Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    QLD Cup

Stats don't really indicate "we were the better team". There were two incompetent teams but one knows how to win and that's what the game is about.

Good to see AJ at FB and Elgey get a chance again. its the only meaning I could get out of the game, win or lose. Although, the spoon is looming. If we cant win a game like that when will we?

Hurrel has an uncanny ability to stuff things up at critical times...
    Fotuaika is our best frontrower by a country mile.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    Stats don't really indicate "we were the better team". There were two incompetent teams but one knows how to win and that's what the game is about.

Good to see AJ at FB and Elgey get a chance again. its the only meaning I could get out of the game, win or lose. Although, the spoon is looming. If we cant win a game like that when will we?

Hurrel has an uncanny ability to stuff things up at critical times...
    Fotuaika is our best frontrower by a country mile.
    AJ, Mofo and Sami are this years absolute standout stories for us, as well as Arrow obviously.

but AJ and Mofo are teenagers showing their origin fancied elders how its done

really hurting after that one, team just keeps finding ways to let me down

Brennan used Bodsy's favourite line in the presser: "We're a young team"

lol

Inactive User

^^^ yeah I’d like to compare Penrith’s ages with ours and The Drongoes ages too
    I don’t think the excuse cuts it one bit
    I wish he wouldn’t say it
    Footballers love excuses
    Stop Playing with my head Garth!!
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 11-08-18 at 07:23 PM.

"It's a bump in the journey and we'll learn from that..." Not sure what a losing coach is supposed to say.

Michael Gordon dislocated wrist that required surgery to put back in.

I enjoyed the game and they were that close to beating a top 4 side. They also showed a glimpse of AJ at fb for next yr
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Dare I say the AJ / Elgey combo (even with AJ at FB like he was in his last few games of Qcup) could have worked if we didn't choose to get rid of Elgey. They looked really comfortable playing together in those games that I saw too. ATay is the elephant in the room and I have no idea what we can do about him.

Ash , needs time in Q-CUP , but for some reason , Brennan won’t do it. Why because Ash is his little princess

Fact remains both LG and Ash can’t tackle. Both were at fault for the last two tries that cost us the game.

Brimson on the other hand...

Does anyone know why we leave KP out there for 80 minutes but our left side goes through two or three changes on that edge defender?

As we spoke about last week, Ash needs the club to get some external help on a semi permanent base to really help his on field dilemas.

The club also needs to demand from him what we are paying for, which is the same for a few of our players that aren't even in the NRL squad.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Does anyone know why we leave KP out there for 80 minutes but our left side goes through two or three changes on that edge defender?

As we spoke about last week, Ash needs the club to get some external help on a semi permanent base to really help his on field dilemas.

The club also needs to demand from him what we are paying for, which is the same for a few of our players that aren't even in the NRL squad.
    I could be wrong but I think 2 interchanges are used per game on the left edge. Once when Hipgrave goes off and once when he returns.
    I’ll say it till I’m blue in the face but I’d love to see Proctor/James as our 2nd rows and we attempt to (barring injury) use all of our interchanges on the middle of the field quartet.
    James has the tank and skill set to play 80 mins on that edge and he can really then wind up and use his quality with each carry.

Sitting in the stands, counting tackles, just one more and they to have to run it ... they do and we jersey grab ... enjoyed the game though.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I’ll say it till I’m blue in the face but I’d love to see Proctor/James as our 2nd rows and we attempt to (barring injury) use all of our interchanges on the middle of the field quartet.
    James has the tank and skill set to play 80 mins on that edge and he can really then wind up and use his quality with each carry.
    The fox commentators asked Henry during the game what James's best position was and he said that he lacked the leg speed to be a top edge forward but at prop he can go all day and use his strength better.
    I like James in the middle as he does a lot of the clean up work that goes unnoticed and you can tell if he goes off as the middle isn't as stiff in defence.

I'll have to catch up on the game and this thread. Devastated we couldn't win this on. Obviously I thoughtfully scheduled my wedding for kick off time. But was getting score updates off people. While we were taking photos it was looking promising, then into golden point time.

On the issue of "young teams" I always hated the "Baby Broncos" excuse which really got overused. Yea when the term came to use it had meaning, but now they just aren't supplying that number of players to the Origin teams, so I put that in the cop out basket.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER