I don't think Alex Glenn is a significant needle mover in a vacuum, however, he's still a needle mover nonetheless when you consider the lack of talent on the edges on this squad. As it stands I believe our back-row candidates are Proctor and some combination of James, Hipgrave and Cartwright? none of which really solve any issues we have on the edge, in fact you can make the argument that they are all negatives in that position in some form.

Alex Glenn and Proctor would serve as at least a solid dependable duo in the 11 and 12.

I'm not sure how signing Glenn (ignoring the salary details) could be considered as a negative? He fills a VERY desperate need right now in the 17, Hes a 230 game NRL vet and international player, not necessarily an elite talent but with the seemingly lack of edge talent becoming available in the NRL he's certainly worth the pickup just for the immediate future.

To note, Its feels as though Glenn coming back to the Coast is something that has been destined to happen for 10 or so years, disappointing we couldn't get him back in his prime but hes still only 30 and checks the box of a 'local junior coming home' technically, as long as the deal isn't on a ridiculous salary its a solid signing.