Threaded View

Ash Taylor’s career in limbo as Titans consider offers from rival clubs
    NRL PREMIERSHIP
    August 15, 2019 7:58pm
    by STAFF WRITERS
    Source: FOX SPORTS

The Titans are reportedly considering shopping Ash Taylor around to rival clubs with the star halfback possibly having played his last game for the Gold Coast.
    Channel 7s Chris Garry reported the Titans have made inquiries about the possibility of Taylor moving on from the club at the end of the season.

“Ash Taylor may have played his last game for Titans,” Garry tweeted.

“The club is open to subsidising his salary to play for a rival side next year. NRL Clubs have already inquired. The Titans are happy to keep him too but feel change of scenery could be best.”

Taylor is currently in reserve grade having made an unsuccessful return from a self enforced hiatus from the game to deal with personal issues.

The Titans highest paid player is on a deal north of one million a season, but is unlikely to play again for the rest of the year.

“If you subsidise 500k for him to play elsewhere you have 500k free to buy a player,” Garry said.

“It’s worth it. They aren’t a top 8 team next year with him anyway.

“The issue is - if they don’t subsidise and I mean 400k plus. He’s not going. And that’s a million on their books.

“Personally, I think a new club would be ideal. Dragons, Roosters or Tigers could be good for him. He’s going backwards where he is.”

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    My understanding is that Taylor will be asking for a release from his contract if he hasn’t already. The Titans aren’t going to subsidise his $1 million contract. I reckon Garry is wrong.

Wouldn’t mind a player swap with the Drongoes and we get Deardon
    How have you come to that understanding Bods? If he asks for a release his next contract is worth $300, if he gets subsidised he still gets his inflated wage.
    Last edited by JunctionBlock; 15-08-19 at 08:22 PM.