Page 21 of 160 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 71 121 ... LastLast
    QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Greenwood and Sarginson fair put it into Brennan off the back of a couple of cheap shots from Meyne/Badel ... the honeymoon is over.
    Could someone post the website to view subscription articles again. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    Could someone post the website to view subscription articles again. Thanks.

https://outline.com

So I watched the Pommie GF again and saw that four ex-Titans were ineffectual: Greenwood and Sarginson now have rings but did nothing while Bodene Thompson tried hard but offered little and Tyrone Roberts was error ridden and ineffectual.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

QLD Cup

Dobbo reporting possibly Glenn on big deal but Titans need to get rid of Latu and Cartright.

First Grader

Christ. Cartwright on 500k and Lati on 450k.

No way is Glenn worth 950k and would be worth half that.

No wonder we lack depth and have to use plods like Matthews when we continue to pay overs for players such as Latu Cartwright and Wallace
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 23-10-18 at 01:55 AM.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Christ. Cartwright on 500k and Lati on 450k.

No way is Glenn worth 950k and would be worth half that.

No wonder we lack depth and have to use plods like Matthews when we continue to pay overs for players such as Latu Cartwright and Wallace
    Dont get your knickers in a knot! It could be Carty OR Latu.
    Besides if we are so short in the cap where would a good centre come from?

Glenn always said that he would take less money to stay in QLD for all of his Broncos contracts. He's a $450K player for them. Why should we pay overs now?

First Grader

TB. Just responding to your original thread where you said “and” not”or”
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 23-10-18 at 09:34 AM.

Bear in mind this is Dobbo. He’s hardly Sherlock Holmes. Last week he had us signing Kahu. I reckon he might have got a whisper that the Titans were in discussion with a Broncos NZ rep utility, and he figured Kahu to replace Koni, instead of Alex Glenn.

For all we know Dobbo may be right, but if he is it will be the first time.

As much as I want Glenn, I would think any deal hinges on broncos re-signing Pangai Jnr, before they would consider releasing Glenn. That likely won’t happen until after 1st November when he can get a new agent.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Glenn always said that he would take less money to stay in QLD for all of his Broncos contracts. He's a $450K player for them. Why should we pay overs now?
    The trick will be what third party deals we could arrange for him. He might be on 450k...but his third party deals would most likely be fairly lucrative.

On another note....interesting to read that the bronco's players say they'll take a pay cut to keep Oates.

"On another note....interesting to read that the bronco's players say they'll take a pay cut to keep Oates."

I thought this was a breach of the salary cap rules but as its the broncos they probably have an exemption

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    TB. Just responding to your original thread where you said “and” not”or”
    No problem. Just reflecting that Dobbo could mean anything. All speculation and I am sure he wouldnt know what our cap situation is. After all it takes the NRL a long time to work out a clubs situation whenever there is an investigation.

Inactive User

We shouldn’t pay through the nose for local juniors at the end of their careers. Also I cannot possibly see a club taking Cartwright or Latu off us. Make Glenn a competitive offer and see if he wants to transition into retirement as a Gold Coaster but don’t go overboard.

I know I’m crazy, but I’m actually hanging onto the dream that Cartwright may find some form.

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    "On another note....interesting to read that the bronco's players say they'll take a pay cut to keep Oates."

I thought this was a breach of the salary cap rules but as its the broncos they probably have an exemption
    Yeah it is a breach mate and the NRL stepped in and said as much so the idea got knocked on the head.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady