Page 152 of 160 FirstFirst ... 52 102 142 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 2400
    Inactive User

Superb footballers both of them Asofa-Solomona and Wighton but I am so over out of town big money marquee signings on the Coast. I’ll stick to wanting to get the cream of mdrew Junior Development posts for the time being.

Immortal

11 Titans juniors will be doing the NRL pre-season with Justin Holbrook so a lot to look forward to in 2020 from junior development perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Superb footballers both of them Asofa-Solomona and Wighton but I am so over out of town big money marquee signings on the Coast. I’ll stick to wanting to get the cream of mdrew Junior Development posts for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Wighton will be a flash in the pan. Wouldn’t pay more than 600 for him and he’s already turned down 750 from his home team.
    Also read that he has changed managers so the new manager doesn’t get a %of the contract. So this exercise is to get a new deal so that the manager also gets paid.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    11 Titans juniors will be doing the NRL pre-season with Justin Holbrook so a lot to look forward to in 2020 from junior development perspective.
    How good is that I think there may have been only 3 or 4 last year so a step in the right direction

If anyone has access to Gold Coast Bulletin can you post the latest article about Dennis Watt saying they have some room to nab a high profile recruit.
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Wow that's exciting @mdrew do you know the 11?

- - - Updated - - -

letin.com.au/sport/nrl/titans-chairman-dennis-watt-discusses-gold-coasts-salary-cap-position-amid-josh-reynolds-rumours/news-story/e84077db6aa8028a411a56d3dcfcc22b
    Nathan friend my all time favorite titan

Titans chairman Dennis Watt discusses Gold Coast’s salary cap position amid Josh Reynolds rumours
    Brent O’Neill, Gold Coast Bulletin
    October 14, 2019 8:03pm
    Subscriber only
    TITANS chairman Dennis Watt insists the club has little room to move in its 2020 salary cap but the door could still be ajar for this year’s wooden-spooners to nab a high-profile recruit, including Wests Tigers discard Josh Reynolds.

With Wests giving under-contract five-eighth Reynolds permission to negotiate with NRL rivals, a report out of Sydney over the weekend suggested the Titans were looming as a possible home for the former NSW playmaker next season.

While Gold Coast has a handful of spots left to fill on next year’s 30-man roster, Watt confirmed the club had limited cap space with which to lure a big name.

However, with the future of several players - including million-dollar halfback Ash Taylor - still uncertain ahead of new coach Justin Holbrook’s arrival next month, any departures could pave the way for the club to enter the market.

While Watt would not be drawn on Reynolds specifically, he said the fickle NRL transfer market meant changes for next season were not out of the realms of possibility.

“It can be attractive for players to seek two or three-year deals elsewhere. Someone might be in their last year (here) and get a three-year offer elsewhere so if that’s the case it’s always a possibility that they will come and ask for a release from their final year,” Watt said.

“There’s not a lot of room in the cap for next year. There’s a few minimum-value spots to be filled there but nothing of significance.

“I think there’s about 13 or 14 blokes off-contract at the end of 2020 so if there is movement it’s more likely to be the following year. With those players off-contract you’d expect them to play well in 2020.”

Titans head of performance and culture Mal Meninga last month told News Corp the club would not stand in Taylor’s way if he asked for a release from his deal, which expires at the end of 2020.

Earmarked as the future of the club when he signed a massive three-year deal in late 2017, 24-year-old Taylor endured a nightmare 2019 campaign, with a loss of form and mental health battle leaving him to play out the back half of the season with Intrust Super Cup side Tweed Seagulls.

“At the end of the day, the ball is in Ash’s court,” Meninga said.

“Personally, I would love to see Ash succeed at the Titans and we’re doing everything possible to get him back to where he needs to be. But if it’s not working for Ash or for us then I would consider something like a straight swap if another club was interested and it worked out well for all parties.”

Rep Player

Doesn’t really say anything. Bit of a fluff article.

In other news, apparently BJ Leilua is on the market for 650k+. Decent enough player but gee I really don’t think he’s what we need right now and I sure hope we don’t consider him at that price.

I would like us to have a go at Trent Merrin. He’s good mates with a few of the boys and I really rated him as a second rower. I’d only make it a two year deal so to allow our young blokes to take over from him.

All the talk of Josh Reynolds scares me. Too injury prone for my liking.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Doesn’t really say anything. Bit of a fluff article.

In other news, apparently BJ Leilua is on the market for 650k+. Decent enough player but gee I really don’t think he’s what we need right now and I sure hope we don’t consider him at that price.
    Swap for Shannon Boyd plus some cash. Boyd wants to move back to Canberra when he retires anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Swap for Shannon Boyd plus some cash. Boyd wants to move back to Canberra when he retires anyway.
    This is a very good idea, win win for everyone

No to BJ and Reynolds, BJ because he's a dead**** and Reynolds because he's injury prone.

And you guys make it sound so easy to be able to offload players. Which clubs in their right mind would want to go anywhere near the likes of Shannon Boyd? Of course when Canberra dangled the bait in front of us we were the only club stupid enough to take it, and now we're stuck with him.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 15-10-19 at 03:40 PM.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    No to BJ and Reynolds, BJ because he's a dead**** and Reynolds because he's injury prone.

And you guys make it sound so easy to be able to offload players. Which clubs in their right mind would want to go anywhere near the likes of Shannon Boyd? Of course when Canberra dangled the bait in front of us we were the only club stupid enough to take it, and now we're stuck with him.
    Yeah the Boyd signing was a disaster. He was a back up plan for JWall and when JWall signed good old Mr Integrity Annesley didn’t withdraw the insane $600k a year offer. Ricky Stuart laughed at us.

Boyd only has to do a lap of the oval and he does a hamstring and if you kiss him on the forehead he’s out for 2-4 weeks with concussion protocol. Disaster.

Now if we are looking at Reynolds and Leilua to bolster our club we are in trouble. Sign up all our best kids and let’s rebuild through them and have faith in the Holbrook method and his coaching team.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    You reckon they’d want him back?

Matterson's meeting with the Titans next week