Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Keegan Hipgrave fails concussion test, will miss Gold Coast’s clash with Roosters
    https://www.couriermail.com.au/

THE Titans have been dealt another setback ahead of Sunday’s clash with the Roosters, with enforcer Keegan Hipgrave ruled out of the showdown.

The Gold Coast will be without their first-choice forward pack yet again, after aggressive workhorse Hipgrave failed to pass a concussion test.

The former Broncos under-20s gun suffered a head knock last week against his former club and has failed to recover in time for the Titans’ must-win match at Cbus Super Stadium today.

Will Matthews is expected to move into the starting side to replace Hipgrave, while Morgan Boyle or Leilani Latu will come onto the bench.

After last week losing Jarrod Wallace and Jai Arrow to Origin duties, it’s another test for the club’s forward depth against the Roosters.

But Arrow said despite the continual setbacks, the Gold Coast have not given up on their finals hopes.

The side’s disappointing 34-0 loss to the Broncos saw the Titans slip eight points outside the top eight, and they now need a miracle to play in this year’s finals series given how competitive the race to September has become.

Arrow is confident the club have that ability, even if they must turn around their fortunes immediately.

“That’s what this entire group has been about this year,” he said of the belief in the club.

“When (coach) Garth (Brennan) came to the club he told us we’re the Titans of new, not the Titans of old. He wanted us to be a team that never gave up and a team that always believed. I think we are.

“We’re starting to build combinations there that I think can go on for the future. We just need to go back, enjoy our footy and hopefully that rolls onto the field and we are chasing the finals.”

There is no denying the Titans have a tough run over the next eight weeks, starting with today’s clash with the Roosters.

They will also come up against the Warriors, Panthers and Storm, who are all sitting in the top eight, and will finish their season against the Cowboys, who will be pushing to send retiring playmaker Johnathan Thurston out on a high note.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Inactive User

Matthews is cooked as an NRL player. Play Boyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Matthews is cooked as an NRL player. Play Boyle.
    He'll be fine today, Keegan can't poke him the eye again

Titans’ depth further tested with loss of vigorous forward
    http://www.couriermail.com.au

THE Titans have been dealt another setback ahead of today’s clash with the Roosters, with enforcer Keegan Hipgrave ruled out of the showdown.

The Gold Coast will be without their first-choice forward pack yet again, after aggressive workhorse Hipgrave failed to pass a concussion test.

The former Broncos under-20s gun suffered a head knock last week against his former club and has failed to recover in time for the Titans’ must-win match at Cbus Super Stadium today.

Will Matthews is expected to move into the starting side to replace Hipgrave, while Morgan Boyle or Leilani Latu will come on to the bench.

After last week losing Jarrod Wallace and Jai Arrow to Origin duties, it’s another test for the club’s forward depth against the Roosters.

But Arrow said despite the continual setbacks, the Gold Coast had not given up on their finals hopes.

The side’s disappointing 34-0 loss to the Broncos saw the Titans slip eight points outside the top eight, and they now need a miracle to play in this year’s finals series given how competitive the race to September has become.

Arrow is confident the club have that ability, even if they must turn around their fortunes immediately.

“That’s what this entire group has been about this year,” he said of the belief in the club.

“When (coach) Garth (Brennan) came to the club he told us we’re the Titans of new, not the Titans of old. He wanted us to be a team that never gave up and a team that always believed. I think we are.

“We’re starting to build combinations there that I think can go on for the future. We just need to go back, enjoy our footy and hopefully that rolls on to the field and we are chasing the finals.”

The Titans have a tough run over the next eight weeks, starting with today’s clash with the Roosters.

They will also play the Warriors, Panthers and Storm, who are all sitting in the top eight, and will finish their season against the Cowboys, who will be pushing to send retiring playmaker Johnathan Thurston out on a high note

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

I personally don't see Hipgrave as much of a loss tbh...

Overrated by many on here I think. He is no Greg Bird, let's not kid ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post

No Greg Bird but credit to a bloke in his first year. He's a hard man and tries his heart out.

Apparently Cronk hasn't flown up and Arrow is in some doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Hopes up and cut down in one sentence. Still that's got to be a net plus.

I'm headed down to the game soon.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I’ve noticed over the years that opposition being weakened does not tend to favour our chances of winning. In fact our boilovers seem to be when we have nothing in our favour.

It’s old news but I cannot believe Brennan offered up Wallace and Arrow not playing last week as an excuse when The Drongoes had 7 top 17 players out for various reasons. It’s embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post

Hipgrave is one the few which has a solid dig each week, he is still young and has a lot to learn, but I have no doubt he could be of a same mould as Birdy in years to come. It's not often you find a yound fella willing to go to battle against the big boys, he tried to take on Thaiday and Lodge last week, wish half our team had the same passion.

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Hipgrave is one the few which has a solid dig each week, he is still young and has a lot to learn, but I have no doubt he could be of a same mould as Birdy in years to come. It's not often you find a yound fella willing to go to battle against the big boys, he tried to take on Thaiday and Lodge last week, wish half our team had the same passion.
    I've been very very frustrated with him lately. But this line of thinking does appeal.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Yeah these are my thoughts exactly. He's one of two players in our squad that every time they have played this year they have given 110%. The other sounds like he won't be playing today either. Could be another grim day.

I don't care that Keegan gives a few penalties away, he's a wrecking ball and he sizes up to anyone. Who wouldn't want to play with that guy on your side.

Hearing Mitchell Tedesco are out

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Hearing Mitchell Tedesco are out
    Yeas they are, they dropped out of the team list in the last update 24 hrs ago.

- - - Updated - - -

We lost Arrow, I think it was a cork. He didn't finish the captains run yesterday.