Page 24 of 160 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 74 124 ... LastLast
    Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by rj62 View Post
    We were last year as well - why not wait until pre season starts at least before casting your shadow of doom?
    It’s a forum and it’s relevent to footy discussion. It’s like you are blaming me for it. I’m just stating what our odds are for the spoon.
    The aim is to have people either agree or disagree with what the bookies say not to have you being personal towards me for shedding basic information.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 27-10-18 at 07:09 PM.

I can't understand why the Bulldogs aren't odds on favourites for the spoon after only just narrowly avoiding it this year and also not really improving their roster. We won't be top 4 or suddenly become a powerhouse but I think we have significantly strengthened both our roster and depth. Think (and hope) we will surprise a few next year.

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    I can't understand why the Bulldogs aren't odds on favourites for the spoon after only just narrowly avoiding it this year and also not really improving their roster. We won't be top 4 or suddenly become a powerhouse but I think we have significantly strengthened both our roster and depth. Think (and hope) we will surprise a few next year.
    Hasler is going to have to rip a few more dressing room doors off to stop the eagles from getting it as well. We are an easy target.

Inactive User

I’m a bit surprised too as we have improved our roster with some signings and we can be confident that we have a number of young players that should improve too

Greenwood and the mouth Sarginson deservingly didn't make the final cut for the Pommies ... what a pair of ring pieces.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I just can't see us coming last next year. With the amount of experience our young blokes picked up this year and with the signings we've made......it could be a good time to put some money on us to make the 8!

Sarginson....meh! I didn't mind Greenwood. A bit butter fingered at times,but I thought he went ok. We missed the 2 P's that went to the warriors this year.......but I love our current crop! They'll continue to improve next year.

no chance we come last

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    no chance we come last
    I dont know about that, I think it might come down to the coaching crew. I have a feeling they are the weakest part of the Titans package next season
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    I dont know about that, I think it might come down to the coaching crew. I have a feeling they are the weakest part of the Titans package next season
    I am with DB I think we are very unlikely to come last and believe we will be somewhere between 7-10 ranking.

The majority of the squad has now spent time playing together and working on cohesion (minimal off season movement), we where the youngest roster last year with a lot of unknown starting players and many have had great momentum this season (Jai Arrow, AJ Brimson, Dale Copley), I think Teke makes a fair call with our coaching we are still in Russian roulette territory, but I also think our latest additions will strengthen the existing squad and giving Garth another year to untap the players.

Dogs have made some asstute cheap signing however have a maxed salary cap and now news Klemmer wants out will disturb them.

Parra has a decent squad but everyone saw how they ended up this season, and haven't had much transfer change in the off season.

West's played well under Ivan but who knows is they will get the same response with their new coach, the same can be said for Manly with all their off field drama.

I just don't see us coming last, but I like the underdog tag, we definitely play better with it then without it.

First Grader

If we stay injury free we should go alright, oh and learn how to defend...

I have been too hopeful over the past few seasons and thought we could scrape in to the 8 so this time I'll be more realistic. I went to some finals games and the GF and when you attend these games you just see how far off the pace we are.

To have a decent 2019 it is obvious Taylor needs a major uplift in form. He just seemed to be cruising and his backside matched the size of his new contract. He didn't control games (lack of intensity) and needs to get fit. I wouldn't be surprised to see him dropped through the year if he doesn't lift his game.

Our centres are still a mess. We should at least cut the error rate down now that Hurrell has gone but we are way short in that position. I wonder about Chambers attributes as a human but he has the mongrel we need.

Teke mentioned the coaching being a possible weakness and I hope this year the idea of having Peats and Rein in the same 17 is ditched. I couldn't get my head around why they were both there and why they were often both on the field together. Can't afford two small forwards on the field at the same time. Brennan is obviously accountable for the players he wants and plenty has been said about Carty and Latu, two of the biggest signing flops ever.

