Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Round 23: TITANS vs MANLY

TITANS vs MANLY
    FRIDAY 17TH AUGUST, Robina
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Give us LG early so we can start planning our 2019 assault.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Game offers a chance to jump above Manly on the ladder and further from the bottom. With games against Storm and Cowboys, it's going to be a tough end of the season. Storm will be buoyed by Slater's exit and Cowboy doing it for JT.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

QLD Cup

wow! a tough end to the season. But I hope there is some joy in it. I don't want to end the season on a downer. Cows and Storm my back up teams. (Queenslander) so we better win over Manly.

On this season, I have softened in my "hate" of other clubs. Finding myself actively cheering for Newcastle and the Tigers this year. I must favour the underdogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    On this season, I have softened in my "hate" of other clubs. Finding myself actively cheering for Newcastle and the Tigers this year. I must favour the underdogs.
    I certainly save a lot of hate for certain clubs, especially the Broncos. But those years in the NRL wilderness and the slaughter of Super League forever made me a Rugby League fan. So you find yourself cheering underdogs for the good of the game and willing certain results. But all that also leads to US winning, Rugby League and Queensland and future expansion needs us to be successful.

This should be an interesting game. Their big blokes fired last week (AFB in particular) and DCE was on fire in the second half.

Ash better be switched on this week! I reckon we'll roll them by 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    This should be an interesting game. Their big blokes fired last week (AFB in particular) and DCE was on fire in the second half.

Ash better be switched on this week! I reckon we'll roll them by 8.
    I reckon Manly will roll the tits by plenty
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Sea Eagles v Titans: Round 23 preview

The battle among teams to avoid the wooden spoon is almost as intriguing as what's happening at the top end of the Telstra Premiership ladder.

This Friday night clash brings together the 12th and 13th-placed teams, both with 7-14 records.
    Sitting just one win behind the Sea Eagles and Titans in a three-way tie for last place are the Cowboys, Bulldogs and Eels - all desperate to avoid finishing at the bottom of the pile.

So with that in mind, this game should be more intense than what you might normally expect from a 12 v 13 duel.

Key match-up: AJ Brimson looked right at home in his first game at fullback for the Titans and it remains to be seen if the spot will be his going forward into next season. He'll face a great test in trying to match it with in-form Manly fullback and NSW Origin star Tom Trbojevic this week.

For the Sea Eagles to win: As mentioned, 'Turbo Tom' has been great since returning from a triumphant Origin series in which he was one of the standout performers for NSW. Daly Cherry-Evans has also played well and if the pair maintains their recent form Manly should come away with a victory.

For the Titans to win: Have to feel for Garth Brennan and the Titans after last week's golden point loss. Despite clearly being the better team for a large majority of the game, they still lost, giving up a try in literally the final second of regulation time. So the simple lesson here is to follow one of rugby league's oldest adages - play for 80 minutes.

Sea Eagles Stat Attack: The Titans will have to tie up Martin Taupau every time he carries the ball, though it might be easier said than done. The Sea Eagles prop leads the NRL in off-loads with 64, with Andrew Fifita (62) second.

Titans Stat Attack: Crafty Ash Taylor knows how to create for his teammates, with his 17 try assists tying him with Johnathan Thurston and Luke Keary in first place. But Taylor doesn't always get it right - his 17 handling errors are also the most in the NRL.

And another thing: If the Titans don't win this one, they might not win again this year given they host the Storm and Cowboys in the final two rounds. The same could be said for Manly, with road games against the Wests Tigers and Broncos to close out their 2018 campaign.

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles v Gold Coast Titans, Friday 6pm at Lottoland

Head-to-head: Played 17; Sea Eagles 1 wins, Titans 7 wins
    Previous result: Titans won 32-20 at Marley Brown Oval in round 5
    Points per game: Sea Eagles 20.5; Titans 18.9
    Points conceded per game: Sea Eagles 24.3; Titans 24.2
    Televised: Live on Nine, Fox League

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/14/...nd-23-preview/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    I reckon Manly will roll the tits by plenty
    Yeah nah...

I think you must have not only your fingers and toes crossed...but also your wires!

Junior

Sea-Eagles v Titans
    Friday, 17 August
    Lottoland
    6:00pm

1. Alexander Brimson
    2. Anthony Don
    3. Konrad Hurrell
    4. Brenko Lee
    5. Phillip Sami
    6. Kane Elgey
    7. Ash Taylor
    8. Jarrod Wallace
    9. Nathan Peats
    10. Ryan James ©
    11. Kevin Proctor
    12. Keegan Hipgrave
    13. Jai Arrow

14. Mitch Rein
    15. Moeaki Fotuaika
    16. Jack Stockwell
    17. Will Matthews

18. Brendan Elliot
    19. Jai Whitbread
    20. Leilani Latu
    21. Bryce Cartwright

BCarty makes the extended bench.

Matthews ... I’ll be totally stuffed. I would start Cartwright in front of this pipe-cleaner.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Kingy would have been handy this week (and all the other weeks). I think I'd take Whitbread over Carty and Matthews.

Barrett just quit. Hopefully some turmoil at the club for us to captilaise on.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Barrett just quit. Hopefully some turmoil at the club for us to captilaise on.
    I thought that would happen last week with the panthers but it was more capitulated than capitalised. I still think we roll manly this weekend