Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Junior

Seem something on facebook saying at 7th minute mark of the game the crowd will stand as one and applaude for 1 minute?

Quote Originally Posted by timor 2 View Post
    Seem something on facebook saying at 7th minute mark of the game the crowd will stand as one and applaude for 1 minute?
    Something a radio station has cooked up. I do not agree with this. Maybe at his home ground but not at ours. I understand he is a legend etcetera etcetera and so forth (what classic movie Titanic) but honestly, can't we just watch the game and celebrate him at the end? What is this the start of? No other player has received this, not even immortals.. FFS... Rant over.

Shamus, did you just use my name in vain? Agree with the JT thing ... a lap of honor after the game, sign some autographs unlike Slater last week, and a decent farewell speech. Clapping for a minute during the game should be reserved for our winning try.

Old Yella?
    Last edited by Titanic; 29-08-18 at 08:50 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Something a radio station has cooked up. I do not agree with this. Maybe at his home ground but not at ours. I understand he is a legend etcetera etcetera and so forth (what classic movie Titanic) but honestly, can't we just watch the game and celebrate him at the end? What is this the start of? No other player has received this, not even immortals.. FFS... Rant over.
    The Departed?

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Old Yella?
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    The Departed?
    The King and I...I am disappointed

Sounds like a Neil Henry / Jarryd Hayne Documentary?

I'll be standing and clapping. He deserves it from my point of view. I don't even consider this a game, I wouldn't begrudge the ball being kicked out for the minute to be honest. Game is meaningless, we haven't tried to improve our team this week so I can't see how this is anything but a send off for JT and a win for them.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I'll be standing and clapping. He deserves it from my point of view. I don't even consider this a game, I wouldn't begrudge the ball being kicked out for the minute to be honest. Game is meaningless, we haven't tried to improve our team this week so I can't see how this is anything but a send off for JT and a win for them.
    I feel the same way. I hope everyone watching the game is blown away by the crowd on the coast. Hope we really turn it on and get a bit of respect back for our supposed lack luster crowds.

i think outsiders will just say it was JT's crowd or cowboys fans - we wont get any credit or respect - they already laugh at us when we regularly have more away fans that titans fans at games ( or louder at least ).

Annesley should step up to the mic after the game and say 'all this for me? you shouldn't have'

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    i think outsiders will just say it was JT's crowd or cowboys fans - we wont get any credit or respect - they already laugh at us when we regularly have more away fans that titans fans at games ( or louder at least ).

Annesley should step up to the mic after the game and say 'all this for me? you shouldn't have'
    There are already memes about exactly this circulating facebook.

Meanwhile LG fades in the background. Local junior, last game for the Titans and it is a JT love fest. I get it, I just don't like it.

I’ll be standing and clapping. I feel like we should acknowledge the greats of our game. Yes it’s our home game and yes there will be more away fans (especially with this game) but that’s nothing new and really, who cares ? The result of the game means nothing , we won’t see that bloke on the field ever again, why not enjoy what will probably a once in a lifetime event? A win will be even sweeter.

I’d rather enjoy it in what will be an awesome atmosphere (can’t recall the last sellout) rather than sit there on half way sucking lemons.

NRL: Gold Coast Titans vow to ruin Johnathan Thurston's farewell
    By Laine Clark
    12 hours ago

His Gold Coast teammate Ash Taylor admits he is starry-eyed ahead of Johnathan Thurston's final game but Titans prop Jarrod Wallace simply wants the North Queensland great to see stars this weekend.

Both Taylor and Wallace have vowed to ruin the Cowboys' farewell for Thurston when the veteran playmaker bows out in his 323rd and final NRL match at a sold out Cbus Super Stadium on Saturday.

However they will be taking very different approaches.

Titans halfback Taylor sounded more like a gushing fan, not ruling out asking Thurston for an autograph after the historic match.

(AAP)
    "I might have to get him to sign my jersey, bit of memorabilia," Taylor laughed.

"It hasn't sunk in yet. I don't think it will until we don't see him running around next year.

"It will be different without him in the NRL. He has been such a role model growing up not just for me but a generation of younger players."

Wallace hoped to take a more direct route to Thurston, saying he would not be taking it easy on his former Queensland teammate.

"No, I won't and I can assure you he wouldn't have it any other way. If he is in the vicinity we will be all over him," Wallace said.

"We want to make sure his last game is not a boring one.

"We will do our best to make sure we send him out on a loss and make sure he remembers and feels every second of the game then afterward we can catch up and have a beer."

Wallace said the Gold Coast were revelling in the hype surrounding Thurston before their NRL season finale, expecting it to play into their hands in front of more than 27,000 fans - the club's first sell out crowd in their 11 year history.

"We are just going about our business and doing our own thing. The good thing is the spotlight is off us - it is all on them," Wallace said.

"We are happy with that. It makes our job easier.

"We want to make sure our last game is a big one.

"We have 27,000 fans there who will make sure Thurston has a memorable game off the field - we want it to be a memorable game for us on the field."

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Meanwhile LG fades in the background. Local junior, last game for the Titans and it is a JT love fest. I get it, I just don't like it.
    yeah i know what you mean, but for me it looked LG wouldn't get a farewell game until Gordon was injured - he is going to go out on the biggest crowd we have had and that will feel good. I hope he carves the piss out of them with a huge crowd watching for JT.

and good for Annesley as well to end with a full house regardless of who it is for. I Hope they manage to soak it in and enjoy it as well. Its going to be a great night and great feeling with so much goodwill and people hanging arpound after the game instead of worrying about trains and buses

and maybe even the players will think 'gee how good is this' lets work hard and earn some home finals

Let's hope the weather holds ... excited already!
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.