Page 102 of 160 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 112 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2400

Nice shot at Phil Gould there by Mal. Right between the eyes.

As for Arrow, no player should ever be given a 5 year contract. Didn't we learn that lesson?

Arrow set to snub rival clubs and stay at troubled Titans

Jai Arrow of the Titans
    Jai Arrow of the Titans
    In-demand Gold Coast lock Jai Arrow is set to tell up to eight NRL clubs he’s flattered but taken as the Titans remain the object of his heart’s desire.

Arrow is contracted to the Titans until the end of the 2020 season but will be free to negotiate with other clubs in November.

Live stream the 2019 NRL Telstra Premiership on KAYO SPORTS. Every game of every round live & anytime on your TV or favourite device. Get your 14 day free trial >

In a bid to prevent that, the Titans have already begun talks on a new deal with the Queensland State of Origin representative, reportedly preparing a mega $4-million, five-year offer.

All the fuss over his future has shocked Arrow, who remains steadfast his first and only desire is to commit to his hometown club.

“I’ve been out at cafes and gone to get the paper and turned it and I’m on the back page and don’t even know what for,” Arrow told AAP.

“I’ve had people ring me and tell me that I’m in the papers down in Sydney, which is unusual for a Queensland club or player to be tossed up down there.

MORE NRL NEWS

HAAS WARNING: Seibold’s message to rivals over 204m teen sensation

BACK TO BELMORE? Pay discusses Reynolds reunion

INSPIRATIONAL: Legend’s huge praise for league’s 111-year first

“There’s obviously a lot of speculation but I’ve come out openly and said I’m happy here at the Gold Coast. I want to do everything I can to stay here.

“I’ve literally only spoken to my manager once and that was about he was starting negotiations with the Gold Coast.”

As well as attempting to secure the 24-year-old to a long-term deal, the Titans are also on the hunt for a new coach following last weekend’s sacking of Garth Brennan.

While disappointed to see the man who brought him to the Titans leave, Arrow says he doesn’t have to know who Brennan’s replacement will be before committing to the club.

MORE NRL NEWS

RIDICULOUS: Pay vents fury at lopsided penalty count

BLUNDER: Officials’ huge confusion as Bulldog goes off for HIA

NUMBER ONE: Bronco moves to top of try-scoring charts

“To be honest, it doesn’t really faze me. I consider myself a hard worker and try to put myself in the best possible case where the coach is going to like me as a player and not only that but as a person as well,” Arrow said. “I want to stay here and lead this club in the right direction ... I want to stand up and be a leader and make this club successful.

“It’s my home town, I grew up here and I love it here.

https://twitter.com/foxnrl/status/11...045962752?s=21
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Inactive User

Stick that up your Kyber Pass Badel you flog!!!

Burr just made me eat my words regarding getting the dropped ball out of his game. nearly just cost the warriors a win in the final 12 seconds. Hahahaha

Immortal

Always confident about Jai Arrow

https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...wIf_bAEnPOCxAU

Take the poll, instant results. Interesting but expected.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...wIf_bAEnPOCxAU

Take the poll, instant results. Interesting but expected.
    I think you must be subscribed to participate, i can see the questions but cannot take part for some reason.

What are the results like?

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    I think you must be subscribed to participate, i can see the questions but cannot take part for some reason.

Most important player - Arrow
    Most underrated - Don (I disagree)
    Brightest future - Brimson
    Which position should we sign - centre, halfback and backrow were highest
    Who should be the captain - James 46%, Arrow 54%
    Most under pressure - Taylor
    Who should we re-sign - Jacks is leading but “none” isn’t far behind
    Is the club heading in the right direction - Yes 55%, No 45%

That’s off the top of my head from a couple of hours ago so may have changed

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post

I think you need to turn your ad blocker off. It's not subscriber only.

Fav player- Arrow way ahead
    Most important - Arrow way ahead
    Most important to re-sign Out of Lee, Jacks, Gordon, Stockwell, Matthews None is the winner after Jacks. Stockwell 3% Matthews 0%
    Most under pressure - Ash way ahead
    Underratted: Don 29% Sami 26% Gordon 15% Matthews 5% Other 26%
    Rate the season Very poor is the lowest you can go and leads with 80% no votes above average
    Biggest problem with performance: Too many to name leads with 40% followed by attitude
    Who should replace Garth A senior man way in front from No idea any more 83% to 15%
    Best halves combo Taylor Roberts at 40%
    Club heading in the right direction 55% yes
    Gold coast have a future in NRL 92% yes
    Biggest off field issue lack of leadership just pips poor culture 41% to 36%
    Which young gun has the biggest career potential AJ 68% I had Mo at 22%
    What position do we most need to recruit is all over the place Centre 22% Half 20% lock backrow 17% and prop and hooker on 12%
    Fulltime captain Jai arrow over James 47% to 33%
    There are other questions and obviously the percentages will change the more people that vote.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I think you need to turn your ad blocker off. It's not subscriber only.
    Initially I couldn't find a place to actually do the survey when that link opens up. However after the advert plays it then appeared, for me anyway. I had no luck on IE but it opened with Chrome.

It's a pretty useless survey - fancy the question about a new coach with those options. Why not list the options by name as it's clear who they are. The question who we should re sign - none of that lot!

Well contrary to what Jai has previously stated and I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I’m told Jai is gone…

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Well contrary to what Jai has previously stated and I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I’m told Jai is gone…
    Well finish your sentence RVS

don't know what else to say

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Told by whom? This game of whispers is childish. Us fans are in quite a fragile state at the moment so if you are making up rumours for attention then it’s quite a dick move.

Inactive User

In recent weeks you have made out you have inside knowledge and you have said

Brennan gone
    Mal to be interim coach
    Walters will be the next head coach
    Arrow gone

Now we have all opinions but you make out you get the gospel
    If you have inside info great
    But if you don’t then please stop

Because if you are right then you are saying Arrow is saying blatant lies to the media and is deliberately upsetting Titans fans which would make him look like a real scum bag
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 20-07-19 at 03:09 PM.