Page 52 of 160 FirstFirst ... 2 42 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 62 102 152 ... LastLast
    Junior

That little interview with Cartwright has me wanting him to succeed. Admitting his failings as transparently as that is not easy ... good on him and I hope he can transfer into some good form.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/01/24/...-embarrassing/
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    That little interview with Cartwright has me wanting him to succeed. Admitting his failings as transparently as that is not easy ... good on him and I hope he can transfer into some good form.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/01/24/...-embarrassing/
    Would be an awesome bonus to an already excellent off and pre-season

Says a lot for Peats too.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Says a lot for Peats too.
    Totally agree and you can see the camaraderie in the group ... something special growing there.

Gold Coast coach Garth Brennan locks in spot for talented utility AJ Brimson
    JANUARY 30, 2019
    Gold Coast coach Garth Brennan has revealed boom youngster AJ Brimson will play five-eighth and not fullback this year, and could even start the season in a super sub role off the bench.

Still recovering from a post-season shoulder reconstruction, the dynamic 20-year-old won’t commence contact training for several more weeks and Brennan said his return would not be rushed.

Brennan conceded veteran Michael Gordon would start in the custodian role, with Brimson up against Tyrone Roberts and Ryley Jacks to partner Ash Taylor in the starting halves.

“A lot will depend on how AJ is tracking with his shoulder,” Brennan explained.

“I am not going to rush him.

Brimson is one of the best up and coming players in the game. Photo by Chris Hyde/Getty Images.
    “I think long-term fullback is going to be his spot because he is such a dynamic runner.

“And I think that is where he feels most comfortable, as a one.

“The good thing for me is that I have Michael Gordon there who is a real pro and with

a lot of experience.

“If Flash is fit and healthy Flash will be fullback.

“Fit and healthy, AJ Brimson will be in my 13 somewhere.”

The Titans are scheduled to play Brisbane in a trial on March 2 and depending on if and how Brimson performs will determine where he starts the season.

“The other option for me is to ease him off the bench round one,” Brennan said.

Brimson recently underwent shoulder surgery. AAP Image/Dave Hunt.
    “Because that is my number one concern, making sure the kid gets looked after.

“It is such a long year and he is such a super kid.

“The last thing I want is for him to go out too early and damage (the shoulder) or lose

confidence.

“I have to protect him. It is hard not to get excited about him. I think there is representative football in him. He is just such a competitor.

“When he came back after Christmas and he came straight into our ball sessions at

six, the teamwork just changed.

Brimson will initially slot in at five-eighth.
    “The speed of everything he does is fast. The tempo of everything we did went through the roof.

“He was playing alongside (Tyrone Peachey) on the left side and Peach has just gone,

‘wow, what about this kid’.

“He will be into a bit of light contact in the next few weeks and he will hopefully be ready to go in that Broncos trial.

“But look, whether he is fit and ready to go will determine the make-up of that spine.”

I’m all for AJ playing 5/8 this year
    But when i read about him playing a super sub position off the bench , “ SERIOUSLY “
    That to me means , the coaches princess gets what he wants again , having his little buddy playing along side him.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan68 View Post
    I’m all for AJ playing 5/8 this year
    But when i read about him playing a super sub position off the bench , “ SERIOUSLY “
    That to me means , the coaches princess gets what he wants again , having his little buddy playing along side him.
    Not sure how you got that from the article. I dont want Roberts in the team either, but the quote by Brennan saying if fit and healthy AJ will be in my 13, and with regards to his recovery from shoulder surgery says depending on how he is, then may consider as bench utility for round 1??

I think the coach has to bench him early on because that shoulder needs to be tested and either 1 or 6 are such important positions. Whether Taylor gets his way or not, Brennan said he wasn’t sure so there’s nothing to read into it yet. The Roberts/Jacks combo looks sharp at training so maybe Taylor drops back :-)

Bring on the trials!!!

Jeeez....I can't wait for the season to kick off!

So good to hear Gordon at 1 with Brimson at 6. I think it's definitely better than Brimson at 1 and Roberts at 6, even if it delays Brimson's development at fullback slightly.
    Bring back Kevin Gordon

Inactive User

Brimson 1 ,Gordon 2 ,Peachey 6, Roberts Left Right Out

I hope it's....Gordon 1, AJ 6, Taylor 7, Roberts 14.
    Last edited by Menoitios; 01-02-19 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    I hope it's....Gordon 1, AJ 6, Taylor 7, Roberts 14.
    So Peats or Rein?

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    So Peats or Rein?
    A while ago, I said Rein. Now after seeing the amount of work Peats has put in over the off season...and considering that we most likely won't be relying so much on a "spark out of dummy half" this year....

Peats!