Page 73 of 160 FirstFirst ... 23 63 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 83 123 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 2400

Also look for Gilly to comeback to the Titans full time over the coming month or so.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Finally some signing NEWS

Titans forward Jai Whitbread will remain on the Gold Coast until at least the end of the 2021 season, after this week signing a two-year contract extension with the Titans.

The 21-year-old played under-20s for the Brisbane Broncos, but was lured home at the start of 2018 by the opportunity of a full-time contract and the chance to be closer to family.

The Tweed Bears junior was rewarded with his NRL debut in Round 18 of last year, but has become a more regular fixture in Titans’ top side this season, playing six NRL games.

Whitbread said he was pleased to be staying “home” with the Titans for the next two years.

“It’s a very exciting time, and I’m very grateful for the opportunity the club has given me to extend my stay here for another two years,” Whitbread said.

“I believe I’ve developed as a player, with the help of the coaches and high-performance staff.

“Being home has helped me enjoy my footy that little bit more, and getting to play first-grade footy in front of my family and friends is a dream come true.

“It’s great to have re-signed at a club that I’m loving being at, and I’m really looking forward to the next two years.”

Titans coach Garth Brennan is impressed with Whitbread’s development and is happy the local junior has chosen to stay with the club.

“Jai started with the club at the same time as I did, and he is a young kid who has impressed me across every facet of the game,” Brennan said.

“His work ethic and attention to detail during training and game preparation is to be applauded and he is now reaping the benefits as part of our NRL side.

“Jai is an example of what I want to develop here on the Gold Coast. I want to produce home-grown NRL talent and turn the Titans into a genuine development club.

“He has matured as a player, and it’s good news for the club that he has chosen to remain a Titan for the next two years.”

Whitbread has taken his opportunities pretty well. Should have got more game time last game though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Whitbread has taken his opportunities pretty well. Should have got more game time last game though.
    No one can work out wtf Brennan is doing with his interchange. I've even heard that if Arrow doesn't back up Peats may come in for him for this week.

Inactive User

Great news Whitbread
    Love the local juniors

EXCLUSIVE

Tyrone Peachey’s brief stint at the Gold Coast could be over in the coming weeks as Penrith prepare to lure the former NSW representative back to the club before the June 30 transfer deadline.

NRL.com understands Peachey’s manager Sam Ayoub met the Titans over the past week in regards to an early release from his deal at the club on compassionate grounds, despite being six months into a three-year deal.

The Panthers, who now have a spot available on their roster after releasing Dallin Watene-Zeleniak on Friday night, have been in discussions with Peachey’s manager about the prospect of him returning to the club immediately.

More to the story please refer to NRL.com. I couldn’t copy the link.

Fantastic news to wake up to and to kick off the weekend. Really hope it happens. Means we aren’t stuck with a shirt grabber for 3 years and instead we can splash the cash on the open market for guys who actually want to be here.

Link

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/08/...6BfPd7haYD0aVQ

Now all we need is for Shannon Boyd to wanna be a farm boy a bit faster and a super league club to take Latu and we'll be back where we started a year ago.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    EXCLUSIVE

Tyrone Peachey’s brief stint at the Gold Coast could be over in the coming weeks as Penrith prepare to lure the former NSW representative back to the club before the June 30 transfer deadline.

NRL.com understands Peachey’s manager Sam Ayoub met the Titans over the past week in regards to an early release from his deal at the club on compassionate grounds, despite being six months into a three-year deal.

The Panthers, who now have a spot available on their roster after releasing Dallin Watene-Zeleniak on Friday night, have been in discussions with Peachey’s manager about the prospect of him returning to the club immediately.

More to the story please refer to NRL.com. I couldn’t copy the link.
    We are a train wreck
    Good work Garth

Boyd I would like to keep....just needs more game time.....

Not sure of what centres are out there only ones I can think of not being used is maybe French, Curtis Scott , Drinkwater........

A though I have is that they promoted Sueili to the top squad, maybe promote Spry and maybe Semi seeing how finals are out and let them battle it out for the centre spot with Arthers ......

Jesus that's what, 1.5 million in our salary cap that aren't happy at the moment? You've gotta wonder what's going on behind the scenes there... Realisticly, we're lucky if the likes of Arrow and Brimson are still happy here.

QLD Cup

I'm probably in the minority here but I'd be disappointed if this was true and he left. He is one of the few players in our team that has point scoring opportunities in him and he is actually very professional outside of rugby. Sure he probably isn't earning his pay check as well as he could be but I think he is putting in far more than several other players. He nearly single handedly won the game for us last week. Nobody else apart from AJ could do that in the current team we have.

Junior

What an absolute train wreck this club is at the moment. Our star half is on stress leave and our marquee recruit for this year wants to leave after 13 rounds. After having such high hopes in the pre season it is no wonder we are thought of as the laughing stock of the league. All the other clubs must look at us and think we are a QCup side. They say winning starts in the front office but the way it looks at the moment the back office has locked the door and are running amok. I will never stop supporting this team but it does get really hard and tiresome defending it.

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    I'm probably in the minority here but I'd be disappointed if this was true and he left. He is one of the few players in our team that has point scoring opportunities in him and he is actually very professional outside of rugby. Sure he probably isn't earning his pay check as well as he could be but I think he is putting in far more than several other players. He nearly single handedly won the game for us last week. Nobody else apart from AJ could do that in the current team we have.
    I was over the moon when he signed here (I called my SuperCoach team feelin Peachey). Thought it would be a huge turning point for our team. Rumours that he didn't want to come up here prior to the season starting have proven true. he's not happy, he's not performing, he won't perform while he's tripping over his bottom lip. See you later.

I'd let him leave as long as we aren't paying anything, we've got enough strike power to score plenty of points under the right coaching, would rather see our young guns like spry or seuli get game time