Page 36 of 160 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 86 136 ... LastLast

I don't think Alex Glenn is a significant needle mover in a vacuum, however, he's still a needle mover nonetheless when you consider the lack of talent on the edges on this squad. As it stands I believe our back-row candidates are Proctor and some combination of James, Hipgrave and Cartwright? none of which really solve any issues we have on the edge, in fact you can make the argument that they are all negatives in that position in some form.

Alex Glenn and Proctor would serve as at least a solid dependable duo in the 11 and 12.

I'm not sure how signing Glenn (ignoring the salary details) could be considered as a negative? He fills a VERY desperate need right now in the 17, Hes a 230 game NRL vet and international player, not necessarily an elite talent but with the seemingly lack of edge talent becoming available in the NRL he's certainly worth the pickup just for the immediate future.

To note, Its feels as though Glenn coming back to the Coast is something that has been destined to happen for 10 or so years, disappointing we couldn't get him back in his prime but hes still only 30 and checks the box of a 'local junior coming home' technically, as long as the deal isn't on a ridiculous salary its a solid signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Alex Glenn rumours heating right up.
    I’d be in the minority here but nonetheless I’m declaring that I’m not keen.
    Yeah I agree, I’ll pass too.

Just wondering if he and today’s news re Maguire is start of some sort of exodus from the Donkeys

Quote Originally Posted by rj62 View Post
    Yeah I agree, I’ll pass too.

Just wondering if he and today’s news re Maguire is start of some sort of exodus from the Donkeys
    Agree and I'll pass as well. Maybe the Donkeys have realised that the easiest way to make ground against them last year was straight up the middle and some blokes need to go. Their forwards defence was weak.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Agree and I'll pass as well. Maybe the Donkeys have realised that the easiest way to make ground against them last year was straight up the middle and some blokes need to go. Their forwards defence was weak.
    TPJ to Souffs in 12 months and there’s every chance Jimmy The Ingrate will no longer be an Ingrate and play for The Beautiful Little City that he loves to live in as well.

I'd take Glenn no doubt about it. As NZ said, we have no quality left backrower in the squad at the moment - Hipgrave is not a backrower and Cartwright is a huge IF (I do hope he comes good though). Glenn won't set the world on fire, but we don't need him to. We need a reliable guy who will do his job and defend well on that left side. Here's hoping it's true and then that is basically our squad completed.

Immortal

I would take Alex Glenn as we are short of second rowers and he is a consummate professional and of course a local junior.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    I would take Alex Glenn as we are short of second rowers and he is a consummate professional and of course a local junior.
    I pretty much always agree with you mdrew, but He’s pretty much the only Local Junior I don’t want to be seen in our colours.

Immortal

All good mate, I guess from my perspective I can see his influence would be greater off the field in terms of training, professionalism, injury management than on.

Also a class act from a perspective of working off the field with juniors and sponsors and yes his any players primary role in on the field from my perspective all combined he is a positive as the young blokes like Darius Farmer develop.

I pretty much always agree with you mdrew, but He’s pretty much the only Local Junior I don’t want to be seen in our colours.

First Grader

I was initially against Glenn signing although looking at our roster now we are 1 second rower short. As long as he makes some runs and stiffens up that left edge in defence Id be happy to have him at our club, maybe a 2 year contract with 3rd year heavily reduced?. Pretty much a complete roster when you add him to it. Also he runs a good line when attacking in the opponents 10m.

Inactive User

All good mate, I guess from my perspective I can see his influence would be greater off the field in terms of training, professionalism, injury management than on.

Also a class act from a perspective of working off the field with juniors and sponsors and yes his any players primary role in on the field from my perspective all combined he is a positive as the young blokes like Darius Farmer develop.
    We have different perspectives on Alex which is cool. It’s been a good discussion in a short period of time already this Reaction to the CM rumour.
    Great to see a bit of discussion again in here, been a bit quiet since Mal signed.

Love to know what sort of off season Ash Taylor has had? He’s 24 in March, no more excuses time for him to mature and shine.

Junior

Love to know what sort of off season Ash Taylor has had? He’s 24 in March, no more excuses time for him to mature and shine.
    If he doesn't shine, the club should entice Tanah Boyd to leave the Broncos nest.

Not getting orgasmic about Glen and the ‘Ponies will squeeze as much out of the negotiation that they can but I do believe our left edge needs shoring up ... so it’s a ‘yes’ from me. Welcome back Alex, you traitorous dog.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Apparently Seibold has told the Broncos that there are 3-4 players he wants moved on before he gets there. Looks like Maguire is one , I would suggest We will see the others gone as well ( I don’t know who ). I will guess though that if we see 4 players go pretty quickly it would mean the coach swap will happen sooner rather than later.

- - - Updated - - -

All Mdrews reasons are my reasons for getting Glen here. We need to keep the momentum that Meninga coming to us moving along and become infectious.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

I'm probably in the minority here....but I think Max King would make a very imposing 11 or 12. He plays lock very well, and I know a lot of people on here see him as a prop, which he also plays well...but a switch to the backrow would be quite smooth for a player of his class.

Looking at his stats for this year, in 12 appearances he made....

10 tackle breaks

320 post contact meters

7 offloads

292 tackles (efficiency rate of 93.2)

averages 80 running meters.

Considering his height, weight and age and heart...he could evolve into one of the games best backrowers in a short time. We would just need to find one more big body on the bench to come on at prop. My fingers are crossed that Latu can find the form and fitness he had at the panthers.

Rep Player

Alex Glenn rumours heating right up.
    I’d be in the minority here but nonetheless I’m declaring that I’m not keen.
    Interesting I figured with the donkeys shipping off Mcguire to the cowboys they will have their cap to resign their young forwards. I was hoping that meant we had turned down Glenn and Kahu. Would be a silly move on our part