Page 151 of 160 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 2400
    Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    ^^ you took it personally when I was referring to two posts and In answer to you I pretty much would nowadays having followed us since 1988 fail by bringing these blokes from Sydney (and old blokes from Brisbane) here on big money.

Keys to success
    1-building passion with our local juniors
    2-salary cap being maintained by using our lifestyle and location to pay our players market value or unders
    3-success then breeding success

They are my core beliefs for us. I won’t be deviating.
    The only people other than yourself who commented on Reynolds were hanginon, ozynorts, indoallstars and myself. hanginon and ozy said no thanks, indo said 300-450k, and I said "heavily subsidised". You then chimed in with "is anyone making these comments aware we’d be picking up a salary of around $800-$900k?".

Like I said, please read before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post

Finally take a look at each big money out of town buy we’ve brought in since 1988
    I rest my case
    I certainly don't disagree about some of the big out of town flops we have signed. Turn that around though - how many decent locals have come through and they have had plenty of chances. As for losing blokes like Keary etc that is always going to happen.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    The only people other than yourself who commented on Reynolds were hanginon, ozynorts, indoallstars and myself. hanginon and ozy said no thanks, indo said 300-450k, and I said "heavily subsidised". You then chimed in with "is anyone making these comments aware we’d be picking up a salary of around $800-$900k?".

Like I said, please read before you post.
    Yeah I replied to you and one other who were in the affirmative. Feel free to move on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I certainly don't disagree about some of the big out of town flops we have signed. Turn that around though - how many decent locals have come through and they have had plenty of chances. As for losing blokes like Keary etc that is always going to happen.

We need to substantially though reduce the amount of Keary, Haas, Fifita etc that we lose which by the way seems to be something that we’ve addressed.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 11-10-19 at 02:07 PM.

First Grader

Reynolds will be 31 next year and from what I saw this year he is a shadow of his Bulldog days with injuries seeming to catch up with him. There is a reason he is in reserve grade is because he was not playing well enough and he would be another addition to our retirement home.

A big no from me

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Not going to bother quoting each of your recent posts but thank you for echoing all of my thoughts re signings hype and local juniors. It does feel a lot like the pre-Brennan era where people were hyping every single minuscule signing we made, and then the so called 'big name' signings we made like Bryce Cartwright, Tyrone Peachey and Lalani Latu. Not falling into that trap again.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 11-10-19 at 05:44 PM.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Not going to bother quoting each of your recent posts but thank you for echoing all of my thoughts re signings hype and local juniors. It does feel a lot like the pre-Brennan era where people were hyping every single minuscule signing we made, and then the so called 'big name' signings we made like Bryce Cartwright, Tyrone Peachey and Lalani Latu. Not falling into that trap again.
    I most certainly was one of those people and I was WRONG!!

QLD Cup

The benefit of bringing Reynolds here is that he is desperate to get his career back on track. The downside is he is coming off a major injury and is ageing. But if it means that we can rid Roberts off our books once and forever, then I'm all for having him here.

Cupid's Arrow: Partner would benefit from Sydney switch, says Jai
    By Christian Nicolussi
    October 11, 2019 — 4.07pm
    Suva: In-demand Titans forward Jai Arrow has admitted career opportunities for his partner in Sydney could convince him to make the move south.

Arrow was re-united with Taylah Cannon, a Miss World Australia contestant, in Fiji on Friday before playing for the Prime Minister's XIII on Friday evening.

The Herald revealed in August how Cannon's modelling agency, Vivien's Models, would encourage their client to make the move to the Harbour City. And Arrow confirmed that if he was to leave the Titans and link with a Sydney NRL club, Cannon's own modelling career would blossom.

"Sydney is an amazing modelling market and it’s where international models will base themselves in Australia ... Sydney would be great for Taylah,'' Vivien's Queensland manager Georgia Barclay said.

Arrow, who becomes free to negotiate with rival clubs at the end of the month, said he was none the wiser about his long-term future at the Titans, but that Cannon's career would be front and centre when it came to discussions over potential destinations.

"I've definitely spoken to Taylah about it and she's open to it and knows there are better opportunities for her down in Sydney,'' Arrow told the Herald.

Jai Arrow trains with the PM's XIII side in Suva on Thursday.
    Jai Arrow trains with the PM's XIII side in Suva on Thursday.
    Photo: NRL Photos
    "I have to take that into consideration. We're partners and we consider ourselves a team. We'll do what's best for us. I'll sit down with her and talk about it.

"She's a stunning girl, there would be a lot of modelling jobs for her. She was actually in India doing charity work and taking orphan kids out to breakfast. She's also an animal lover and had two stray dogs that kept jumping the fence and barking at the door because she kept feeding them. I'm proud of what she was doing over there.''

RELATED ARTICLE
    PM's XIII coach Mal Meninga runs the team through their paces in Fiji.
    NRL 2019
    Morrison a chance to join Meninga on sidelines during Fiji clash
    While plenty of NRL clubs would love to secure the tough forward, including the Wests Tigers and Cronulla, Arrow said he often wondered how on earth he secured Cannon, who was crowned Miss World Australia last year.

"A lot of people say I'm punching above my weight, and I don't disagree,'' Arrow said with a smile. "Sometimes I ask myself how I got her. She's a kind-hearted lady who wouldn't be with me if I was a crap bloke.''

The Titans have already tabled a four-year deal reportedly worth close to $3 million. Club management gave Arrow and his management permission to negotiate with rival clubs early so the negotiations did not become a distraction heading into next season.

In-coming coach Justin Holbrook has already spoken with the representative forward whose preference is to remain on the holiday strip.

"There's been no pressure to sign, and [Titans head of performance] Mal [Meninga] hasn't put any pressure on me,'' Arrow said.

"He wants me to do the right thing. I've come out and said my preference is to stay here. I also understand I have to do what's best for myself and my partner. I honestly think with the squad we have on paper is a strong team, but it just hasn't been working for us.

"I've spoken to Justin and he said he'll have coffee with me when he gets over here and wants to know what I like about the club and what things he think I can change. I'm sure he'll ask a few of the other players as well what he thinks.

https://twitter.com/mrchrisnico/stat...997991936?s=21
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Inactive User

This guy has played us beautifully. Goodness me.
    When he wets the bed and lets his mates down, his home town down and his club down and leaves what I will never forget is the words he spoke about loving the club and loving his home town and playing with our emotions and love for our team.

I’m appalled.

I so hope I get to eat my words and RVS well done. Your mail it seems was on the money and we gave you plenty about it.

What Jai should consider before he plays the Mrs Card to leave is that where you live past retirement is for a very long time. It would be great to be a local legend loved for what you did for your community for the rest of your days.

You can’t put a price on that.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 12-10-19 at 11:06 AM.

Nelson Asofa Solomona anyone? Could bring some aggression we lack.
    Psmitty

Money play at Wighton

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny86 View Post
    Money play at Wighton

Hes turning down 750k a season apparently....

Rep Player

Wighton will be a flash in the pan. Wouldn’t pay more than 600 for him and he’s already turned down 750 from his home team.

Spoiled brat. No way Wighton is worth more than $750k a season.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Spoiled brat. No way Wighton is worth more than $750k a season.
    Agree with this statement. I would think not more that $500K ...... given his assault conviction the Titans won't look at him.....
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady