Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

I see Taylor is getting most of the praise, he's got nothing on LG as a playmaker

If anything it just proves what a few have been saying for a long time, LG is a half and Taylor a 5/8
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    I see Taylor is getting most of the praise, he's got nothing on LG as a playmaker

If anything it just proves what a few have been saying for a long time, LG is a half and Taylor a 5/8
    good luck getting DCE to switch jumpers

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    I also believe this. Taylor just doesn’t react fast enough. Next year we’ll see the same thing except Roberts making the decisions. Elgey will hurt us real bad when we play them.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    No brainer ... I’ve just got out of hospital, restrained my kafooffal valve in the first half and tore the flange off it laughing at you guys’ mood swings in the second. Great win and teke’s ‘win by plenty’ prediction was spot on ... not

Storm will be resting a few next week.
    Hope all is well.

If you look at Taylor’s and LG stats for last night LG played all over Taylor. Taylor missed 7 tackles and no line breaks. Last night I thought LG had a better heads up read of game which showed in his line break and to set up Taylor’s try.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Well, they needed a kick in the a##e and they responded well. I’m excited for next year with Boyle and king fit as well as Boyd, Peachey and Roberts signing. Going to be competition for spots.

Mo continues to impress me more so these stats he was on the field for 28 minutes and ran for 93 metres. Really impressive for an 18 yr old front rower.

Also AJ reminds me of Munster abit.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    If you look at Taylor’s and LG stats for last night LG played all over Taylor. Taylor missed 7 tackles and no line breaks. Last night I thought LG had a better heads up read of game which showed in his line break and to set up Taylor’s try.
    there was no comparison at all - LG smoked him, but that's nothing new, he has outplayed or matched him in most games apart from some funky D early in the year and nothing we can do to change it either unfortunately.

we will have no one to blame but our self when LG fires down there and we are still paying a million for a dud.

For the record, Ash made 17 tackles and missed 7.

LG made 19, and missed 1.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    For the record, Ash made 17 tackles and missed 7.

LG made 19, and missed 1.
    LG had to make the tackles, his bodyguard made 17 and missed 6 in 57 mins of game time. That's a worry.

Not going to say anything bad about Ash. He played well last night. He's taken on the kicking duties, he scored a try. 5th tackle options were mainly through him and he got the 40/20, we got some repeat sets from drop outs and he made no errors. He stepped up with a lot more on his shoulders and he didn't crumble as we have seen previously when the bottom lip drops.

LG will be missed and he ran the ball a lot more than Ash but I don't think we are looking for Ash to run on the 5th are we?

MT, TitanPete, Bods, hope you guys are still around. Miss the contributions.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    LG had to make the tackles, his bodyguard made 17 and missed 6 in 57 mins of game time. That's a worry.

Not going to say anything bad about Ash. He played well last night. He's taken on the kicking duties, he scored a try. 5th tackle options were mainly through him and he got the 40/20, we got some repeat sets from drop outs and he made no errors. He stepped up with a lot more on his shoulders and he didn't crumble as we have seen previously when the bottom lip drops.

LG will be missed and he ran the ball a lot more than Ash but I don't think we are looking for Ash to run on the 5th are we?

MT, TitanPete, Bods, hope you guys are still around. Miss the contributions.
    hipgrave is a worry

and yeah some fair point about Ash
    Last edited by DavidBouveng; 18-08-18 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    That pass to Taylor. So hard to do and get it right. Elegy did it at full pace and made it look simple.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    hipgrave is a worry
    First year and over zealous? I'm hoping we find or can develop an 80 minute back rower for that edge.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    First year and over zealous? I'm hoping we find or can develop an 80 minute back rower for that edge.
    yeah hipgrave is 20-25 minutes of unleashed madness and that will bring some missed tackles, so i think asking for 80 is a bit too much for him

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    That pass to Taylor. So hard to do and get it right. Elegy did it at full pace and made it look simple.
    and the next one onto Hureel was nice, fooled defence into thinking AJ was getting it and landed perfectly for Hurrell to steam onto it. we've missed that all year as Ash has had to be first receiver so much

I honestly believe that Taylor really needs an experienced half with him. Elgey, while not super experienced just takes the pressure off him. While AJ is amazing, I can’t help not think if we had brought Elgey back a bit earlier, results would’ve been different. I know a lot of people in here have had the same argument. When Taylor is playing with confidence, he is one of the best halves going around. He may have missed a lot of tackles, but some of that was his inside Man as well. I’m starting to think that Roberts at half might not be too bad, but then I think of how they held Henry to ransom and can’t really decide.