Page 109 of 160 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 119 159 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 2400
    Rep Player

Kikau, Fisher-Harris, Yeo...

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Kikau, Fisher-Harris, Yeo...
    sorry totally forgot Kikau as he has been in and out this year, but would love him on a left edge. would be awesome. JFH is also a workhorse but i would only chase him IF we lost Arrow

If we get Holbook...maybe he can lure some of his talent from St Helens here?

Ah, only dreaming.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    If we get Holbook...maybe he can lure some of his talent from St Helens here?

Ah, only dreaming.
    Sure. U can have a in form kev Naiqama, a Lauchy Coote, a wiser Dom Peyroux or yhe everlasting Luke Douglas. Take your pick
    Last edited by teke; 29-07-19 at 10:38 PM.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Sure. U can have a in form kev Naiqama, a Lauchy Coote, a wiser Dom Peyroux or yhe everlasting Luke Douglas. Take your pick
    How is Peyroux going? Wouldn't mind another outside back to replace Copley/Don. I'll pass on the rest though haha.

That's only 4 players too. Surely they're not top of the table for nothing?
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 29-07-19 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    How is Peyroux going? Wouldn't mind another outside back to replace Copley/Don. I'll pass on the rest though haha.

That's only 4 players too. Surely they're not top of the table for nothing?
    Yeah they are rock solid across the Park which cant be said for any other team in the comp. I want their wingers because excitement !
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Rather than hoping he brings some players to the Titans I'm more of the thinking that hopefully he can use his contacts to offload a lot of our playing group to the ESL.

FURNER'S LEEDS NIGHTMARE OVER

It’s taken two and a half months, but former Kangaroo David Furner has finally resolved his bitter dispute with English club Leeds.

Furner was sacked as coach just 14 games into a three-year deal and lawyers quickly swooped from both sides to settle his payout.

After a long-running series of negotiations, Furner settled the matter last week and arrives back in Sydney today.

“It’s been a tough time and I’m just glad I can get on with my life and me re-united with my family,” Furner told WWOS from the UK yesterday.

“It has been a really tough time over here but I am keen on a job back in the NRL, possibly as an assistant coach.

“I haven’t been idle in my time off and have spent time with (former Wallabies coach) Eddie Jones and (former Kangaroos coach) Tim Sheens.”

BROKEN DRAGONS EXIT RACE FOR ARROW

More bad news for Dragons fans, with the club distancing themselves from the hottest property in the game - Titans forward Jai Arrow.

At least six clubs are ready to make a move for Arrow when he goes on the open market for 2021 in November, but the Dragons won’t be one of them.

With the Dragons getting out-muscled up front in many games this season, Arrow would have been a handy acquisition - or so you would have thought.

But Dragons officials have told me they aren’t interested in the big forward and will be looking elsewhere.

So good to see darius farmer back training with the full squad after being out of action for 7 weeks

Immortal

Great news mate

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny86 View Post
    So good to see darius farmer back training with the full squad after being out of action for 7 weeks

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    See this is what give me hope. He has taken guys that were considered discards, and built them in to a winning TEAM!
    I feel like he has a bit of Bellamy about him. Taken some average players, given them simple roles, and let them excel.
    Maybe we will get away from the whole “We pay Ash 1 million so he should win us games” and move to we have 17 guys wth a job to do , and if they each do there job we will win games!
    Listened to Bellamy last night, and all he had to say was he brought hard work to the storm!

Quote Originally Posted by ja4220 View Post
    See this is what give me hope. He has taken guys that were considered discards, and built them in to a winning TEAM!
    I feel like he has a bit of Bellamy about him. Taken some average players, given them simple roles, and let them excel.
    Maybe we will get away from the whole “We pay Ash 1 million so he should win us games” and move to we have 17 guys wth a job to do , and if they each do there job we will win games!
    Listened to Bellamy last night, and all he had to say was he brought hard work to the storm!
    Spot on. I would rather have a team of guys wanting to wear the jersey and playing for each other rather than a bunch of overpaid potential “stars” on big bucks. And we were on the right path in 2016 with King Henry where we had guys like McQueen, Taia, Friend etc who weren’t big names but they simply all played as a cohesive hard working unit. Let’s hope Holbrook can turn our roster around and clear some of these overpaid names and bring in some leadership and quality in return. Might take a year or two however.

