Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Too bloody right JB although I'm sure you meant good spelling or spelling well and we can start with Bodsie's capitalisation of 'education'. At the start of a sentence or when used as a proper noun such as the Department of Education but not in the generic sense of education which is a common noun.
    Love it.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Kiah looks a good prospect but if you're using scoring tries as a justification then TRD has his number and that's a huge no from me. In all seriousness though I have watched all of Tweed's football this year and whilst Kiah looks to have some real upside, I don't think he's ready quite yet. Can play but not really comparable to Pearson/Staggs and what they showed in the ISC (in using your Broncos example)
    Yeah it's a big no from me on TRD too. I think Cooper adds a lot more in terms of ball carrying though. He runs hard and straight, which neither of our present wingers do. I'd agree in saying that he's not quite ready too, but what else do we do? Just keep plugging away with the same formula?

Don is getting very cumbersome in his play. He gives up soft tackles and rarely seems to back himself to score these days. Sami in my opinion needs dropping to give him a wake up call. He seems to take it for granted that he's in the team. I remember reading an article at the start of the season where he said he endeavours to touch the ball 20 times within a game. I'd like to see the stats over the past month or so because I doubt that is still the case.

Immortal

For me Tyrone Roberts-Davis has earned another shot he has been good for Burleigh.

20 ball touches a game, that stat must include having a scratch....

I think that 1st years should be managed better. Give them a few games then rest and promote. They're only wingers. Promotes competition too.

Here's hoping the Roosters show us no respect and rest their origin players this week.

Issue we face is now that we are "no hope of making the finals" what does our team do for the last 8 rounds?

Can someone please explain to me why Sami should be dropped? In my eyes he has been solid or above average in most games this year. Yesterdays stats were 18 hitups for 130m, with 8 tackle busts as well. Yes he's still got some things to work on but he's only young and he's still performing well enough to stay in the side.

I reckon, we may trouble the Roosters. We have given them a few black eyes and scares over the years, unfortunately it was more common in the earlier years though. And you never know what Titans side may show up. Hopefully Taylor comes back strong and we will have our two origin boys returning to the side.

I'd like to see LG given a shot, I think he has earned it, but I think it is right that he is an attractive signing for Super League or even another NRL club.

Record against the Chooks stands at 17 games, 9 wins for Roosters, 8 wins for Titans.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Can someone please explain to me why Sami should be dropped? In my eyes he has been solid or above average in most games this year. Yesterdays stats were 18 hitups for 130m, with 8 tackle busts as well. Yes he's still got some things to work on but he's only young and he's still performing well enough to stay in the side.
    I thought he was one of the players who had a dig on Sunday.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Also a reminder, tickets are 50% off this Sunday for seats in Steel Premium and Steel. Code word is GCTSYD.

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows...spx?sh=TIT1818

QLD Cup

The stat's read okay Bundy, perhaps some of the criticism (including that from myself) is a little unjust. Although the stats don't mean everything. His carries into the line are still soft because he is skipping around metres away from contact. Nene was another that did/ still does it and there was plenty of comments made about him in regards to that part of his game as well.

I'm definitely not saying that this is the end of the road for Sami because I genuinely rate him as a player and at the start of the season I was one of the ones singing his praises. I just think he needs a couple of weeks in QCup to work on that aspect of his game - get him used to running hard into the line against (slightly) smaller opposition - get his confidence back up. It looks to me like the week in, week out aspect of NRL is beginning to wear on him a little. The opportunity can be used to give one of the other younger ones a crack at first grade, so they can see what its all about.

I would expect his stats to look good when the Broncos completed their sets and we were playing out of our own 10 for the start of nearly every set. He lost me with the amount of basic mistakes he made in the Rabbits and Bulldogs game. I'm not for one minute saying get rid of him out of the roster as I think we made that mistake with Nene and look at him now. I'm saying he needs to be managed better. Playing your first year in the top level is going to take it's toll on your body.

Lets hope Mitchell has a blinder on Wednesday night scores the match winner & is named Man of the Match & is too hung over to come to the Coast on Sunday because he will destroy Koni if he's selected, Hurrell looks like a park player that's good for 5 minutes game time....too much Social media
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Lets hope Mitchell has a blinder on Wednesday night scores the match winner & is named Man of the Match & is too hung over to come to the Coast on Sunday because he will destroy Koni if he's selected, Hurrell looks like a park player that's good for 5 minutes game time....too much Social media
    Let's hope that Cordner makes the line break, offloads to Tedesco, who then draws and passes to Mitchell for a combined Man of the match and series so they're all too hungover to back up on the Sunday.

Let's hope that either:

a. the Queensland side grows a huge pair, takes the NSWailers head on, smashes them into oblivion and they are all too sore or scared to play, or
    b. the Titans team all remember that they are paid to play competitive rugby league, grow a huge pair and put Les Coqs to the sword.
    Last edited by Titanic; 10-07-18 at 08:44 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I agree that Sami seems to getting a little too much heat.

first year player, who maybe set too high an expectation with a couple of gangbuster efforts in first 4-5 weeks.

He is the least of our problems in my opinion. I thought he was one of the only guys running hard on weekend. He is far from perfect, but is doing a reasonable job while he learns the trade in first grade. i also have no problems if he got rested for a week or two to come back and smash the last 6 weeks with a fresh view as well.

Copley out for the rest of the year. Koni better get fit, fast.