Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    What a terrible game of NRL that was to watch. Neither the players nor the officials should be happy with their efforts. Frustrating to watch, frustrating to justify and even more frustrating is the bets I'll be paying on Monday to the scumbag Eels supporters I have to work with.

Bods, glad you take solace in being correct at half time, Teke glad we helped Manly to a spoon.

Sad effort.
    Speaking of Manly, what’s happened to Mexican Titan??

As I’ve said before and I’ll say it again
    “ WE ARE BOYS , PLAYING A MANS GAME “
    Ash needs to be dropped , but won’t happen
    We need to find two frontrowers , who ain’t scared to run.
    To win a premiership , a team needs to be consistent ( this team wouldn’t even know how to spell it )

Nothing really in the presser, "It just wasn't our night," according to Brennan.

Immortal

Feel for Jai Whitbread

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Feel for Jai Whitbread
    I feel for any forward on our list that is behind Matthews in our genius coach’s pecking order

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Nothing really in the presser, "It just wasn't our night," according to Brennan.
    Such amazing analysis for all us members and fans he has shared with us again

He owned the poor performance, James owned the poor performance. He specifically said he won't use the "we're a young side excuse today" Sorry Bods.

Inactive User

He owned the poor performance, James owned the poor performance. He specifically said he won't use the "we're a young side excuse today" Sorry Bods.
    If he said “I won’t use we are a young side as an excuse” or “it’s no excuse but we are a young side” then in my books that’s using it as an excuse.
    He smiled and lamely said “we didn’t turn up”.

We have a massive problem here with this Coach but at this stage there’s only a handful of us that can see it.
    It’s not at critical stage yet though. He still has time.

I’m not fully ruling out the Wooden Spoon yet either.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 04-08-18 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    If he said “I won’t use we are a young side as an excuse” or “it’s no excuse but we are a young side” then in my books that’s using it as an excuse.
    I see your post as revisionist. He smiled and lamely said “we didn’t turn up”.

We have a massive problem here with this Coach but at this stage there’s only a handful of us that can see it.
    It’s not at critical stage yet though. He still has time.

I’m not fully ruling out the Wooden Spoon yet either.
    As I just said on another media platform, we paid for the cheapest coach in the NRL in the thriftiest team in the NRL . He still hasn't assembled HIS team, he's playing with someone elses. Not sure what expectations we should have.

As I just said on another media platform, we paid for the cheapest coach in the NRL in the thriftiest team in the NRL . He still hasn't assembled HIS team, he's playing with someone elses. Not sure what expectations we should have.
    His team consisted of Bryce Cartwright. Latu. And then he wanted Norman? And it also seems to consist of Will Matthews? Keegan Hipgrave who's done nothing to earn a new contract. I don't know...I'm just running out of patience that's all.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 04-08-18 at 09:00 PM.

His team consisted of Bryce Cartwright. Latu. And then he wanted Norman? And it also seems to consist of Will Matthews? Keegan Hipgrave who's done nothing to earn a new contract. I don't know...I'm just running out of patience that's all.
    If you're running out of patience already then IMO your expectations were unrealistic and you're destined to be disappointed mate.

Teams don't rebuild in one season and none of us like a poor performance but trying to find a way to make everything that goes wrong the coaches fault isn't going to accelerate the process

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    If you're running out of patience already then IMO your expectations were unrealistic and you're destined to be disappointed mate.

Teams don't rebuild in one season and none of us like a poor performance but trying to find a way to make everything that goes wrong the coaches fault isn't going to accelerate the process
    cool story bro

cool story bro
    Sorry mate Garth Brennan's fault again - he made me type it
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 04-08-18 at 09:34 PM.

More power to you mate

Sorry mate Garth Brennan's fault again - he made me type it
    Man don't get me wrong, I'm sick of blaming the coach too but who else do we blame? I just don't....aren't you at least frustrated? Not being an fwit..we're all keen supporters here. But god damn I'm sick of this team putting in peaheart performances like that....especially in Round 20 of the competition. Where is the improvement? We are supposedly building a team but today we played like we've never played together before. How long do we have to wait?

Man don't get me wrong, I'm sick of blaming the coach too but who else do we blame? I just don't....aren't you at least frustrated? Not being an fwit..we're all keen supporters here. But god damn I'm sick of this team putting in peaheart performances like that.
    100% bro of course and the coach absolutely has to cop a load of it, from preparation, to performance, to recruitment and a whole lot more. I guess my view is that there are things in the game that no amount of coaching can dictate or prevent, and that we don't really have the roster currently to be competitive either if we're talking big picture.

Tonight we were absolutely horrible and it's not good to watch by any stretch but I completely expected performances like this to spring up during the year (even this late)..as did I expect us to put in some performances like we did last week vs the Warriors..my points is that I don't get too worked up week-to-week when all we're really experiencing is the expected inconsistency from a poor roster and a rookie coach at the start of a rebuild. In twelve months time I may be entirely on your side of the fence mate, time will tell!