Page 33 of 160 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 43 83 133 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Surfers66 View Post
    Finally we have a decent centre #3!!!!
    Was thinking the same thing, a coach for our centres......and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Interesting appointment to say the least. Brennan will be able to focus on the Coaching now and Meninga can take over what he’s started with strengthening the Junior Pathways.
    I’ll take that as an admission that the job is too big for one guy

Quote Originally Posted by Surfers66 View Post
    Finally we have a decent centre #3!!!!
    C’mon, he was a pussy joking.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    Rugby League Immortal Mal Meninga joins the Titans
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2018/...ns-the-titans/
    Wow.....!!!!!! it adds legitimacy to a club on the way up!
    Last edited by Titanic Believer; 07-11-18 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    Wow.....!!!!!! it adds legitimacy to a club on the way up!
    Yep - certainly adds a whole lump of credibility

roll on 2019

Inactive User

Dear Mr Bods

The Gold Coast Titans can confirm the signing of Brian Kelly, from the Manly Sea-Eagles, for the next three seasons, through until the end of season 2021.

Kelly returns to the Titans where he played in the NYC competition (2014-16), where he played 54 games, scoring 35 tries.

The 22-year-old then made the move to Sydney’s northern beaches, making his NRL debut for the Manly Sea-Eagles in round one of season 2017. Since then, the Ballina junior has been a mainstay of the NRL side, playing 47 games over the two-year period, scoring 15 tries.

The Lismore-born centre has also made a number of representative sides, playing Country origin in 2017 and recently played in the Prime Minister’s XIII side against Papua New Guinea.

Head Coach Garth Brennan is excited about working with Brian.

“Brian is another local coming home and it is great to see a player of his calibre return to the club where he made a name for himself,” Brennan said.

“He showed plenty of promise coming through the ranks here at the Titans and continued his rise down in Sydney, becoming an NRL regular.

“I’ve spoken about the desire of bringing in an outside back and Brian definitely fits the criteria of what this club was looking for.”

Executive Chairman, Dennis Watt, is looking forward to seeing Kelly in Titans colours again.

“Garth has made it very clear that he wants as many local products playing for this club as possible and Brian is a perfect example of that,” he said.

“Whilst he had a short period away, he developed as a player here at the Titans and has now established himself as an NRL regular.

“We look forward to him getting back up here on the Gold Coast and getting stuck into pre-season training ahead of season 2019.”

Want to change the way you receive these emails? Update your mail preferences here

Immortal

Great to see Brian Kelly back

great signing, good to see Brian want to come back to his junior club as he has a lot of upside

A genuine young classy hole runner.

Welcome back BK
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Wonderful signing ... now let’s hope we can give him the ball as he runs into those holes ... anybody starting to like our team? I am.

Inactive User

I just love it when the Juniors Come home.

Rep Player

Brilliant news (along with finally unlocking my account after I tried linking it to my facebook. protip: dont do it). Was so annoyed to see us lose him as one of the casualties of the carty era.

We really have the makings of a good team. We just need our new recruits to fire and our old heads to continue to improve. Biggest thing we need to fix regardless of who we sign is our defence and errors. Think we were worst in the comp across the board and you simply cant win if you are bleeding points and bombing tries. I know I have said this the last few off seasons but bloody hell im optimistic for the coming year.

So, what’s everyone’s team looking like now? I’m thinking:

1. Brimson
    2. Don
    3. Kelly
    4. Peachey
    5. Gordon
    6. Jacks
    7. Taylor
    8. Wallace
    9. Peats
    10. James
    11. Proctor
    12. Hipgrave (really hoping we can get somebody else for this spot, and put Hipgrave back on the bench)
    13. Arrow

14. Rein/Roberts
    15. Boyd
    16. King
    17. Cartwright
    Last edited by Dobes; 08-11-18 at 08:16 PM.

I have to have Peach at 6 as we have so many outside back options.

there is heaps combos for the 2,3,4,5 spots, but the forward pack and fullback are almost totally locked in.

I personally want Sami, Kelly, Brenko in the side as they are young and the future, and need to focus on defence. Copley is unlucky but so injury prone. If Gordon isn't FB, i don't think he plays really, he is fit and clever but prefer bigger body in those spots.

I wont be surprised to see him named, but its his last year, what can he really give us that would be worth more than education and getting 25 game into Sami / Brenko / Kelly?

1. Brimson
    2. Don / Gordon / Copley
    3. Kelly
    4. Brenko
    5. Sami
    6. Peachey
    7. Taylor
    8. Wallace
    9. Peats
    10. James
    11. Proctor
    12. Carty
    13. Arrow

14. Rein
    15. Boyd
    16. MoFo
    17. King

Inactive User

^^^ if Cartwright stood up and really took the bull by the horn then what a game changer for our prospects that would be

In the backs, I really like Kelly and Sami (you know I love Copley but it is what it is) and I like Lee and Don but I think we will be undermined by Roberts return and Peachey will get a spot, Kelly will go to wing with Roberts at 6.

In the forwards I can't find a place for Cartwright and my solution to the left edge would be either Arrow or King.

Also I think Rein starts and Roberts gets 14 but my job's not on the line.