Page 119 of 160 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 129 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 2400

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    Quit it with the AJ in the halves chatter. He is quite useless playing there. We had years of playing our best fullback out of position on the wing. Let's not do that again.
    In fairness no one has played well there for a couple of years but he is just as much an option as Peachey is at playing there or at FB.

Inactive User

AJ FB
    Peachey 5/8
    Roberts 1/2

Boyd/Sexton Development/depth could work while Holbrook sorts out the salary cap. Peachey to me definitely does his best work in the middle and we have a halves development Coach now too.

If Holbrook flogs this group and gets spirit in the joint things could turn quicker than we all think.

Rep Player

AJ FB
    Peachey 5/8
    Sezer 7

I'd be happy with that for next year. Was bummed when we lost Sezer. Would solve the goalkicking problem too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Good Point.... One bloke we haven't spoken about is LG.... Manly are shopping him around.... Get him back for depth or under Holbrook could be different for him ??
    Even with his defensive flaws, I'd still have LG back. Just unfortunately there doesn't appear to be enough in the kitty to shop for depth. LG would have to fire otherwise it could be a backwards step. Itvd be great to see names like LG, RJ and JA in our 17 every week and firing.

If LG couldn't fire under Des then he never will. And as for the Sezer talk, please, God no. He is just not that good.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 16-08-19 at 02:53 PM.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    If LG couldn't fire under Des then he never will. And as for the Sezer talk, please, God no. He is just not that good.
    But neither are we right now. Who else would you suggest?

Here's a list of the halves off contract in 2020:

Chanel Harris-Tevita, Jake Clifford, Kane Elgey, Kieran Foran, Blake Green, Adam Keighran, Lachlan Lam, Jeremy Marshall-King, Tyrone May, Nathaniel Roache, Jaeman Salmon, Will Smith, Tommy Talau, Chad Townsend, Cody Walker, Connor Watson, Jack Cogger, Dylan Edwards, Cooper Johns, Lachlan Lewis, Mason Lino, Luke Metcalf, Aidan Sezer, Braydon Trindall and Brandon Wakeham.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Yes to all that mate, I agree 100%.
    Elgey has been unable to cement a first grade position with 2 different coaches here and now in Manly. Unfortunately I think he is another of those that had a ton of talent and potential but wasn't able to turn it into a career. Sad but not every kid has what it takes.
    As for Sezer, in Supercoach speak, sideways move. He really isn't enough of an upgrade over what we have to waste our time and money. If he approached the club and was willing to play for reduced money them maybe as he is now a senior player and might be able to help the younger kids but I'm not convinced.
    We should have gone after Maloney but that isn't an option now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    Here's a list of the halves off contract in 2020:

Chanel Harris-Tevita, Jake Clifford, Kane Elgey, Kieran Foran, Blake Green, Adam Keighran, Lachlan Lam, Jeremy Marshall-King, Tyrone May, Nathaniel Roache, Jaeman Salmon, Will Smith, Tommy Talau, Chad Townsend, Cody Walker, Connor Watson, Jack Cogger, Dylan Edwards, Cooper Johns, Lachlan Lewis, Mason Lino, Luke Metcalf, Aidan Sezer, Braydon Trindall and Brandon Wakeham.
    Of that list the standout is Blake Green. Absolutely the right player for us. Good solid organiser and senior voice.
    The next would be Chad Townsend at a stretch for similar reasons to Green.

Rep Player

Who’s our goal kicker if we get Green? I actually wouldn’t mind Townsend if he’s available.

Confirmed through the Titans that Peachey is staying. Also by Mal that there is no way we will be subsidising Taylor's pay packet to play elsewhere.

Inactive User

Confirmed through the Titans that Peachey is staying. Also by Mal that there is no way we will be subsidising Taylor's pay packet to play elsewhere.
    Excellent. If Taylor wants to leave then he can ask for a 100% release from his contract. Good.

I call this cutting your nose to spite your face. Terrible decision that allows for an disinterested, moral sucking leach remain.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I call this cutting your nose to spite your face. Terrible decision that allows for an disinterested, moral sucking leach remain.
    I agree JB and it's just BS talk from Mal. If you are paying a bloke a million and someone wants to take him and pay half his wage we are much better off. When was the last time a club held a bloke that wanted out. Happens but not often. Mal is just likely to end up looking like a goose for saying that.

Rep Player

I like how they tried to frame it like a positive announcement. Of course Peachy isnt going anywhere what self respecting NRL club would take him. Has been disinterested since the day he got here. Tried to squeeze us for additional funds before he even came here, tried desperately to get out mid season and could give 2 ****s about our team or wearing the jersey. This self entitled prick can sit in QCUP for all I care as he certainly isnt an example of playing for his spot. Dont piss in my pocket peachy and tell me you actually want to be here, show it on the field and earn your place in the team *rant over*

ALSO forgot to mention and again grain of salt stuff but Arrow was mic'd up pre-eels game. The comentators asked him about Mo and Arrow said I hope he will be around with "us" for the next few years. Again semantics, probably means nothing but he spoke like he would be apart of the club for the next few years
    Last edited by 5 Year Contract; 19-08-19 at 06:54 PM.

Inactive User

We have a policy which when I first heard it that we are a non subsidy club I thought you beauty. When you have a policy you stick to it.
    Now Taylor can buy in to his new Coach who was a half himself and we see if Holbrook has the magic dust OR if Taylor for real doesn’t like us then he asks for a full release and not one friggin cent of my hard earned $$$ that I put in the club or the sponsors and owners put into our beloved club goes to Mr A Taylor.