Threaded View

the good thing is we have a bunch of guys, some with some defensive things to work on, but essentially a nunch of guys who can fill th spot and there will be strong competition for it.

I can't remember us EVER being that strong in the centres. We have killed many centres careers at the titans. let enjoy the jostling and trust that the end result will be worth it.

On the Matty Johns interview - i have said for a year or 2 that Ash needs to go to his farm for 2 weeks and just leech his brain. What 90% of the RL public just learnt from a 10 minute interview is frightening, and any half who HASNt been to the farm is thnat far behind already. imagine hownuch he would instill in Ash about leadership, game management, stress and anxiety and how to play smart.... incredible. If ash goes now... he can be the guy who is the keeper of that knowledge and pass it on to our young half's and coaches as they come through.

one final thought on this, and speaks to why we had more success in our earlier years - but Johns spoke of the spread after you've dented the line - and we did that so well, if you can dent the line on the 3rd defender in and get a decent play the ball, two long quick passes like Prince and Presto used to do just murders the opposition on the far side. Defense is still retreating and they may have made it onside, but they aren't able to shuffle laterally properly and man up on their player / in their channel and likely wont have any line speed, while you are hunting them at pace. We did it well with good skill execution and fitness. then we evolved and did exactly what Johns said not to do - we would dent a side, then 'settle' again with Myles / Harro taking one to the post negating any advantage and we just played mud ball for about 4 years after that. I could never work out why we changed like that. Was it the Bird influence of 'we need to be tough and prove we are tough and bash people and run over them forever'? i don't know but it was a huge shame.

On Leo, we all speak of his pace, bit his effort and will is comparable to AJ. He pushes for EVERYTHING and gets to balls, or tackles guys in goal he has no right to.

I hope he gets a crack in new year - he has been given one of the trial spots i think for top squad in pre season. im 99% sure that's what i was told.
    Last edited by DavidBouveng; 06-09-18 at 01:25 PM.