Page 104 of 160 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 114 154 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2400

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    Hahah i think you or your source are full of **** mate. Just like Kevvie was locked in weeks ago aye?
    Please post the Quote where I said Kevvie was "locked in"
    Not sure why your having a crack.
    Did I do or say something wrong in your direction?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    To drop a **** sandwich in the middle of the table, and you're bewildered to why others question you about it?
    Nah Toads the responses are beyond questions and more like allegations.
    Even though Bods stated his animosity I probably should have chosen my words better and said discredit.
    But alls good no problem

I never take any notice of articles in the paper unless there are direct quotes provided. In Arrow's case there have been heaps of quotes by him about staying and this is his club of choice. If he leaves then it will not show him in a good light. If he stays then RVS should disappear under a rock.
    We'll see I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Clubs and players negotiating before the November open season?
    Clubs are free to talk to players before Nov 1, they just can't offer contracts or talk money before then..

Rep Player

My *inside word* says if you are going to make a statement like that then show some reciepts.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Roberts leave at the end of the year and end up at the Knights.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Rep Player

I'd like to see us make a play at Kyle Turner for 2020. He's off contract and likely not required given Souths just signed Su'a. While not a superstar, he's reliable in defense and will get through a solid workload with minimal rubbish. He typically plays left edge which would allow us to shift Carty to his preferred right edge and Proctor to QCup (or punt him into the sun). Having Carty's creativity on the right side would help ease the burden on Ash when he comes back next year. Turner is also a good, humble kid off the field, which I was reminded of with this article this morning: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/kyle-tu...d-07dc9fe0202d

Don't know if he's been mentioned here but here's an impressive profile. Anyone watched him? I've watched a bit of him and he seems pretty crafty at hooker. Looks like he'll be behind B.Smith if he stays at the Storm so could be someone we could keep an eye on.

https://www.qrl.com.au/players/intru...s/harry-grant/

I have watched Harry Grant play for a couple of years now and while I have a lot wraps on B Smith, I think Harry will overtake him as the number one hooker at the Storm within the next couple of years. Many people within the ISC environment rate him the best young player in he State and many good judges such as Scott Sattler rate him as the next big thing in the NRL. If we had him I would be ecstatic. Even if we had B Smith I would be excited. And I believe the Storm have another player within their system who would make a good convert to the hooking position....great tackling technique, big motor, quick out of the blocks and tough...Billy Walters.

Alex Glenn open to Titans move if he leaves Broncos
    Off contract at the end of the year, Brisbane veteran Alex Glenn is rightfully considering his future — and thinks he would have plenty to offer the Broncos’ struggling neighbours.

Brent Read, The Courier-Mail
    Subscriber only
    |
    15 minutes ago

Alex Glenn reckons he can add something to the Gold Coast Titans. If things don’t work out at the Brisbane Broncos and he has no option but to leave at the end of the season, he believes he and the Titans could be good for each other.

“Personally I reckon I could (help them),” Glenn said.

“The person I am, I have strong values on respect, honesty and hard work. I think. I could add to a team like that.

“Having previous Broncos players there, I think they could vouch for me. I know what I bring to a team and I think I could help them in that department.

“If they put in a good offer I would be stupid to knock it back. Our careers don’t last too long and I have a young family.

“People are like do you want to reach 300 (games for the Brisbane Broncos). Ultimately I would love to. Statistics don’t put food on the table and a roof over my family’s head.

“Nothing is ever ruled out. If I get an offer from another club that is stupid to refuse, I have to put my family first and that is where I am at.”

Glenn’s comments in relation to the Titans come as he prepares to make his 254th appearance for the Broncos against the Gold Coast at Cbus Super Stadium on Saturday night.

The 30-year-old has seemingly been linked with the Titans for much of the season, in part because he is off contract at the end of the year but also because he lives on the glitter strip.

Asked about those links, Glenn said: “That has been going on since the start of the season. Spoke to my manager and I was asking when it first came out what was going on, because I was on holidays.

“I think there has been some interest throughout the season. At the moment, nothing has been put on the table, it is all talk. At the moment we don’t know where we’re going round.”

His desire is to remain in Brisbane and he will gain more clarity in coming weeks as he prepares to hold talks with chief executive Paul White and the board.

“All the important people — I am going to sit down with them,” Glenn said.

“That is a great sign. I am excited to see what happens because it is a club that gave me my first opportunity and a club that means a lot to me.

