Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
Remember when there were articles about Pat Politini being compared to Cam Smith.........

Hope we can get a player in here that we improve rather than send to their demise.

Fogerty isn't contracted to us is he?
All from memory, but Jamal is a Beaudesert junior who came through the Titans 20’s. Wasn’t picked up by the NRL squad and went to Burleigh. Had some success, led them to the 2016 premiership. Signed with Parramatta. Went down but was down the pecking order in the rabble of halves they had at the time, and then Mitchell Moses was signed so he asked for a release and came back to Burleigh.
I think it was 2017, and we were having dramas with our halves and he got promoted to the Titans squad from Burleigh, and eventually Played a game, all be it off the bench from memory. As far as I know it was a contract for that season only, and we have since upgraded AJ and recruited Roberts, and Jacks.
There is nothing wrong with him. He is a very good footballer. I just think he came through with a lot less fanfare than Ash and Kane etc and never had the hype.
If you watch him at Burleigh, he is very good at controlling a game, dictating the pace and places his kicks well.
He would probably do really well at the Titans, cos Burleigh also seem to have a revolving door in their halves positions (the number of injuries to the halves over the last two years has been horrific!) but I guess that also shows just how dominant and controlling he can be.