Junior

What’s that article in the bulletin about who we should sign??

Funny story. Jumped on the Bulletin to look at the article and the School captain from my Brothers old grade 12 (1990) killed himself.

Five off-contract NRL players Gold Coast Titans should target upon appointing new head coach
    Connor O’Brien, @obrien_GCB, Gold Coast Bulletin
    July 30, 2019 11:59am
    Subscriber only
    THE next key part of the Titans’ puzzle is rejigging their roster, and while we wait for Justin Holbrook to be confirmed as Garth Brennan’s successor, the Bulletin has been scouring the player market.

Gold Coast have little short-term roster flexibility with basically all of their well-paid players under contract for next year.

Nonetheless, we have highlighted five off-contract players at various stages of their NRL careers who could be options for the Titans in 2020.

JORDAN RAPANA

Current club: Canberra

Position: Wing

NRL games: 110

There are so many reasons why this could work.

Rapana is a freakish talent and would give the Titans both a try-scoring weapon and a player who can provide big running metres at the start of sets.

His value is probably not an all-time high – 2019 has been relatively quiet by his lofty standards, and the Green Machine are facing salary cap pressures, although they have recently said they are confident of squeezing him in for next year. In fairness, the Titans would probably have to move some players on to fit him into their own roster.

Importantly, he fits in with the Gold Coast-centric recruitment strategy as a Tugun Seahawks junior who still has family up this way, including sister Tazmin Gray, a representative women’s league star who plays for the Burleigh Bears.

ALEX GLENN

Current club: Brisbane

Position: Second-row

NRL games: 254

Another New Zealand international who is off-contract and unlike Rapana, Glenn appears a real chance of finding himself in Titans colours next year.

The Broncos veteran actually lives on the Gold Coast and is a solid player and respected leader.

He has publicly declared he could help the Titans rebuild if he can’t sort a new deal with Brisbane.

“The person I am, I have strong values on respect, honesty and hard work. I think I could add to a team like that,” he told News Corp.

JACOB LIDDLE

Current club: Wests Tigers

Position: Hooker

NRL games: 37

Maybe a little left field but Liddle has shown glimpses of his talent between being stuck behind Robbie Farah at the Tigers.

Given that neither Nathan Peats nor Mitch Rein have really set the world on fire for Gold Coast, this could be a move aimed at setting up for the future and grooming Liddle as the club’s long-term No.9.

JAI FIELD

Current club: St George Illawarra

Position: Five-eighth/fullback

NRL games: 11

Like Liddle, Field is a talented youngster who is yet to receive many opportunities and probably would come at reasonable value.

Field is highly regarded and could join AJ Brimson as part of the club’s long-term playmaking spine alongside either Ash Taylor or Tyrone Roberts, and could even play a valuable bench role in the interim.

Live stream the 2019 NRL Telstra Premiership on KAYO SPORTS. Every game of every round live & anytime on your TV or favourite device. Get your 14 day free trial >

KURT CAPEWELL

Current club: Cronulla

Position: Second-row

NRL games: 57

Capewell has established himself in the NRL these past few years and has been linked on multiple occasions to a move back to Queensland (he hails from Charleville).

His older brother Luke has already played for the Titans back in 2011 and there is a definite sense that a deal to bring Kurt here could benefit both parties.

When at full strength, Capewell is stuck behind Wade Graham and Briton Nikora in the second-row pecking order and the Sharks also have the likes of Scott Sorensen as alternative cover.

With a potentially clean sheet on offer at the Titans, a frontline opportunity beckons.

From a Titans perspective, they have every reason to believe Capewell won’t become the latest recruit to fail to live up to expectations given that he is knocking on the door of an Origin call-up and is determined to get himself over the line.

Rep Player

No to Liddle. There are better local options like Parcell or Turpin. Reece Robson's contract with the Cows still hasn't been formally announced so not sure what's up with him.

Maybe to Field. Don't know enough about him but I'd rather someone more experienced to partner Ash if we decide to move Tyrone on. I reckon Sezer and Ash could form a could combo. Luke Keary would be the dream but he's with the Roosters until the end of 2021.

Yes to Rapana, Glenn and Capewell. I think we will get Glenn and Capewell and miss out on Rapana.