Page 118 of 160 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 128 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2400

Ash Taylor’s career in limbo as Titans consider offers from rival clubs
    NRL PREMIERSHIP
    August 15, 2019 7:58pm
    by STAFF WRITERS
    Source: FOX SPORTS

The Titans are reportedly considering shopping Ash Taylor around to rival clubs with the star halfback possibly having played his last game for the Gold Coast.
    Channel 7s Chris Garry reported the Titans have made inquiries about the possibility of Taylor moving on from the club at the end of the season.

“Ash Taylor may have played his last game for Titans,” Garry tweeted.

“The club is open to subsidising his salary to play for a rival side next year. NRL Clubs have already inquired. The Titans are happy to keep him too but feel change of scenery could be best.”

Taylor is currently in reserve grade having made an unsuccessful return from a self enforced hiatus from the game to deal with personal issues.

The Titans highest paid player is on a deal north of one million a season, but is unlikely to play again for the rest of the year.

“If you subsidise 500k for him to play elsewhere you have 500k free to buy a player,” Garry said.

“It’s worth it. They aren’t a top 8 team next year with him anyway.

“The issue is - if they don’t subsidise and I mean 400k plus. He’s not going. And that’s a million on their books.

“Personally, I think a new club would be ideal. Dragons, Roosters or Tigers could be good for him. He’s going backwards where he is.”

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    My understanding is that Taylor will be asking for a release from his contract if he hasn’t already. The Titans aren’t going to subsidise his $1 million contract. I reckon Garry is wrong.

Wouldn’t mind a player swap with the Drongoes and we get Deardon
    How have you come to that understanding Bods? If he asks for a release his next contract is worth $300, if he gets subsidised he still gets his inflated wage.
    Last edited by JunctionBlock; 15-08-19 at 07:22 PM.

Inactive User

I think Taylor has asked for a full release or wants a full release and his manager is getting ahead of his client in order to salvage his $1million a year. The Titans have a policy of not subsidising players.
    I firmly believe we have made Zero inquiries to other clubs.

If Taylor wants To go he needs to want a full release.

Damn. I reckon Holbrook could have been the guy to turn his career around. If Taylor goes to a club with a good coach, look out.

I think Taylor has asked for a full release or wants a full release and his manager is getting ahead of his client in order to salvage his $1million a year. The Titans have a policy of not subsidising players.
    I firmly believe we have made Zero inquiries to other clubs.

If Taylor wants To go he needs to want a full release.

I'd swap him for David Fafita ??? !!!
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Get rid of Roberts too and Sezer back with a young half or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    Swap deal, Taylor and maybe even Roberts for Sezer wouldn’t be the worst thing.
    Can someone please explain to me why we are suggesting we bring back a reserve grade half? He is not much better than Roberts, please, lets try and find another option.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    I'd swap him for David Fafita ??? !!!
    I'd swap him for a kit kat if it means freeing up a million dollars.

Bods if the club has a policy on not subsidizing contracts then we have a VERY long year or two ahead of us.

Sezer is better then both this year but I can’t see the raiders willing to swap they are solid in the halves depth

Raiders have another gun half coming from England so Sezer will very much be the thirds or fourth wheel and is likely gettable.

Im not sure i want him, but i do think it would be possible

Do we need to go to market?
    Brimson till 2020
    Jacks 2019 but could be cheaply upgraded
    Peachey 2021
    Roberts 2020
    Taylor (yes he's still here) 2021
    Tannah Boyd 2021

Given that we are going to be terrible next year too I wouldn't be too concerned with cheaply upgrading Jacks if we offload Taylor. If Taylor goes then Jacks stays.
    Last edited by JunctionBlock; 16-08-19 at 01:27 PM.

I know the club has said no payout to players etc , however I'm guessing that maybe in Taylors case due to the unique situation that Taylor and the club are in this case maybe an exception to the rule. Also there is no guarantee that he will find another club either. My preferred outcome for Taylor would be a release for $500 k , he then goes and play park footy somewhere and then if he comes good we have first rights at him. Also the $500k a year frees up cash to buy a few players and offer Jacks an extension.

Or AJ to halves and bring Jahrome Hughes back ??

Also as JB has said above we have AJ , Jacks, Boyd and Sexton. My feeling is that Roberts will be somewhere else next year. Sezer could be a good gap filler for a year or two but maybe Lachlan Lewis is a thought....

What club is going to pay north of 250k for a unproven half? We're the proverbial pooch regardless the outcome. smh

Inactive User

All I’ve got to say is well done Annesley. Thanks a lot. First Hayne And now Taylor. Both disasters that you gave insane contracts to. Hopeless.

All I’ve got to say is well done Annesley. Thanks a lot. First Hayne And now Taylor. Both disasters that you gave insane contracts to. Hopeless.
    I think you’ll find it wasn’t a deal the GA had his hand in.

Bods you fire off at GA a fair bit but without him there would be no Titans at all.

Quit it with the AJ in the halves chatter. He is quite useless playing there. We had years of playing our best fullback out of position on the wing. Let's not do that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    Quit it with the AJ in the halves chatter. He is quite useless playing there. We had years of playing our best fullback out of position on the wing. Let's not do that again.

Good Point.... One bloke we haven't spoken about is LG.... Manly are shopping him around.... Get him back for depth or under Holbrook could be different for him ??