Page 1 of 160 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Default 2019 Squad, Signings and Rumours Thread

2019 Squad, Signings and Rumours Thread
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Based on our current signings, I’d probably go with this lineup in 2019:

1. AJ Brimson
    2. Anthony Don
    3. Tyrone Peachey
    4. Phillip Sami/Brenko Lee
    5. Michael Gordon/Phillip Sami
    6. Tyrone Roberts
    7. Ash Taylor
    8. Jarrod Wallace
    9. Nathan Peats
    10. Ryan James
    11. Kevin Proctor
    12. Keegan Hipgrave
    13. Jai Arrow

14. Mitch Rein
    15. Shannon Boyd
    16. Moeaki Fotuaika
    17. Bryce Cartwright

Brimson has been great at fullback so it makes sense to keep him there and shift Gordon to a wing. I don’t think it’s the best of ideas to have two utilities on the bench, and I also don’t think Mitch Rein should lose his spot there because he’s been very good coming off the bench. It makes the most sense to start Roberts in at 5/8. I think with a full pre-season too, Bryce should be good to go. I’d much rather see him in the side anyway than Will Matthews. If we can nail consistency and get used to performing for 80 minutes, we should be a really troubling side.

QLD Cup

Going to be interesting to see what comes of the off season regarding signings. For me, we are still in need of a decent 6. I don't think that we will be threatening to many teams with Roberts playing there. AJ is well and truely the first picked fullback now so we need to fill that gap. Hopefully we can get Ryley Jacks over the line but if not I'd be contacting the Cowboys about the availability to TMM or Hampton. They will have Barba, Morgan and their young gun as the starting spine so they won't need two utilities/cover playmakers.

Does anyone on here know whether we have signed Max King for next year? I'd have him as the back up prop for 2019, which leaves Boyle, Stockwell and Latu all either surplus to requirements or extra depth. Hopefully we can offload at least one of them to free up some cap space for a decent halve or another outside back (preferably Latu to the super league or something).

Our squad does seem pretty finalised for next season though and is looking in a lot better shape than it did a year ago. It would be nice to see Troy Leo rewarded for his form in QCup and given a contract to put pressure on Don. If Peachey doesn't end up coming then it may throw a bit of a spanner in the works as without him our centre options are pretty limited.

Immortal

Yes Max King is signed for next year

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    Going to be interesting to see what comes of the off season regarding signings. For me, we are still in need of a decent 6. I don't think that we will be threatening to many teams with Roberts playing there. AJ is well and truely the first picked fullback now so we need to fill that gap. Hopefully we can get Ryley Jacks over the line but if not I'd be contacting the Cowboys about the availability to TMM or Hampton. They will have Barba, Morgan and their young gun as the starting spine so they won't need two utilities/cover playmakers.

Does anyone on here know whether we have signed Max King for next year? I'd have him as the back up prop for 2019, which leaves Boyle, Stockwell and Latu all either surplus to requirements or extra depth. Hopefully we can offload at least one of them to free up some cap space for a decent halve or another outside back (preferably Latu to the super league or something).

Our squad does seem pretty finalised for next season though and is looking in a lot better shape than it did a year ago. It would be nice to see Troy Leo rewarded for his form in QCup and given a contract to put pressure on Don. If Peachey doesn't end up coming then it may throw a bit of a spanner in the works as without him our centre options are pretty limited.

i think one of the Tyrone's will play 6.

You simply cant move AJ or Rein form their current spots - they are two aspects of the team working better than almost everything else.

I think these are the definite starters next year pending any odd injuries in off season.

1. AJ
    2. Don
    7. Ash Taylor
    8. Wallace
    9. Peats
    10.James
    11. Proctor
    13. Arrow
    14. Rein
    15. Mofo
    16. Boyd

last bench spot could go to one of 6 people but i think King could get first crack.

5/8th is Peachey or Roberts. is its Peachey then Roberts plays for burleigh, if it Roberts, then Peach goes into the pool on 3/4 options.

Peachey, Copley, Hurrell, Brenko, Gordon and Sami fighting over 2 centre spots and 1 wing spot. you could say Don isn't guaranteed a spot either, but he is Mr reliable on his side and id be surprised of he got dumped after 5 odd years of locking down one side.