As for the forwards I think our bench is weak and nothing seems to have changed there. The young blokes that people on here go on about didn't seem to improve much in my eyes as the season progressed. Hipgrave, Stockwell, Matthews, Boyle, not up to NRL level on a consistent basis.

While his place in the side is not questioned, I would like a more inspiring captain than James. He just doesn't do it for me as a captain and for reasons I can't really put my finger on. I think he would be a much better player without the captains responsibilities. I know he is favourite with a few on here so I'll await the rockets. It's been too quiet on here anyway so do your best guys. As for who I think should be captain, stuffed if I know. I would have said Peats but I don't think he is even our best hooker at the moment. Gordon perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    If we stay injury free we should go alright, oh and learn how to defend...
    with Knowles gone and Ferris at the helm I cant see us staying injury free, my assumption is the titans will use the most amount of players in NRL.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I have been too hopeful over the past few seasons and thought we could scrape in to the 8 so this time I'll be more realistic. I went to some finals games and the GF and when you attend these games you just see how far off the pace we are.

To have a decent 2019 it is obvious Taylor needs a major uplift in form. He just seemed to be cruising and his backside matched the size of his new contract. He didn't control games (lack of intensity) and needs to get fit. I wouldn't be surprised to see him dropped through the year if he doesn't lift his game.

Our centres are still a mess. We should at least cut the error rate down now that Hurrell has gone but we are way short in that position. I wonder about Chambers attributes as a human but he has the mongrel we need.

Teke mentioned the coaching being a possible weakness and I hope this year the idea of having Peats and Rein in the same 17 is ditched. I couldn't get my head around why they were both there and why they were often both on the field together. Can't afford two small forwards on the field at the same time. Brennan is obviously accountable for the players he wants and plenty has been said about Carty and Latu, two of the biggest signing flops ever.

As for the forwards I think our bench is weak and nothing seems to have changed there. The young blokes that people on here go on about didn't seem to improve much in my eyes as the season progressed. Hipgrave, Stockwell, Matthews, Boyle, not up to NRL level on a consistent basis.

While his place in the side is not questioned, I would like a more inspiring captain than James. He just doesn't do it for me as a captain and for reasons I can't really put my finger on. I think he would be a much better player without the captains responsibilities. I know he is favourite with a few on here so I'll await the rockets. It's been too quiet on here anyway so do your best guys. As for who I think should be captain, stuffed if I know. I would have said Peats but I don't think he is even our best hooker at the moment. Gordon perhaps?
    Bravo MT Bravo. I’ll just leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post

Good post MT - lots to think about.

I agree about centres and Taylor 100%.

I don't like Peat's and Rein on together really either, but i do like them in the 17 together. Rein adds a lot when he comes on.
    My preference is...Both in 17 but not on field together, next best option is probably Rein alone in 17.......then along way back is the option of both of them on the field together. some one who knows more about modern football than i do could convince me on the thinking, but i cant see any great reasons.

I think none of those guys listed as bench players are very good - With Boyle the only one i think 'could' make it. Stockwell is like a 20th man option when you low on stocks and he will plod along. not a regular NRL player but you need those players in the squad sometimes to full gaps i think.

Our bench should be Boyd, MOFO, rein and...maybe king? thats decent for me

Hoping the two hookers were only on at the same time as we were nursing Arrow through the back end of the season with his injuries.

If Copley stays healthy and if Peachey is in the centres and not going to tank to get a release then that is an improvement.

With the signings of Riley and T Roberts, if Taylor turns up under done and over weight then it rest firmly on the shoulders of our coach to make the best decisions for the team. If that means dropping him then so be it.

I'm seeing continuing improvements in the team so I'm hoping the games we lost by a couple of points or let other teams run us down in the later stages (Penrith) are games we can convert to wins this year. If we can do that then we won't be worried about a spoon. I'm not expecting finals contenders until we become a richer club.