Page 159 of 160 FirstFirst ... 59 109 149 155 156 157 158 159 160 LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 2400

Danny Weilder mentioned Jai as an option, but yeah I agree with both of you. Hopefully they'll target an edge backrower like Fifita/Frizell/Matterson since they already have Murray at lock

Looks like medical retirements are the new rage instead of seeing out contracts or heading to super league. I wonder if it extends to mental health?

I'm worried about the medical retirements of Burgess and Gillett and what that means for us keeping Jai.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Yeah so am I, I couldn't think of anything worse than Jai going back to Brisbane

Whatever Jai decides, it will speak volumes about his character.

I hope it turns out that he is exactly the kind of bloke that I think he is!

#staysolidJai

Inactive User

Jai is either a great bloke who is a community man or just another campaigner who takes easy options.
    All will be revealed.

Can someone with a Bulletin subscription please fill us in on the details of this article https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...s&mode=premium

"New Gold Coast coach Justin Holbrook has finally arrived and his first point of business is rebuilding his player roster, with one underperforming star offered up to the Bulldogs."
    Really curious to find out who the player is.

First Grader

Nathan Peats

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Nathan Peats
    I’m not sure how losing one of our only leaders is going to help anything. He’s been very good for our club since arriving here on and off the field, it would be a shame to see him go. Defensively he is a far superior player to Mitch Rein. He just needs to decent game plan to work off.

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    I’m not sure how losing one of our only leaders is going to help anything. He’s been very good for our club since arriving here on and off the field, it would be a shame to see him go. Defensively he is a far superior player to Mitch Rein. He just needs to decent game plan to work off.
    These are my thoughts as well. He was one of the teams leaders once James was injured and is always very vocal. We were criticised this year for a lack of leadership and to move Peats on would lessen that. I agree needs to lift he game management abit however hard to be critical when the 1,6,7 for us changed all the time.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    I certainly wouldn't move Peats on unless there is someone else in the pipeline, however I disagree that Peats has been very good for our club. He arrived as an Origin hooker and would now have at least 10 hookers in front of him. He has been very disappointing on the field and has made plenty of comments about his and the team performance without backing it up. He has become slow at dummy half and rarely runs. Hopefully the new coach gets the best out of him as he is just one of many who have gone backwards since coming here.

I'm on the other side of this one gents. I was so happy when we first signed Peats, he is hard working, puts his body on the line, is accountable and is a bit of a leader.

However I believe now his best playing days are behind him and the hooker position has slightly evolved over the past couple years. I think we look far more dangerous in attack with Mitch Rein, and I also believe Peats salary could be better spent in upgrading the young guys or putting that money towards a playmaker or outside back.

I do like him as a person but right now, we need to free up some cash. If I look at our hookers compared to the rest of the comp we would still be in the bottom 4 (for hookers).

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    However I believe now his best playing days are behind him and the hooker position has slightly evolved over the past couple years. I think we look far more dangerous in attack with Mitch Rein, and I also believe Peats salary could be better spent in upgrading the young guys or putting that money towards a playmaker or outside back.
    Agreed. Been pretty vocal of my opinions on Peats towards the end of last season. Good to see Holbrook getting down to business and treating it as it should be.

Inactive User

Is Peats the one being offered or are you guys just speculating?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Is Peats the one being offered or are you guys just speculating?
    Blindside: Bulldogs bound? Titans ready to let players walk
    Travis Meyn, The Courier-Mail
    November 1, 2019 10:51am
    Subscriber only
    Emotional Gillett calls it a day
    Munster won’t stop for “burner” neck injury
    THE Titans are yet to sign a player from a rival club for the 2020 NRL season but that could be about to change following the arrival of new coach Justin Holbrook.

Holbrook made his first public appearance at the Titans and is expected to start making moves on his playing roster.

A number of current players are in the firing line and the Titans would be happy to let many walk following a dismal wooden spoon season.

The problem for the Titans is finding a buyer on the back of a string of poor performances.

Blindside has been told hooker Nathan Peats’ name has been thrown up to the Bulldogs.

Peats, who is paid $600,000-a-season, is off-contract at the end of 2020 and may leave the Gold Coast earlier if he can secure a longer deal elsewhere.