Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Round 22: TITANS vs PANTHERS

TITANS vs PANTHERS
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Forget it , the way we’re playing at the moment , there is no chance of us beating the Panthers

What a nasty run home to finish off the season
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    What a nasty run home to finish off the season
    lol

Inactive User

Even being drawn to play Parramatta is a nasty draw in our current predicament

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Even being drawn to play Parramatta is a nasty draw in our current predicament
    I see you on AFL forums, courier mail posts, bulletin posts, this forum, just spreading gloom like a sporting grinch.

Sport is meant to be fun mate - if it has you finding every square inch of the internet looking for places to piss on, your hanging on too tight.

I mean this to help you more than attack you, so if you need to chat offline i'm happy to be there, but you gotta find something enjoyable outside of GC sports to fill in the time that doesnt require such an emotional investment or you are just going to be miserable, and that's not fun for anyone.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    I see you on AFL forums, courier mail posts, bulletin posts, this forum, just spreading gloom like a sporting grinch.

Sport is meant to be fun mate - if it has you finding every square inch of the internet looking for places to piss on, your hanging on too tight.

I mean this to help you more than attack you, so if you need to chat offline i'm happy to be there, but you gotta find something enjoyable outside of GC sports to fill in the time that doesnt require such an emotional investment or you are just going to be miserable, and that's not fun for anyone.
    You’d be surprised how little time it takes to look at the 2 forums and 2 papers actually and not that I should justify myself to you but I’ve had a lovely day with my wife thanks very much and really am not in need of condescension like that.

If you were for real you would have sent me a PM.
    My posts reflect the current situation of our teams and I look forward to the day where they can reflect good times for the long suffering fans particularly for long term Gold Coasters.

I don’t do other social media like Facebook etc.
    Anyway that post of yours sucks. I’ll be me and you be you.

PS-I probably would like to be a little less frequent and I’m thinking of dropping the commenting in the CM because it’s just a vicious place. Stand up for the GC in there and you get pummelled.
    So I do take your post on board to a point.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 05-08-18 at 06:52 PM.

You’d be surprised how little time it takes to look at the 2 forums and 2 papers actually and not that I should justify myself to you but I’ve had a lovely day with my wife thanks very much and really am not in need of condescension like that.

If you were for real you would have sent me a PM.
    My posts reflect the current situation of our teams and I look forward to the day where they can reflect good times for the long suffering fans particularly for long term Gold Coasters.

I don’t do other social media like Facebook etc.
    Anyway that post of yours sucks. I’ll be me and you be you.

PS-I probably would like to be a little less frequent and I’m thinking of dropping the commenting in the CM because it’s just a vicious place. Stand up for the GC in there and you get pummelled.
    So I do take your post on board to a point.
    I'd say cool story bro, but this wouldn't be the right time

all fair points, and if i had have thought of reaching out before i posted instead of halfway through i would have gone the PM route, so that's on me and noted.

i always think we should be ourselves on here, and wouldn't want you to change at all per se, I just do get concerned for people who invest a lot in a team that isn't giving enough back - its like a bad religion sometimes - all the suffering for the feint hope of something wonderful in the distant future.

So my intent was decent, but was well hidden in my aggressive tone, so apologies all round Bods. hope your well and glad a titans fan was able to wash away the putrid stink of last night to enjoy a wonderful winter Sunday in the beautiful City

Inactive User

^^^ ha ha yeah what’s this cool story bro thing I saw that somewhere last night on here
    I have great respect for you DB. All good.
    I just do sms with mates, the 2 forums, nothing else......honestly I wish I didn’t ever go into the murky world of CM comments as that’s such an ugly nasty place.
    I think I’ll drop that one.
    But yeah mate I do love the forums as you get to communicate with people that know the sport and really care. For me it’s a positive thing and a nice distraction/outlet away from work and the usual day to day responsibilities.

^^^ ha ha yeah what’s this cool story bro thing I saw that somewhere last night on here
    I have great respect for you DB. All good.
    I just do sms with mates, the 2 forums, nothing else......honestly I wish I didn’t ever go into the murky world of CM comments as that’s such an ugly nasty place.
    I think I’ll drop that one.
    But yeah mate I do love the forums as you get to communicate with people that know the sport and really care. For me it’s a positive thing and a nice distraction/outlet away from work and the usual day to day responsibilities.
    speaking of Nasty - the lynch drama is lighting up those boards...almost tempted to wade in.

anyways back to the panthers - game plan - get ahead like a lot of teams do against them, then kill the lights and power to CBUS. simple.

also - will be good to see the other young half who was meant to be a competitor to Ash, but who has instead streaked away for many reasons, fitness and demeanor being two of the major ones.

Hey DB, you just reminded me of something that happened years ago. I was coaching Norths in Mackay and we were hosting the Fish one Saturday night. We were top of the ladder and they were way down but they ambushed us and we were facing a hiding. Early in the second half the lights went out and didn’t come back on. A frantic meeting was held mid-field lit by Bic lighters and it was decided that a replay Monday was the go. The rumors circulated that an albatross had flown into a power main and shorted the grid. We dutifully turned up on said Monday and flogged them to nil. Funny thing was that my team manager worked for Mackay Power and his nickname was .... ?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

haha i dont know. Alby?

tell me!
    Last edited by DavidBouveng; 06-08-18 at 06:40 AM.

Albatross?

Mark the spark the electrician?

Inactive User

If we could just see some positive form from Taylor and Cartwright in the remaining rounds then the playing group can be positive about the off season and it would encourage members to joyfully Renew.
    I think Hurrell is showing some signs of being a good footballer again.
    Be nice to see a barnstormer from Wallace too before seasons end.
    Peats service from dummy half has been clunky too but I think Taylor being flat footed and not looking for the ball enthusiastically has played a part in that.

And one other thing-we need to fight off the wooden spoon, we aren’t safe yet. No way are we.