Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    That was a cracking game. We play like that every week and we are a top eight team for sure. Great effort and that’s all I ask for.
    Agree with this post. Obviously would have preferred a win, but a decent performance against top of the table team.

Some observations.

Geez I hate the commentary team. Hodges is dumb as a a bag of rocks but Parker is worse. So opinionated, blatantly dislikes the Titans, but you would think he is an immortal the way he talks. God he is annoying.

Agree with an earlier post, I would be happy to not see Hurrell and Matthews in a Titans jersey again.

No idea how the Olam offside decision just before half time is not a professional foul and he avoided the sin-bin.

Jarrad Wallace might rival Hodges in the iq stakes. Geez he gives away some dumb penalties and that knock -on of a loose pass was just lazy.

Why did Stockwell not get on the field?

Obviously Ash is not living up to the hype or expectations but I actually think he has been better last 2 weeks.

Not sure how I feel about Peachey situation. Obviously would like to add an origin player, but if he wants to stay, we would need some compensation. I would gladly take Waqa Blake and Isaih Yeo.

If Peachey comes, everything I have read indicates Brennan wants to play him in the centres, so who is our 6?. Surely not Tyrone Roberts. I was ok with him coming back as depth, but I don't want him starting. We do need a 6 to take pressure off Taylor, but I don't want to move AJ from fullback.

We desperately need a starting quality edge forward. Hipgrave brings energy and might be ok on the bench as he can play middle as well. We previously had been linked with Alex Glenn and would gladly take him. Not sure James can play wide. Definitely has the motor but worried about his lateral mobility.

Finally, hope the Roosters pump the Broncos. Out of all the players for Napa to clean up, McCullough is probably last on my list. Lodge, Thaiday, Roberts, McGuire, Boyd and Sims. So many options.
    Last edited by Ausphin; 25-08-18 at 07:18 PM.

I forgot to mention Parkers commentary.

I can toleratate almost all commentators, they dont really get to me ( Braith has his moments ) but i was ready to smack the TV over.

He started in pre game by saying "Cam smith will play, he puts himself ahead of the team", then continues to say that storm can wrap up the minor premiership with a win - which they cant.

then all game is Cam or billy this and that. if Cam does it its genius, if we do it its luck or a penalty.

Calls Ash for diving basically although kept denying he was calling him for diving.... then when ash DOES leave the field, andwe DON'T get the penalty he says that's a good call. what a dog. I read he he hasn't made a lot of friends at FOX and probably wont be there next year thanks Christ.

FD7A65F3-5414-4B27-BAAA-4E24615E7983.jpg

6-0 2nd half penalty count..

Got home from the game feeling that I had witnessed a stitch-up. The refs completely destroyed a cracking game of footy. Liked a lot that I saw except for our left edge which was very sad in defence. Koni had a good dig but even his best is not enough. Do I need to mention the bloke with a head like a pipe-cleaner? And why we can’t hide Elgey in defence like Penrith hides Maloney is beyond me. Will be back in hospital next Thursday but have asked for a pass-out for the game.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

One common theme from our fans and neutrals is that it was a good game of football (mostly). And if we keep playing like that we will get more viewers and bigger crowds and more fans.

Also the NRL community has REALLY discovered AJ Brimson and people are talking.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Got home from the game feeling that I had witnessed a stitch-up. The refs completely destroyed a cracking game of footy. Liked a lot that I saw except for our left edge which was very sad in defence. Koni had a good dig but even his best is not enough. Do I need to mention the bloke with a head like a pipe-cleaner? And why we can’t hide Elgey in defence like Penrith hides Maloney is beyond me. Will be back in hospital next Thursday but have asked for a pass-out for the game.
    hope you are ok titanic.

yes it was. we played our part in it too, but i feel that was once we saw the writing on the wall and refs weren't going to allow it to be an even contest.

with the ref errors, our errors and penalties - i couldnt believe we were only 2 points behind with 10 to go... we just needed a decent end to a set, but we couldnt get it right. Ash woudl try to run, then panic, Keegan got it at one point, and my boy LG kept putting up bombs but not near the goal line. so storm kept getting ball on 30m line and were never really pressured

In that last set, a cross field kick to Sami and we’re a chance except we found Wallace

First Grader

That was a stitch up by the refs. I don’t care if we get penalised but the storm committed the same offences and no penalty. Badger is corrupt and has been for years.

The most pleasing thing tonight was the line speed in the 1st half. Something we haven’t had all year and again didn’t have it in the 2nd half but Badger was responsible for putting us on the back foot all 2nd half.

What Matthews has on Brennan who knows and can someone remind me why we resigned Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    hope you are ok titanic.

yes it was. we played our part in it too, but i feel that was once we saw the writing on the wall and refs weren't going to allow it to be an even contest.

with the ref errors, our errors and penalties - i couldnt believe we were only 2 points behind with 10 to go... we just needed a decent end to a set, but we couldnt get it right. Ash woudl try to run, then panic, Keegan got it at one point, and my boy LG kept putting up bombs but not near the goal line. so storm kept getting ball on 30m line and were never really pressured
    Are you for AJ as our permanent #1 now David? I was with you in that I thought he was fine in the halves but I've since changed my mind after the last few weeks...kid looks at home with the #1 jersey I reckon.

Also I've no doubt Wallace is bludging up the joint...I noticed last week after Garth's massive spray he was much better in the second half...but he was back to his old plodding self today.

Wallace and Hurrell look like Michelin men or is it just the jerseys?

anyone know why we re signed hipgrave yet

First Grader

Was at the game. We had 63% possession in the first half. Couldn't shake the feeling the refs were trying to even it up in the second. Saying that thought we had a number of chances with 10minutes to go where we needed ash to play for a repeat set yet he tried the miracle play / wasn't in position. That'll change as he gets more experience but really hope Garth's getting him some help in that department because it seems to be a reoccurring thing when the games on the line. Elgey couldn't come up with a decent kick to save his life towards the end there. Local lad but he needs a hell of a lot of work. Not sure how it wasnt a penalty when ash had his head taken off near in front of the posts but that's life. Loved that the lads tackled their heart out and there was some really encouraging signs of effort out there. He's got them playing for each other which is awesome to see. Exciting times ahead

What gives me the ****s more than anything is if that hit on taylor was Johnathon Thurston in Townsville on Friday night and he also goes off, the referee would be blowing the pee out of the whistle and Stimson would be on report. The double standards in today's game is appalling, these big names seem to control the game. I'm sure Parker would of changed his tune as well if it was his buddy playing for the cowboys.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Are you for AJ as our permanent #1 now David? I was with you in that I thought he was fine in the halves but I've since changed my mind after the last few weeks...kid looks at home with the #1 jersey I reckon.

Also I've no doubt Wallace is bludging up the joint...I noticed last week after Garth's massive spray he was much better in the second half...but he was back to his old plodding self today.
    yeah i was thinking the same last night. He is just doing too well there to ignore. He is stopping a try or two per game, and also creating opportunities as well.

The only concern is what it does to our 3/4 line. Don and Sami been our best backs so they shouldn't be dropped, but how do you shoehoen Gordon in, does he play centre? does Sami move in and Gordon to one wing?

Isaako has played well all year in a top 8 team, Ramien as well, but if anything thinks AJ isn't the best young player this year they are off their tree.

1 ref, 1 set of rules....Not really that hard.