Page 45 of 160 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 55 95 145 ... LastLast
    Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Anybody who wants to see this special talent just type in “Dion Samuela highlights” and just marvel at his talents. Apparently use to be in the Titans junior system but don’t know what happen there. Here is a junior that you need to tie up quick smart and Brennan had been advised
    So here is a fella that’s being compared to Ponga and we are just letting Gould just freely come in and get him without our club seemingly having a crack to be with us.
    This is the crap that does my head in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    So here is a fella that’s being compared to Ponga and we are just letting Gould just freely come in and get him without our club seemingly having a crack to be with us.
    This is the crap that does my head in.
    Me Drew seems to think that the titans are having a crack.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Me Drew seems to think that the titans are having a crack.
    That’s not my reading of his comment, my interpretation was we are doing nothing about the next Ponga being freely let go to Penrith BUT they are doing well in other areas.
    Letting a future star of the game from your own nursery be poached is never acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Is Shannon Boyd carrying a long term debilitating injury?
    I hope not. Why do you ask??

- - - Updated - - -

That’s not my reading of his comment, my interpretation was we are doing nothing about the next Ponga being freely let go to Penrith BUT they are doing well in other areas.
    Letting a future star of the game from your own nursery be poached is never acceptable.
    And the Mcgrady boys have already gone there! What's doing Brennan?? Almost seems like Gus thinks we're another nursery for him. Who is scouting for the panthers?

QLD Cup

Is he a local kid or someone on a sports scholarship?

Immortal

Local boy mate

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    Is he a local kid or someone on a sports scholarship?

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    I hope not. Why do you ask??

- - - Updated - - -

And the Mcgrady boys have already gone there! What's doing Brennan?? Almost seems like Gus thinks we're another nursery for him. Who is scouting for the panthers?
    So Samuela might be going to Penrith and one of those McGrady boys I’ve heard is quite special too. So much for all this Baloney by Brennan about “Future proofing the Gold Coast”.
    Words are cheap. Protect the nursery.

And what’s this about Boyd? Anyone have more info? We are paying him a stack of money, surely we’d do our homework on his physical condition before signing him to $600k a season.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Is Shannon Boyd carrying a long term debilitating injury?
    Actually it was strange I believe I saw a quick news clip about pre-season a few weeks ago saying he had hamstring issues and was upset he couldnt participate fully. Havent heard anything since

So Samuela might be going to Penrith and one of those McGrady boys I’ve heard is quite special too. So much for all this Baloney by Brennan about “Future proofing the Gold Coast”.
    Words are cheap. Protect the nursery.

And what’s this about Boyd? Anyone have more info? We are paying him a stack of money, surely we’d do our homework on his physical condition before signing him to $600k a season.
    What are you talking about

Samuela is a kid who wasn’t even a shoe in for local rep football at MM Cup level. His highlights are good value but so are Mark O’Dares. The clubs junior recruitment staff have know about Dion for years, fact of the matter is if he was really that good, he would be aligned with a club by now whether it be here or elsehwere. He’s a good player but comparing him to KP is ridiculous.

The passion around here is fantastic but man the entire premise is way off the mark

Inactive User

^^^^^
    https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp....7f5492a6833310

This is where my premise comes from and the initial story about Gus being in love with him
    If the kid is totally over hyped and is a Mark O’Dare then happy days he is not on our radar.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    Actually it was strange I believe I saw a quick news clip about pre-season a few weeks ago saying he had hamstring issues and was upset he couldnt participate fully. Havent heard anything since
    Maybe that was from that run they went on. He's a big bloke and not used to the heat up here. He shoud have acclimatised by now hopefully. I don't recall him having issues at the raiders. He did his calf at one stage, but I think he returned from that?

Sorry for the delay back in China and time difference has kicked in ... Boyd was on the bike the other day when I was at training and didn't join the squad at all, hence my question.

Regarding Gould and his general public sausage stroking about who he wants ... can somebody tell me how many premierships he's won in recent times with all he's got in his backyard? An over-rated clown in the Bennett mould (pun intended) for mine ... Bodsie take whatever Gould says and read "slobber from the gob of the League's biggest wanker".
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    It is Deon Samuela Penrith are after but rest assured the Titans development staff are doing outstanding work.
    Wasnt he named in Burleigh Mal Meninga Cup squad?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    What are you talking about

Samuela is a kid who wasn’t even a shoe in for local rep football at MM Cup level. His highlights are good value but so are Mark O’Dares. The clubs junior recruitment staff have know about Dion for years, fact of the matter is if he was really that good, he would be aligned with a club by now whether it be here or elsehwere. He’s a good player but comparing him to KP is ridiculous.

The passion around here is fantastic but man the entire premise is way off the mark
    Fair point mate, there were rumours about him not being able to handle the contact of league as well. And he is also a lot smaller than Ponga was at his age.

Have been plenty of the next Benji, Ponga, JT and so for but not many that eventuate.

Immortal

Yes mate he is in the initial train on squad.

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeGC View Post
    Wasnt he named in Burleigh Mal Meninga Cup squad?

- - - Updated - - -

Fair point mate, there were rumours about him not being able to handle the contact of league as well. And he is also a lot smaller than Ponga was at his age.

Have been plenty of the next Benji, Ponga, JT and so for but not many that eventuate.

First Grader

Bennett thought JT was too small and would not make it. You can build on that and he has an abundance of skills, vision and pace