Page 84 of 160 FirstFirst ... 34 74 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 94 134 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 2400
    QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    So looks like Max King is now staying with us for this year at least. Due to the Arrow injury.
    If he is gone at the end of the year, dont we have another young player that we could be grooming through the rest of this lost season.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    If he is gone at the end of the year, dont we have another young player that we could be grooming through the rest of this lost season.
    Don't know if we have any young forwards ready for NRL waiting in the wings besides Darius Farmer (who mdrew said probably needs a bit more time in QCUP). And I suppose we are grooming Fotuaika and Whitbread at the moment which are the future of our pack. Keeping King is more of a case that Arrow got hurt on the weekend so smart move by the club to keep him on.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    You could move Whitbread to the middle, or even Hipgrave and then give Darius Farmer an edge. But if we don't have players coming through to replace him then you wonder why they are letting him leave as we are repeatedly told we are a developmental club. If we have to go to market what can we expect for the money we have on offer?

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Don't know if we have any young forwards ready for NRL waiting in the wings besides Darius Farmer (who mdrew said probably needs a bit more time in QCUP). And I suppose we are grooming Fotuaika and Whitbread at the moment which are the future of our pack. Keeping King is more of a case that Arrow got hurt on the weekend so smart move by the club to keep him on.
    I think it is poor form from the club. Don't get me wrong, I think it is completely the wrong decision to let him go in the first place, but if he has a signed a contract with the Storm for next year then let him go now. The club has made it obvious that they don't see a future for him with us so why not let him develop elsewhere. He is a bloody good player though and has some good size about him. I'm pretty disappointed to see us lose him.

I don’t understand all the negativity towards King ... he is certainly a better prospect than Stockwell, Latu or Matthews and I rate him slightly above Hipgrave and Proctor.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I don’t understand all the negativity towards King ... he is certainly a better prospect than Stockwell, Latu or Matthews and I rate him slightly above Hipgrave and Proctor.
    Agree Titanic as well as a nice young man.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

QLD Cup

My thoughts as well Titanic. I can only assume that this comes from the coach. There was a post on social media today that said King messaged Brennan post-game for a review of his performance playing for Tweed and Brennan didn't do it. You have to wonder what is going on.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    My thoughts as well Titanic. I can only assume that this comes from the coach. There was a post on social media today that said King messaged Brennan post-game for a review of his performance playing for Tweed and Brennan didn't do it. You have to wonder what is going on.

#sackBrennan
    Just bloody do it

- - - Updated - - -

I said earlier I’d like King to give the #13 jersey immediately while Arrow is out and yes he’s way ahead of Matthews/Latu/Stockwell. This saga is a farce.

Can someone link the social post?

I dont know if our HC should be watching qcup games tbh if thats what king is asking for. if hes asking to measure his stats against what brennan expects i guess thats a different thing.

Rumour mill about kevvy gets stronger, for better or worse. I hope my fellow northern rivers friends arent turned off by a defacto QRL takeover.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by T0ken View Post

I dont know if our HC should be watching qcup games tbh if thats what king is asking for. if hes asking to measure his stats against what brennan expects i guess thats a different thing.

Rumour mill about kevvy gets stronger, for better or worse. I hope my fellow northern rivers friends arent turned off by a defacto QRL takeover.
    As someone from that area (not anymore) and works there with quite a few friends that live down there I think the only thing people are thirsting for is success.
    With success nobody would care what the qld/nsw personnel quota is.
    People are over us being **** and don’t forget those residents have endured us being crap from as far back as the Giants/Seagulls day when our home ground was in West Tweed.

Hoping to hear less news about Max leaving and more noise about Peachey going. Anyone hear how his "pec injury" has progressed after it kept him out of the game? Just kidding, nothing to hear because there was no injury.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by T0ken View Post

This was written by Clarkeys NRL Column on Facebook...

The Gold Coast Titans have back flipped on their decision to release front row forward Max King.
    ___
    The club had originally agreed to release King who was set to sign with the Melbourne Storm, effective immediately. However, an injury to lock forward Jai Arrow has seen the Titans change their mind.
    ___
    At 22 years of age King has played 38 games of NRL for the Titans since making his debut in 2017. Recently he has fallen out of favour with coach Garth Brennan.
    ___
    I've got solid mail that whilst playing for Tweed Heads in Queensland Cup, King messaged Brennan post-game for a review of his performance. Brennan failed to review his game.
    ___
    King's team mate were reportedly shocked to see him earlier this morning at a training session in Currumbin.
    ___
    The 22 year old had already toured the Storm facilities & was set for a release this morning at 6AM. He had already said goodbye to his family & friends.
    ___
    It is understood at this stage, the Titans will continue to hold off on his release. King is off contract at the end of 2019 & will join the Melbourne Storm from 2020.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    This was written by Clarkeys NRL Column on Facebook...

The Gold Coast Titans have back flipped on their decision to release front row forward Max King.
    ___
    The club had originally agreed to release King who was set to sign with the Melbourne Storm, effective immediately. However, an injury to lock forward Jai Arrow has seen the Titans change their mind.
    ___
    At 22 years of age King has played 38 games of NRL for the Titans since making his debut in 2017. Recently he has fallen out of favour with coach Garth Brennan.
    ___
    I've got solid mail that whilst playing for Tweed Heads in Queensland Cup, King messaged Brennan post-game for a review of his performance. Brennan failed to review his game.
    ___
    King's team mate were reportedly shocked to see him earlier this morning at a training session in Currumbin.
    ___
    The 22 year old had already toured the Storm facilities & was set for a release this morning at 6AM. He had already said goodbye to his family & friends.
    ___
    It is understood at this stage, the Titans will continue to hold off on his release. King is off contract at the end of 2019 & will join the Melbourne Storm from 2020.
    Onya Garth. Doing a great job mate. Thanks so much for coming up here.

I'm certainly not negative towards King but I'm not slitting my wrists because he is going. He has gone ok in the NRL matches he has played but just ok. Nothing he has done though that screams that we must keep him - unlike Mo for example who just goes from strength to strength..
    You are right Titanic though, in that he is better than Latu, Stockwell and Matthews and above Hipgrave and Proctor. That is not a big wrap however and says more about our roster than anything else.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Hoping to hear less news about Max leaving and more noise about Peachey going. Anyone hear how his "pec injury" has progressed after it kept him out of the game? Just kidding, nothing to hear because there was no injury.
    I am reliably informed that it was not a pec injury but a torn heart muscle