“They are going to I guess give me a rundown on what is going on and what is the plan. They have told me how much they want to keep me and the coaches are behind that, which is great to know. I am yet to have this sit down … and until then I am not too sure.”

His more immediate priority at the moment is helping the Broncos make a late bid for the finals. They have put themselves back in the mix heading into Saturday night’s game against the Titans, a win potentially moving the Broncos back inside the top eight.

“I don’t expect an easy game, that is for sure,” Glenn said.

“Living on the Gold Coast, you see the papers — the whole back page. As a player, it started to get you mentally. I know these boys are going to come out and really fire up, especially in front of their home crowd where it matters most.

“When they played us in Brisbane they put numbers on us. They got a big win against us. You can’t turn up to a game and expect to win even though they are at the bottom of the ladder.

“Our rivalry — the little brother, big brother — I know they hate it and I know they will; be turning up to play their best game against us. It is going to be a tough one bro.”

If he came on the same $ as he is on at the Broncos we could do a lot worse.

Inactive User

^^^^ absolutely Not. He’s the one local junior I can’t tolerate. He’s had so many opportunities to come here in his prime and contribute and every time he stuck his proverbial up at us. Now at the end of his career he’s offering himself up to us because of a superannuation top up and probably to increase his local credentials when he no doubt retires to live in the Beautiful City.

NO!

Please get it done Titans. We are missing experienced heads in the team and he fits the bill for a left backrower. This would be a good get.

Respect your opinion Bods but you can’t knock him for staying with Brisbane and being a rare one club player (no players seem to have loyalty these days) and he’s still playing good footy.

Off-contract Titans centre Brenko Lee admits future remains in doubt on the Gold Coast
    Chris Honnery, The Courier-Mail
    July 22, 2019 4:45pm
    Subscriber only

Titans centre Brenko Lee admits his future playing career remains in doubt after interim coach Craig Hodges declared “all positions are vacant” following last weekend’s loss.

The 23-year-old Logan Brothers junior remains off contract at the end of the season and has played just three NRL games this year after being dropped from the side following their Round 2 loss.

The former Bulldog and Raider was relegated to the Intrust Super Cup’s Burleigh Bears where he has scored two tries and set up four others during his four month exile from the NRL.

Lee was recalled into the Gold Coast squad to play the Storm last weekend and it took just three minutes for the centre to score his first NRL try of the year.

However, his joy was short lived after Melbourne mounted a second-half comeback to pile on seven-tries-to-three at Cbus Super Stadium.

Following the match, Hodges unambiguously put his players on notice, declaring “all positions are vacant” as the club continues to find a new coach and the right personnel in the playing group.

Lee admitted he was disappointed about being axed from the side but Sunday’s call up allowed him to make a case to extend his playing career.

He said he would be considering all options but hoped to remain on the Gold Coast next year.

“I come off contract at the end of this year and didn’t know what was going on,” Lee said.

“It was a bit of a stall to be honest. I was happy Hodgo (Hodges) told me I was playing (last) weekend.

“It’s probably a thing I need to look at now, what I’m doing. I’m 23 now and I just need to know where I’m going to be.

“Obviously I want to stay at the Titans but everyone’s under review. It’s a success-driven industry. Who knows what’s going to happen at the end of the year.”

Lee said he planned to let his football do the talking in the latter stages of the season.

“All I can focus on is me playing good footy and going out there and doing my job and hopefully I get another contract,” he said.

“Obviously it’s not great playing (Intrust Super) Cup when you’re coming off contract.

“The more games I can string together, the more confidence I can get in myself. When you play good footy, clubs come knocking and the Titans want to resign.

“That’s the plan is just to string a few games together and see what happens from there.”

Lee said he hoped his 126 running metre and 13 tackle effort against the Storm would be enough to keep him the side, which will be named on Tuesday.

CYA

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    ^^^^ absolutely Not. He’s the one local junior I can’t tolerate. He’s had so many opportunities to come here in his prime and contribute and every time he stuck his proverbial up at us. Now at the end of his career he’s offering himself up to us because of a superannuation top up and probably to increase his local credentials when he no doubt retires to live in the Beautiful City.

NO!
    If you were in his position, would you have signed with us or stayed with the Broncos? Personally, I don’t hold it against him. He nearly won a premiership with them in 2015. What have we done in that time?

If there's 2 things we need it's experience and a backrowers, we'd be stupid not to be trying to get Glenn here, unless the club's got some other option, but he's 10 times better than any backrowers we currently have and he's a leader, something that is non existent at the club currently

First Grader

Would love to knlw what he considers a "good offer"