and saying we'd love to have Jack Bird as a centre but due to his Maccas bill and his injury history could only offer $100K. Or Gillett, we'd love him but he broke his back so we would need his entire wage subsidised because he's a depth bench player nowadays. I wonder if they'd be happy to read articles sabotaging their efforts to offload their rejects. List goes on, same article could say we wouldn't touch D Boyd with a ten foot pole and we're not sure where we would play Milford as no one has been able to determine where he should play these days as he is mediocre in every position.
    Thumbs up. Fight fire with fire.

I thought the forum members here weren't the type to wear rose tinted glasses, and situations were called out for what they are/were.

And to be honest, Taylor in his current form isn't worth anymore than the 100k-150k a year. Yes, we got stiffed yet again, but it's hardly the commentators/journo's fault for that. They're just relaying his current price, even though I still tend to think he's not worth that much.

Cut him loose, his nonsense isn't worth it. Already had a hand in us paying one coach out, possibly two. Paying a Mil to end it might be the cheaper alternative in the long run.
    Last edited by Toads; 01-10-19 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    I thought the forum members here weren't the type to wear rose tinted glasses, and situations were called out for what they are/were.

And to be honest, Taylor in his current form isn't worth anymore than the 100k-150k a year. Yes, we got stiffed yet again, but it's hardly the commentators/journo's fault for that. They're just relaying his current price, even though I still tend to think he's not worth that much.

Cut him loose, his nonsense isn't worth it. Already had a hand in us paying one coach out, possibly two. Paying a Mil to end it might be the cheaper alternative in the long run.
    If the Broncos aren't looking then articles like this only serve a purpose to try and stop us from getting our cap back into order earlier. What does a mediocre QRL player earn? THat's what he's worth. But I hardly want it broadcast when you are trying to off load him same as you wouldn't want your neighbour sitting out the front saying your house is full of white ants whilst you're trying to sell it.

I hear ya, JB. But no club is sillier enough to pay overs like our club does (sorry to say). Surely no one in their right mind will pick him up for 500k and be content with that, he just hasn't proved himself yet, but somehow someone at the club seemed to think he's a million dollar man.

For all we know, the Drongoes might actually be interested in him and are lowballing him in the papers to save their own cap space for 2020. Quite possibly his manager and Drongoes have devised a plan where they get him on the cheap for the first year, and then make a more substancial offer the following year. That way it makes it a more enticing offer to the Drongoes at out expense.

Whatever comes of his future, we're going to to get stiffed either way. I can't see a way of getting around that one.
    Last edited by Toads; 01-10-19 at 03:02 PM.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    I hear ya, JB. But no club is sillier enough to pay overs like our club does (sorry to say). Surely no one in their right mind will pick him up for 500k and be content with that, he just hasn't proved himself yet, but somehow someone at the club seemed to think he's a million dollar man.

For all we know, the Drongoes might actually be interested in him and are lowballing him in the papers to save their own cap space for 2020. Quite possibly his manager and Drongoes have devised a plan where they get him on the cheap for the first year, and then make a more substancial offer the following year. That way it makes it a more enticing offer to the Drongoes at out expense.

Whatever comes of his future, we're going to to get stiffed either way. I can't see a way of getting around that one.
    Annesley destroying our cap and then running away is why I can’t believe he has the hide to now be hinting at wanting to be on the GCCC and get his paws on our rate money.

I reckon Taylor wants to go to the Drongoes for sure, he probably thinks they have magic dust that will transform him into who he should be.
    If we stay strong I believe he will fold and ask for an unconditional release.