Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Still feels like there is a try in this game.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Who did Addo-Carr just run through? Hurrell and Matthews.

Immortal

Why was that not a penalty on Scott?

- - - Updated - - -

Shame NRL shame

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    Who did Addo-Carr just run through? Hurrell and Matthews.
    Didn't see but yes

Immortal

Parker is an embarrassment

- - - Updated - - -

Disagraceful

Rep Player

Wallace.....why

LG is not NRL standard

Quote Originally Posted by rj62 View Post
    LG is not NRL standard
    Only thing I'll say to that is without LG we score 0.

The other muppet out there does nothing but earn an inflated wage.

Rep Player

Honestly. Tonight some rough calls but this is why Sponsors don't want us and we continue to always be at the bottom of the ladder. We aren't a 80 minute NRL team. We are a team that can look good at times but then play absolute QCUP level garbage. Silly penalties, bonehead plays, absolute zero awareness of the situation and for gods sake do we not practice our 5th tackle? absolutely ropeable tonight. Not acceptable and a slap in the face of the fans who paid to go. see you next week when the cowboys flog us.

A disappointing end to the game with such an exciting beginning. We are a few players short of an NRL squad.

But I'll remember this game for AJ Brimson's performance.

Slater really stood up, without him (And refs) it'd have been a different game.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 25-08-18 at 06:30 PM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I'm gutted. We should have run away with that game. Only stand out was (again) Brimson. We lost the refs when their Golden boy Smith was in a squabble with our lowly captain. After that they didn't give us a look in. Allowed Melbourne a sniff and our disgraceful left side did the rest.

If Matthews is named next week I'll go buy Cowboys gear to wear to the game.

The refs are terrified of Cameron Smith aren't they? I think they just cant match his intelligence so avoid decision that might anger his lordship.

AJ is amazing, and Mofo was best forward on field almost. Sami also looked really good so our young brigade was awesome.

LG missed a tackle sure, but Munster turned in cos Koni looked away i think and Munster knew he was then in a one on one. LG was fine otherwise, and again came out of it at least as good as the million dollar man, who lets face it laid down and had to go off the field because he tried to play chicken with the ref and lost. he always looks for the easier option, similar to his 40m field goal attempt the other week.

Mr Hipgrave, please leave your jersey in the change rooms and report to Burleigh next year.

most everyone else tried their guts outs, and James was tacking everything that MOVED just before he got the head knock.

Such a shame Sami didnt get that ball down in the first half. super try from our new guys and deserved better.

thats 2 point losses to Storm and Souths, and 6 or 8 against roosters who had 2 tries confirmed as bull**** after the game, plus 1 point loss to Sharks and 1 point loss to Panthers....

Hopefully the kids are growing in confidence and experience, because we were right up to our armpits in those 5 matches and lost them all to top 5 teams
    Last edited by DavidBouveng; 25-08-18 at 06:38 PM.

Matthews will never be dropped. His relationship is to Brennan is what Henderson's was to Cartwright and Zillman's was to Henry.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm more happy after that loss than I was after that win last week because our D was so much better. Still bad but a lot better.

That was a cracking game. We play like that every week and we are a top eight team for sure. Great effort and that’s all I ask for.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    That was a cracking game. We play like that every week and we are a top eight team for sure. Great effort and that’s all I ask for.
    A great effort and not winning will not make the 8! Wins and points will

Too many errors, penalties and all round poor defence by multiple players. Until that is addressed, they will always be an also-ran team