Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I think he said he doesn't want to blame not having origin players against the Broncos and pretty much blamed the refs yesterday. When you start getting your ass handed to you by the bunker and then a forward pass leading to a try and refs that won't give the captain the time of day and actually let play start when the captain is questioning the ref I'd say there are plenty of reasons for any side not to turn up.

I sit there watching some of these calls and wonder what would happen if we just walked off the field as a team? If the refs aren't going to give you a fair game then don't give them a game. Let the NRL and refs deal with those headlines for a few weeks.

I come to work and I listen to peoples remarks about us getting robbed and I ask them, "Do you realise what this does to a club like ours? The most die hard fans on the forums want to walk away from the game, dedicated contributors want to give up on keeping track of our junior development because of trash like this. People on social media mock the game that they have loved so much due to these "bad calls" but we'll see the same stuff next week. It rocks to the heart of a small club like ours and yet the Roosters, with all their money and solidarity, get to go on swimmingly and claim a win that isn't rightfully theirs. The NRL may or may not say they got it wrong but it doesn't matter, damage was done on the field and flows on to off field when people walk away."
    A+

i also wonder if James just says screw this, you don't want to play fair then we out... but it would just make it worse for him and the club... but i do think he would be entitled to do it sometimes and would love to see the NRL deal with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    A+ possibly your best ever post.

i also wonder if James just says screw this, you don't want to play fair then we out... but it would just make it worse for him and the club... but i do think he would be entitled to do it sometimes and would love to see the NRL deal with it.

Inactive User

^^^ Gus Gould once told his Penrith team to walk off the field at Brookvale and the players elected to keep playing and suck it up.

JB back to your post which I wholeheartedly agree with except I believe when a coach says “it’s no excuse but.....” well in my mind he’s making excuses.

JB, that last paragraph of your post should be sent to the NRL and copied into the Titans ... couldn't agree more!
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    JB, that last paragraph of your post should be sent to the NRL and copied into the Titans ... couldn't agree more!
    Agreed

I come to work and I listen to peoples remarks about us getting robbed and I ask them, "Do you realise what this does to a club like ours? The most die hard fans on the forums want to walk away from the game, dedicated contributors want to give up on keeping track of our junior development because of trash like this. People on social media mock the game that they have loved so much due to these "bad calls" but we'll see the same stuff next week. It rocks to the heart of a small club like ours and yet the Roosters, with all their money and solidarity, get to go on swimmingly and claim a win that isn't rightfully theirs. The NRL may or may not say they got it wrong but it doesn't matter, damage was done on the field and flows on to off field when people walk away."
    This is absolutely true. You nailed it sir.

We are already IN, but for people on the outside looking in at our club. I'm not sure many people would be willing to make that leap.

I guess that is why our Membership Promo for 2018 looked like this...

Smile guys.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

This is how I feel as a Titan fan.

Reference: https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/hide-the-pain-harold

Hide The Pain Harold, also simply referred to as "Harold" or "Maurice" is the nickname given to a senior stock photography model whose facial expression appears to indicate suppressed pain and/or discomfort.

Last edited by DIEHARD; 16-07-18 at 03:53 PM.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

"However, once it touched the ground it constituted a knock on and should have been ruled that way."

The referees' boss has given his verdict on that supposed 33rd minute try.

Roosters offer mixed views on Bunker blunder try
    http://www.titans.com.au

Even the Sydney Roosters players are a little confused over whether teammate Sean O'Sullivan scored a try in his first NRL game, with winger Danial Tupou confessing it was "a lucky one".

As the Roosters were collecting their bags from the Sydney airport baggage carousel on Monday after arriving home from the 20-12 win over the Gold Coast, NRL referees boss Bernard Sutton was ruling that the 33rd-minute should have been disallowed.

He said the officials had determined that because the ball slid down the goal post behind O'Sullivan, it had been knocked backward. That was the position Roosters coach Trent Robinson maintained on Sunday in the post-match press conference and again to reporters on Monday.

"However, once it touched the ground it constituted a knock on and should have been ruled that way," Sutton said.

It had no bearing on the final result, but the controversy raged. Roosters players seemed to be having a bet each-way 24 hours after the match.

"I reckon it was a lucky try, meaning that we'd never seen one like that," Tupou told NRL.com.
    "Again I'm happy it got the green light because of the occasion – it was his debut and it was a close game."

Five-eighth Luke Keary wants a closer look at the replays again.

"I don't know, I haven't watched it back," Keary said on Monday. "But just from looking at it on the big screen we thought it was a try. I'd have to watch it back I reckon."

Lock Isaac Liu was willing to pass the judgment to higher authorities.

"Well the refs called it and I thought he did re-gather it," he said. "But it's on the refs – they called it."

Liu was firm in the belief of the win's significance – an away match with five key players out and three debutants in the line-up.

"Definitely it was a good win for us. We trained well and we wanted to play that Roosters footy even with the new boys in there and they did well," he said.

"It was crazy with all three [debutants] scoring tries. ... I was thinking 'Man this is a good win here'. All three scoring was pretty special."

Sutton also gave his version of events on a separate ruling that had Sea Eagles fans up in arms, when backrower Joel Thompson was ruled offside in the 14-13 loss to Storm on Saturday.

Sutton said the officials had made the correct call.

He said the ball travelled forward off Trent Hodkinson to Thompson, who was in an offside position. Thompson deliberately played at the ball from an offside position.

"So it was a correct decision to award a penalty to the Storm," Sutton said.

Sutton also said the passes leading to tries by Poasa Faamausili [Roosters] and Suliasi Vunivalu [Storm} - that many felt were forward - were "judgment calls" made in real time with the officials in good positions to rule.

"It had no bearing on the result".......thanks, not sure about that but I guess we can all move on and live happily ever after.

#we are all Harold

(had to add spaces or it looked like "we a real Harold" and that's just confusing.)

Rep Player

"It had no bearing on the result".......thanks, not sure about that but I guess we can all move on and live happily ever after.

#we are all Harold

(had to add spaces or it looked like "we a real Harold" and that's just confusing.)
    Even if it did have a bearing on the game it makes sweet FA difference as it wouldnt change the result. Nah lets just let the bunker and refs shamble on to the next monumental stuff up and then when a team gets jipped in the finals ole toddy will just shrug and the wheel of **** will continue to roll on. Not good enough if there is a dropped to QCup for video referees then those in charge last night needs to be dropped to manning speed cameras

Well that solves that ... not at all, just add the other atrocities to it then weigh-up whether it made a difference or not.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Just looking forward to a good entertaining game being played at Home at some stage this year. Even visiting teams of late have been playing woeful footy at CBUS. Feel for those that turn up every home game and have to sit through that.

- - - Updated - - -

Can blame the Officials for their bad calls, but we can't pin our poor performance on them.