Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    As much of an ATay fan I am, I think it's time he gets a stint in QCup not only to find some form but to show that his recent performances on the sort of money he's on is unacceptable and he needs to man up.

I read on another forum somewhere that LG's long run of awesomeness in QCup came to an end on the weekend (or last weekend). Can someone here fill me in on what they may have meant? Bad game or injury?
    Are you looking for a "bad game" response?
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    He's training but they are saying they won't risk him if he's not 100%.

- - - Updated - - -

Cartwright has a broken hand.
    Thanks scoop, of course I know that but they aren’t long injuries. He’d be very close now to returning.

QLD Cup

I read on another forum somewhere that LG's long run of awesomeness in QCup came to an end on the weekend (or last weekend). Can someone here fill me in on what they may have meant? Bad game or injury?
    Scored in the 74th minute so doubt it was injury. Team got beat convincingly though so perhaps he didn't have such a great game. Doesn't matter regardless, Garth won't ever pick him again. He can't now. If he brings him back and he plays the house down then Garth has egg on his face. If he comes back and fails then people say why did he ever bring him back.

The few weeks left in the season are going to be interesting. Brennan keeps saying over and over that we will be a better team at the end of the season than at the start, but in my opinion they have a long way to go. I personally think we were better at the start APART FROM his recruits he brought in. The were all pathetic, but he put that down to forming combinations. I hope we can turn things around.

When LG originally got dropped, I thought it would be short vacation to QCUP.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Thanks scoop, of course I know that but they aren’t long injuries. He’d be very close now to returning.
    Hahaha didn't that airline go bust? OK, Ponga could probably play but it's kind of a "it's just the Titans we don't need to risk him kind of vibe". He's looking at Rd 20-21.

Cartwright is looking at Round 20 before his hand has healed.

Are we changing the name of the thread or are we just living with this?

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Are we changing the name of the thread or are we just living with this?
    Oh WHOOPS.

I'll fix it.

Was wondering why people were talking about Ponga.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Oh WHOOPS.

I'll fix it.

Was wondering why people were talking about Ponga.
    Mid season transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Are you looking for a "bad game" response?
    No, I honestly wasn't. Hearing of LG tearing it up week in week out in Qcup got me a little excited to the point where I was actually interested to see how he might go if he were to given another crack at first grade. As surprising as it might sound to some of you, just because some of us were calling for his head two months ago doesn't mean we outright hate the guy forever and want him to fail. We wanted him to find some form (shock horror) and it sounds like he's done just that. Good on him I say.

Rep Player

No, I honestly wasn't. Hearing of LG tearing it up week in week out in Qcup got me a little excited to the point where I was actually interested to see how he might go if he were to given another crack at first grade. As surprising as it might sound to some of you, just because some of us were calling for his head two months ago doesn't mean we outright hate the guy forever and want him to fail. We wanted him to find some form (shock horror) and it sounds like he's done just that. Good on him I say.
    Now would be the time to bring him on seeing as we arent going to be playing finals footy. Whatever Brennans long term plan is he need to start implementing it. I would love to see LG off the bench as a utility to spark tiring defences but alas I fear he is already lost so they wont give him game time

Next time we drop anyone to QCUP, let's make sure we do an exceptional job monitoring their form.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    Now would be the time to bring him on seeing as we arent going to be playing finals footy. Whatever Brennans long term plan is he need to start implementing it. I would love to see LG off the bench as a utility to spark tiring defences but alas I fear he is already lost so they wont give him game time
    Same, I like that idea tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    I would love to see LG off the bench as a utility to spark tiring defences but alas I fear he is already lost so they wont give him game time
    That's a more realistic hope.

two things i wonder with LG -

1. there was talk about some misbehaviour earlier in the year and he hasn't been sighted since. is there a chance we are just waiting for his contract to expire so as not to draw too much attention a la manly and Jackson Hastings.

2. if he is dead to Brennan, is Brennan not bringing him back at the risk of him starring and then Brennan looking silly for not resigning someone who is playing well?

just conspiracy theories for sure, but form doesn't seem to be the lone factor in selection or non selection so thought i might speculate

To be honest, I think it’s time Taylor was dropped for a change. Hasn’t been performing as well as we all know he can of late and him being dropped for a week or two might help him. I also think we should bring in Cooper. No better time than now since we’re playing the Knights. In saying this, I’d go with this team:

1. Gordon
    2. Don
    3. Sami
    4. Lee
    5. Cooper
    6. Brimson
    7. Elgey
    8. Wallace
    9. Peats
    10. James
    11. Proctor
    12. Hipgrave
    13. Arrow

14. Rein
    15. Fotuaika
    16. Stockwell
    17. Latu

Might as well try and get as prepared for next season as we can be. This ones gone anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    two things i wonder with LG -

1. there was talk about some misbehaviour earlier in the year and he hasn't been sighted since. is there a chance we are just waiting for his contract to expire so as not to draw too much attention a la manly and Jackson Hastings.

2. if he is dead to Brennan, is Brennan not bringing him back at the risk of him starring and then Brennan looking silly for not resigning someone who is playing well?

just conspiracy theories for sure, but form doesn't seem to be the lone factor in selection or non selection so thought i might speculate
    That is the thing with being a fan, we don't get to hear the conversations and see the training sessions. If Elgey has shown Brennan that he is not a player that is willing to work with the coach then it makes the coaches decision for him. I am not saying that this is the case but for the club to not offer him a new deal speaks to more than form issues in my opinion...