Page 31 of 160 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 81 131 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Detwelve12 View Post
    Just throwing this one out there, LEO, LEE, JACKS, TAYLOR, PEACHEY, ARTHARS. More likely that GORDON will be in for LEO though.
    It’s not the 1st the April is it, no room for Brimson Sami

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    It’s not the 1st the April is it, no room for Brimson Sami
    My thoughts exactly. Im surprised how many people are leaving Sami out of their backline, one of the first picked IMO.

AJ is definitely the fullback..lol

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Re-engage19 View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Im surprised how many people are leaving Sami out of their backline, one of the first picked IMO.
    I think I’d like Sami to play QCup in the Centres for education and force his way into our first grade team as a Centre

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Detwelve12 View Post
    AJ is definitely the fullback..lol

Finally!!! I remember being howled down over and over last season about wanting AJ as our custodian

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I think I’d like Sami to play QCup in the Centres for education and force his way into our first grade team as a Centre

- - - Updated - - -

Finally!!! I remember being howled down over and over last season about wanting AJ as our custodian
    I like that idea mate, possibly the only reason why Sami isnt in the starting side. Something like that would require Sami to have the right attitude, seems like he could handle it. I really think he will be our long term centre moving forward.

Wonder if the club are going to inform the supporters of who are our strength and conditioning team this year? Ferris is their but not sure of who else is in that department would be good to find out their experience and background

Brian KELLY is coming back.

Hasler makes first player move at Manly

Des Hasler has made his first move in the player market since returning to Manly a fortnight ago by nutting out the details of a release for centre Brian Kelly to join the Gold Coast for 2019.

NRL.com understands that Kelly, who was off contract at the end of 2020, had agreed to - but not signed - a one-year extension with Manly.

As a result of having not signed, he became eligible to talk to other clubs from November 1 and the Gold Coast came calling.

The 22-year-old, who was born in the northern NSW town of Lismore, played under 20s with the Titans before signing with Manly and making his NRL debut in 2017.

He won the Sea Eagles' rookie of the year award that same season and was on the verge of reaching his 50-game milestone with the club.

It's understood Kelly's future became entangled in the turmoil around who would coach Manly in 2019. It was then that Kelly asked for a release from the Sea Eagles to join the Titans as soon as possible.

Sources at Manly say Hasler agreed on Monday to let Kelly return north. The financial terms of Kelly's release is the only outstanding issue with the Titans but he won't be at Brookvale next year.

The youngster had the third-highest number of tackle breaks at the Sea Eagles in 2018, behind rep stars Tom Trbojevic and Martin Taupau.

He has played 47 NRL games and scored 15 tries, including seven in his 24 matches this year.

First Grader

I wonder what the financial terns of Kelly's release are...

Happy with the news about Kelly.

On paper, a backline of-

Brimson
    Don / Gordon
    Peachey
    Kelly
    Sami
    Jacks
    Taylor

certainly looks to offer a lot more in attack. Hopefully early ball to Peachey and Kelly gives them plenty of opportunities.

Holy **** getting BK is great to wake up to, still early in his career, from the area, big body and has some speed to move.

I like the idea of having wingers who are safe and consistent around your more wild type players, so would prefer Don and Gordon on outside of each of Kelly and Peachey.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Garth considers playing Peachey at 5/8 now we have another centre, that could work too.

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Holy **** getting BK is great to wake up to, still early in his career, from the area, big body and has some speed to move.

I like the idea of having wingers who are safe and consistent around your more wild type players, so would prefer Don and Gordon on outside of each of Kelly and Peachey.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Garth considers playing Peachey at 5/8 now we have another centre, that could work too.

Yep, also an option. I like what Jacks might bring. Has poise and a strong kicking game and might take some pressure off Taylor.

Either way it is good to have options.

I think we've got enough strike out wide now to really worry opposition teams, it's all up to Garth now to show us he can coach and improve our defence, should be copying the roosters and and put defence over attack, we've got enough talent to score enough tries to win any game, we just can't defend like a top 8 team

I’m not convinced that Peachey would be a good choice for 5/8 yet. He presents more danger in that centre role where he wanders around and injects himself , usually to great effect. Does he have a kicking game ? I prefer Jacks there to be honest.

Kelly signing is bloody great!

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    I think we've got enough strike out wide now to really worry opposition teams, it's all up to Garth now to show us he can coach and improve our defence, should be copying the roosters and and put defence over attack, we've got enough talent to score enough tries to win any game, we just can't defend like a top 8 team
    I was just thinking the same thing re strike out wide - if we can lift our defence things are looking good.