Page 35 of 160 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 85 135 ... LastLast

Parra letting Manu Ma'u talk to other clubs, he might be the 2nd rower we need. Hasn't been at his best form but plugs our gap, and brings some mongrel at what I would think is a reasonable price.

First Grader

Saw that and thought the same. Only thing is I read a lot of comments of him being a bit injury prone, he's 30 also. But if we got him relatively cheap he has a massive amount of mongrel in him which might hopefully rub off on a few of the other boys.

I saw it and like him too ... he's precisely what we need and the type Hipgrave could cover if busted and could also learn from.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Does anyone know who the titans have brang in to replace Knowles and co apart from Ferris?

Inactive User

^^^ I fear the answer

Brian Kelly back home and ready to fight for spot

Brian Kelly was forced to leave the Gold Coast Titans at the end of 2016 to make his NRL debut with Manly but he's not bitter about it. He's just glad to be back at Titans HQ and close to his extended family down the road at Ballina after securing a release from the final year of his Sea Eagles contract.

The 22-year-old played three seasons of under 20s for the Titans from 2014-2016 but the Gold Coast elected to give John Olive a crack at the NRL instead of Kelly. His management secured a release to join Manly where Kelly played 47 NRL games in two seasons.

Kelly said the opportunity to return to the Titans "popped up" after Konrad Hurrell's exit to the English Super League, and his move was seamless.

"I flew in (to the Gold Coast) Sunday afternoon so it happened fairly quick," Kelly said after training with the Titans on Tuesday.

"I met with Des (Manly coach Des Hasler) and I was honest with him. I said I've got family up home and little nephews and nieces that I'd love to catch up with more often... but I really enjoyed my experience down at Manly with Baz (Trent Barrett)."

Kelly said he was guaranteed of nothing at the Titans and pointed to the competition for centre positions that he would have with Dale Copley, Brenko Lee and fellow new recruit Tyrone Peachey.

A Titans supporter as a youth, Kelly is hoping he never has to leave again. He said being overlooked for Olive three seasons ago did not play on his mind.

"That is just competition, like it is here today," he said.

"That is how I got the opportunity to go to Manly. I took that and I feel like I have matured from that.
    "I used to go for the Titans growing up, watching Preston [Campbell] and Scotty Prince.

"With footy you never know where you are going to go, but realistically I'd love to finish off my career here.

"With the new recruits, the staff, the players coming up through the ranks and the players already here we can definitely give the top eight a crack."

Titans captain Ryan James said the club was fortunate to have Kelly back on board and predicted big things for the Country and Prime Minister's XIII representative.

"It was sad to see him go but I was proud to see him go on and make his NRL debut at Manly. I'm excited to have him back because he has gone on to become one of the better centres in the NRL I believe," James told NRL.com.

"It doesn't look like he is strong but he just seems to break tackles and find the way to the line as well. Being back home hopefully gets the best out of him."

With his parents and siblings in Ballina and the beach lifestyle to his liking, Kelly said he would slot back into Gold Coast life with ease after living at Dee Why for the past two years.

He is also looking forward to playing alongside Peachey who he forged a friendship with on the PM's XIII tour of PNG.

"I was roomies with him for a couple of days and we clicked pretty well so it was good to catch up with him again," Kelly said.

https://www.qrl.com.au/news/20182/11...ight-for-spot/

Unlike the Suns AFL its great the GO HOME factor applies to us Titans and bringing our Gold Coasters home.

Inactive User

^^^ the Suns were able to get Lachlan Weller to return home to the Coast a year ago and you’d be surprised how many locals especially from PBC that are on the Suns list.
    But yes the go home factor does work much better for the Titans than it does for the Suns.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    ^^^ the Suns were able to get Lachlan Weller to return home to the Coast a year ago and you’d be surprised how many locals especially from PBC that are on the Suns list.
    But yes the go home factor does work much better for the Titans than it does for the Suns.
    I think he meant that any decent player the Suns get goes home....to Melbourne. Unfortunately it looks like they are in for a very tragic year. The Titans will steal a lot of their media space if successful because I'm certain the Suns will not be.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I think he meant that any decent player the Suns get goes home....to Melbourne. Unfortunately it looks like they are in for a very tragic year. The Titans will steal a lot of their media space if successful because I'm certain the Suns will not be.
    The way some of these AFL players sook it back to Melbourne it makes me wonder if Victorians are softer than the rest of Australia, i think the VFL have massive issues with its free agency rules that plays nicely into the NRL’s hands. They wouldn’t cry mummy if the Suns were going well.
    I agree that the Suns are in for a really hard season.
    Rebuilds happen though and maybe they will this time get some young men that galvanise and make Gold Coasters proud.

The way some of these AFL players sook it back to Melbourne it makes me wonder if Victorians are softer than the rest of Australia,
    I don't think it's that mate. I think it is as simple as these guys want a chance of winning a comp or even playing finals footy. Growing up in Melbourne these blokes would see what a big occasion finals matches are down there and they get drafted here, no chance of finals and playing in front of no one.
    That is why it is also important that the Titans have a big year. Generally the big name players want to play at clubs who can win comps and it is probably why the Titans have had trouble attracting the really big names. I'm hoping though that this group of players will make people take notice that the club is on the up.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I don't think it's that mate. I think it is as simple as these guys want a chance of winning a comp or even playing finals footy. Growing up in Melbourne these blokes would see what a big occasion finals matches are down there and they get drafted here, no chance of finals and playing in front of no one.
    That is why it is also important that the Titans have a big year. Generally the big name players want to play at clubs who can win comps and it is probably why the Titans have had trouble attracting the really big names. I'm hoping though that this group of players will make people take notice that the club is on the up.
    If that’s it then they are softer than I thought. So they aren’t able to commit to a challenge and see it through so what they do is cry mummy and ask for a trade. That’s so soft.
    They now call that “doing a Durant”.
    Those little petals who have done that then I’m glad they no longer live up here.
    Maybe their new coach Dew can create a group of men now that the petals have gone.

What you outlined reminds me of Idris and Hayne.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 14-11-18 at 09:53 PM.

Inactive User

Alex Glenn rumours heating right up.
    I’d be in the minority here but nonetheless I’m declaring that I’m not keen.

Alex Glenn rumours heating right up.
    I’d be in the minority here but nonetheless I’m declaring that I’m not keen.
    neither.

if he is at an ok price id be happy for him to fill that left edge with experience, defence, good attitude until Bryce ****s or gets off the pot, or we sign someone better.

I don't want to see Glenn on a 3-4 year deal at a high price, hell no, but there is a price range that makes it suitable for us and fills one of our last known weak spots.