Page 113 of 160 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 123 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 2400
    Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    How would Harry Grant be a campaigner just looking for a pay cheque? He’s a 21 year old from Rocky who has played one game for the Storm. I get the desire to promote local juniors but we can’t just be 100% local juniors at all costs.
    If he’s prepared to come at the money he’s on now and just is desperate for the opportunity then he’s welcome

Immortal

Edit Ambrosyev mate, plus Jed Edwards and then you have three or four at the U16 tlevel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Yeah he’s one and Ediq something??
    Last edited by mdrew; 06-08-19 at 11:16 AM.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Edit Ambrosyev mate, plus Jed Edwards and then you have three or four at the U26 level.
    Thanks great man

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Edit Ambrosyev mate, plus Jed Edwards and then you have three or four at the U16 tlevel.
    Hey Mdrew,
    Is Cole Geyer involved with us at all?

Immortal

I think so mate but not 100 percent sure, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by ja4220 View Post
    Hey Mdrew,
    Is Cole Geyer involved with us at all?

Gordon gone at season end

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny86 View Post
    Yeah I saw that “announcement”. I was under the impression from the moment he signed with us that 2019 would be his last year.
    To me it’s a non-announcement.

Alex Glenn weighs up future as Broncos re-sign young guns
    Peter Badel, The Courier-Mail
    August 7, 2019 4:28pm
    Subscriber only

Alex Glenn concedes Brisbane are running out of money under the salary cap, with the off-contract veteran facing the prospect of a pay cut to finish his career at the Broncos.

The Courier-Mail can reveal Broncos recruitment-and-retention chiefs met with Glenn’s management last week outlining their desire for the 31-year-old to remain at Red Hill until the end of 2021.

But whether Glenn stays loyal hinges on Brisbane’s formal offer at a time when the former Kiwi Test utility stands to secure more lucrative deals at rival NRL clubs.

Brisbane’s recent signing of Jake Turpin, Matt Lodge and Tevita Pangai Jr, and their impending retention of Origin winger Corey Oates, leaves Glenn as the last marquee Bronco without a contract for next season.

Glenn is hopeful of inking one final deal with Brisbane, but accepts his current $400,000-a-season salary at Red Hill could be slashed as the Broncos battle salary cap pressures.

“I’m not stupid mate, I know with all these signings the money will be drying up,” he told The Courier-Mail.

“I had a meeting with the Broncos last week with my manager and they gave me a rundown on what they want to do with me for the next couple of years.

“It’s nice to know the Broncos want to keep me here and the value I bring to this team, which is great to hear. It’s good to know the club is respecting me and wants to keep me here for a few more years.

“It’s very promising, but until something is on the table, it’s all talk.

“I just have to make the best decision for my football and my family and once the contracts are on the table, that’s when I will do it.

“At the moment, there’s nothing on the table from the Broncos.”

Glenn has enjoyed a remarkable career at Red Hill. He was set to become the sixth most-capped player in Brisbane history with his 256th NRL game on Thursday against the Cowboys, only to be ruled out on Wednesday with a knee injury.

Currently equal with Andrew Gee, Glenn needs just four more games to surpass champion Broncos halfback Allan Langer (258), but he admits there are other temptations.

The Titans have expressed interest in Glenn, who regards the Gold Coast as his second home after moving to the glitter strip from New Zealand with his family as a teenager.

“It’s great to know you are wanted at clubs,” Glenn said.

“The Titans are keen on me but they have a lot of stuff going on at their club with sorting out a new coach.

“I haven’t received an offer from the Titans as yet either, so it’s all talk at the moment.

“The Gold Coast is my home away from New Zealand.

“I moved to Burleigh when I was young and I have lived on the Gold Coast since moving to Australia 16 years ago.

“Gold Coast is close to my heart. If I was to leave the Broncos, the Titans would be a real option because my family is down there.

“But the Broncos are the club that I love, they gave me my first opportunity and my preference is to get something sorted here.

“I believe I can bring something to this younger squad coming through and carry on the legacy, but I have to take care of my family first.”

Broncos coach Anthony Seibold is hopeful Glenn is not lost to the club.

“We’d like to keep him no doubt about that,” he said.

“We’ve been in discussions with Alex and been able to express what we can offer him and so on.

“We want to retain Alex because he has a lot of experience and he’s been in the game a long time, so he can help our young lions in the forwards.”

***END***

Getting sick of this guy now. Yes we could use him and he would be great for us defensively but he has had a horror year injury wise and is getting past his used by date. CLub wants to make him an offer so he doesn't have to uproot his family....sub $200K. One time offer, not a dollar more. YOu come back with a counter offer and we pull the offer from the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny86 View Post
    funny i got the email alert today on my phone and i 100% looked up from my phone and Mick Gordon walked into my work.

I immediately looked for emails about naked women, but no such luck

Inactive User

My attitude about Glenn will not be changing but I know I’m very much on my own there although JB seems to be coming around to my thinking now. He just sees us as a Superannuation option.
    He’s had numerous opportunities to be with us.

And Nice one DB. Good post.

Rep Player

I’d prefer Capewell

QLD Cup

Although I don't necessarily think Glenn would view the Gold Coast as a retirement option, I'd prefer Capewell as well. I'd actually like to see Proctor make the switch to the left first to stiffen that sides defence. I feel like it would only improve Kelly's game as well.

Would love to see Capewell here. If KP moves sides who will receive the short ball?

@ChrisGarry7
    GREAT news for Titans fans - AJ Brimson and Gold Coast have begun discussions on upgrade and extension - a multi-million dollar deal. Titans want him signed and sealed before November. Other clubs are chasing but Gold Coast believe AJ will stay. FIRST on
    @7NewsBrisbane

QLD Cup

Hoffman anyone?