Page 23 of 160 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 73 123 ... LastLast
    Inactive User

We were equal favourites for the Wooden Spoon with Manly but we are now the stand alone wooden spoon favourites.

Shaun Johnson being told to look elsewhere for the 2020 season I believe. Worth looking at you lot reckon?

Depends on how ash Taylor progresses.

Im liking the head to head for positions.. depth looks much better

Gordon Vs Brimson
    Peachey Vs Jacks Vs Brimson
    Peats Vs Rein
    Rein Vs Roberts

How good would Brimson, Johnson, Taylor and Peats be
    Bring back Kevin Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    Shaun Johnson being told to look elsewhere for the 2020 season I believe. Worth looking at you lot reckon?
    I'd rather have a halfback that can control a game. We have one somewhere. He's buried beneath the overweight body of our petulant No.7.

Inactive User

I’d only sign Johnson as a running number 6 on the back of Taylor in 2019 having a break out year in his on field leadership and control of the game. Otherwise I wouldn’t bother and would continue to look to develop players.

Johnson has one great game in every three or four. Not worth the cost. Couldn't afford him anyway if we continue to pay the existing 7 the wage he is on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Randomologist View Post
    How good would Brimson, Johnson, Taylor and Peats be
    Possibly not that good. Johnson is too hot and cold, Taylor has gone backwards and Peats has gone from an Origin hooker to the second best hooker at the club.

Not to mention he rarely lasts a full season. He could possibly be a big NZ fan draw card but they never work out (Hayne and Hurrell).

QLD Cup

I feel that's particularly rough on Hurrell. Sure he had problems with handling and defence last year but we was a big part of us rebuilding and making a run at the 8 before Hayne arrived. We had bigger problems than Koni last year and he was pretty good towards the back end of it when he came back.

Bods you have hit the nail on the head there. Johnson has never been an organising 7. I've never been able to understand why the Warriors and Kiwis have always tried to play him in that role. He would be a perfect match for Ash imo, but I doubt he would come here. If he leaves the Warriors it will be for one of the high profile clubs that can get the best out of him

I think we already have a perfect foil for Ash in peachy, problem is ash has struggled with organising the team around similar to Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    We were equal favourites for the Wooden Spoon with Manly but we are now the stand alone wooden spoon favourites.
    We were last year as well - why not wait until pre season starts at least before casting your shadow of doom?

NZfan I haven't been a fan of Hurrell this season as he cost us more games than he won. Off the field, what a great and kind human being, but that's not what I'm basing my comments on. I'll just stand by the club by saying if he was successful he would still be here next year.

Quote Originally Posted by rj62 View Post
    We were last year as well - why not wait until pre season starts at least before casting your shadow of doom?
    I think it's sportingbet casting the shadow of doom.

We are the wooden spoon favourites every year, even the year we made the finals. It just makes it sweeter when prove “the experts” wrong. Just another year as a titans supporter.