Page 95 of 160 FirstFirst ... 45 85 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 105 145 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 2400

I'm personally gutted over this. I think he has a tonne of potential and to let him go annoys me. Same thing happened with Kelly. At least he came back. We seem to be making really poor decisions in recruitment.....again.

Inactive User

After one of our disgraceful losses a few weeks back the Coach used Arthur’s for a bit of deflection talking about its stories like his that matter. A few weeks later he’s gone. Yep good on ya Garth.
    I’m not letting Arthur’s off the hook though. We took him in when home sick through personal circumstances and then he’s straight out the door. That’s poor in my books.

Hanginon thanks for bringing up that point mate. It definitely makes sense and it seems like a Darius/Wayne sort of situation where Arthars obviously loves playing under Seibold. Disappointing to lose him and wish we could have kept him but I’m glad we didn’t do the usual titans thing and pay overs for a player that doesn’t really deserve it yet.

But now I’m definitely worried that we are stuck with Kelly (hell yes) and Watkins (who is apparently injury prone and already injured according to JB). Centre is not a crucial position compared to most others but I definitely feel we are lacking one for that right edge if Watkins fails.

Inactive User

Watkins at the very least is going to do the job in defence. I still want him to be a 2nd rower though. But at this club I rarely get what I want.
    If Arthurs (a local junior) was just going to use us for a one year transit on his way to the Drongoes then did we do our due diligence in recruiting this guy.
    It now turns out he has wasted our time. We offered him 3 years too, I am very dirty on the guy. What a user.

I’m going to share something from training yesterday-I wasn’t happy with Taylor/Peachey in their efforts and especially not happy that the players/coaches were not calling them out for it BUT I noticed they were getting stuck right into Arthurs even though I thought he was doing fine, sort of felt like he was being treated a bit unfairly...........it all makes sense now.

First Grader

To be fair mate he moved here because his mum passed away and he wanted to be with his younger brothers, I think he deserves some slack for that. The club was fully aware when they signed him

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    To be fair mate he moved here because his mum passed away and he wanted to be with his younger brothers, I think he deserves some slack for that. The club was fully aware when they signed him
    Not following your idea of fairness. Wanted a compassionate move for the reasons stated by you, was accommodated by us (not the Drongoes), given his first grade opportunity, offered a 3 year contract by us his local club and what’s his response......Yeah Na, I’m going to the Drongoes.

I think he needs to learn about being fair.

Another reason why Garth needs to go, if talented young kids see that they will develop better under other coaches

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    Another reason why Garth needs to go, if talented young kids see that they will develop better under other coaches
    Correct, and it's not just the young kids think they'll develop under other coaches, but surely the older ones must think that as well. I've seen plenty of decent players go backwards under Brennan.
    As for old mate wanting to be coached by Seibold. Good luck with that as he is already under the pump up the road.

I think aj and Mo are honestly the only players who haven't gone backwards under Brennan, bit in saying that, both of them would be superstars if they were coached by someone decent

The phrase “ We can’t keep them all “ or “ Broncos have too much money “ are wearing thin at the moment. I know we have sunk a huge sum of money at junior development etc. However we have seen Boyle , King go to other clubs. X Coats and now Arthur’s head up the highway. Garth talks development club so why did we give a start to a Arthur’s this year if he was going to sign with the Broncos? Surely Spry should have been a look in ? I feel we were played by Arthur’s and should have spent the money on others that are up and comers.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

I never quite really cared for Arthars anyway, and he might technically be a local, but been to 4 clubs already at his age so don't think local / club loyalty really comes into it for him.

He should be removed from this weeks team, or at worst case not named again this year and play Spry, Watkins and anyone we got really to see whats up.

Did anyone see how Tanah Boyd played in the U20s origin? I missed it
    Bring back Kevin Gordon

Immortal

Did well spent time at hooker and provided variety and kicking

Quote Originally Posted by Randomologist View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Randomologist View Post
    One thing you notice with Boyd is his leadership and game management, even though the maroons under20s we’re getting pumped Tannah was barking orders and trying to lift the side, he isn’t frightened to take the line on and has a very good kicking game from what I seen also

Inactive User

Didn’t Spry play too? If so any comments on his game?