And trying to weigh up the pros and cons is doing my head in, so i'm going to let pre season come and go, and trust Garth to pick the right people in round 1, and then also trust him to relegate people who aren't performing which he has done this year when possible. the good news is there are some ingredients there to work with and we have some depth in the position

I would throw a question mark over Proctor too DB ... he needs to bring a lot more than just be Taylor's go to man. King is a sure thing you'd have to think, plus Stockwell brings more and more each time he plays. I also think Hurrell has largely redeemed himself ... very interesting decisions to be made and a long way to go before we will get an inkling of Brennan's thinking.

At the risk of being laughed out of the Forum I'd go with:

1. Brimson
    2. Don
    3. Hurrell
    4. Copley
    5. Gordon
    6. Peachey
    7. Taylor
    8. Wallace
    9. Peats
    10. James
    11. Hipgrave
    12. Proctor
    13. Arrow

14. Roberts
    15. Fotuaika
    16. Boyd
    17. King
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I agree Hurrell has gone a long way to redeeming since he came back, but he isn't a certainty for me yet and so is in 'the mix' of players for that spot

Hurrell had apparently redeemed his wayward warrior ways when he came to us. But then he reverted to form. He is an asset to the team when he is switched on but seems to lose interest.

The spots I will be interested to see is 6 and 14 as they are intertwined with Peachey and Roberts coming to the club. If Peach goes to 6 then Roberts or Rein get the 14 but if Peach goes to centre then I am not sure what happens, perhaps this.
    1. Gordon
    2. Don
    3. Peachy
    4. Copley
    5. Sami
    6. Brimson
    14. Roberts/Rein

- - - Updated - - -

But as NZ said a few posts up if we get Jacks then that changes things again.

1. AJ Brimson
    2. Anthony Don
    3. Dale Copley
    4. Michael Gordon
    5. Brenko Lee
    6. Tyrone Peachey
    7. Ash Taylor

14. Mitch Rein

Don't mind the idea of having brenko bringing back some kick returns and ball carries out of our red zone from wing (less defensive decision making than playing in centre).

I also like the idea of Mick Gordon moving to centre, as I feel he will be defensively strong and will know when to do the simple things (run, draw and pass etc).

Nothing against Sami, but just feel he isn't consistent enough to be Mr reliable, and doesn't have enough spark to warrant selection over others.

Alternative side:

1. AJ Brimson
    2. Anthony Don
    3. Tyrone Peachey
    4. Dale Copley
    5. Michael Gordon
    6. Tyrone Roberts
    7. Ash Taylor
    14. Mitch Rein

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I would throw a question mark over Proctor too DB ... he needs to bring a lot more than just be Taylor's go to man. King is a sure thing you'd have to think, plus Stockwell brings more and more each time he plays. I also think Hurrell has largely redeemed himself ... very interesting decisions to be made and a long way to go before we will get an inkling of Brennan's thinking.

At the risk of being laughed out of the Forum I'd go with:

1. Brimson
    2. Don
    3. Hurrell
    4. Copley
    5. Gordon
    6. Peachey
    7. Taylor
    8. Wallace
    9. Peats
    10. James
    11. Hipgrave
    12. Proctor
    13. Arrow

14. Roberts
    15. Fotuaika
    16. Boyd
    17. King
    No Rein and No Sami? Geez you're hard task master. I'd take Lee over Hurrell any day of the week and twice on Sundays. Person who should be worried about getting a spot should be Taylor, won't happen but with Peachey, Roberts and AJ sniffing around by rights he should be made to feel just as worried as anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    No Rein and No Sami? Geez you're hard task master. I'd take Lee over Hurrell any day of the week and twice on Sundays. Person who should be worried about getting a spot should be Taylor, won't happen but with Peachey, Roberts and AJ sniffing around by rights he should be made to feel just as worried as anyone else.
    Agree - Rein HAS to be there, and Sami probably deserves his spot at least as much as Lee / Hurrell / Copley / Gordon, toss in he is a guy we want in our team in 5 years and you might as well play him. He has let no one down this year

Troy Leo will grab a contract of some kind, wait for a injury and burst onto the scene with a double on debut go on to be leading try scorer for the yr and then Storm will snap him up
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Troy Leo will grab a contract of some kind, wait for a injury and burst onto the scene with a double on debut go on to be leading try scorer for the yr and then Storm will snap him up
    Bundle of joy all round ...

Troy Leo will grab a contract of some kind, wait for an injury and burst onto the scene with a double on debut to go on to be leading try scorer for the yr and then we will use Gordon’s money from retirement to snap him up.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Troy Leo would be refreshing - could see him taking Dons spot at end of next year, and then we got Leo and Sami on the flanks