Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Default Round 18: TITANS v ROOSTERS

TITANS v Roosters
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

We are no chance of making finals, why not give Kane a chance to earn a contract, AJ lacks the playmaking abilities needed when ash fades out of games, and is being groomed as a FB so why not either put him there now and move Gordon to centre or wing, or have him come of the bench like Qld did with ponga and maybe abit of hooker let him develop as a FB in q cup

Being a glutton for punishment I'll probably go down the M1 again. Hope our Origin boys come through ok. Won't be an easy game. Don't really know what the answer is. Just hope the right team shows up with the right attitude. Agree with comments that we should begin to experiment for the remainder of 2018.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

AJ should be warming into his game now after 6-8 games or whatever, but instead his initial physicality in Defence is waning, and his limitations in attack are showing.

And if we are thinking he is a fullback...im worried about that now as well. He has average pace as far as i can tell for a back, nothing electric and not a lot of lateral movement or stepping ability. he'll just run it back hard with his robust little frame.

LG is likely not the answer, despite my affection for him so we are up for a 5/8th AND a FB in the next 2-3 years

Inactive User

If LG isn’t selected and given a chance for a contract this week then that will probably be it for me with Brennan and Annesley. To not find a spot shows me he’s a poor judge and I don’t want a poor judge that doesn’t support local talent as Coach.

Can't have a team full of locals and the position he fills is filled by local juniors. If you haven't caught on yet, LG won't be here next year.

Hopefully with a classy forward pack next year we can lay a platform for our halfs to play good football. Obviously Copley is out (maybe for the season), Hurrell gets his spot back by default. I'd give Sami a rest and see what our other outside backs do with that opportunity. Does anyone want to grab the opportunity with both hands and shine or are they all in holiday mode on the Gold Coast?

Inactive User

JB I’ll be digging in for LG to the end. The guy is a genius.....Brennan on the other hand...

Didn't think I'd change your mind Bods. Can't expect miracles from a coach in his first year. Tis the burden we bear# being Gold Coasters.

# http://www.queens-english-society.co...r-bare-with-me

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Didn't think I'd change your mind Bods. Can't expect miracles from a coach in his first year. Tis the burden we bear# being Gold Coasters.

# http://www.queens-english-society.co...r-bare-with-me
    Ha ha read your link
    Thanks for the Education
    I’m going to be grumpy for a while so all forum members read my posts with a huge amount of indifference is my recommendation. The Drongoes at home match is the most important regular season game to me.
    I’m salty.

Titanic is always watching. If there's one thing I get out of this site it's a respect for correct English. And spelling good.

#triggerTitanic

Inactive User

I never name teams in here but I want to this week as I’m not a happy camper
    This is the Bods team assuming that Copley is out

Brimson
    Gordon
    Lee
    Hurrell
    Don
    LG
    Taylor
    Mo
    Peats
    Wallace
    Proctor
    James
    Arrow

Stockwell
    Boyle
    Hipgrave
    Simpkins

Do it Brennan! Swallow your pride and listen to me. Please!!
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 09-07-18 at 10:56 AM.

QLD Cup

I'd bring Elliot in over Koni. He looks like he is going pretty good for Tweed. He can actually defend too. I'd also give Kiah Cooper a run. Despite Don having his best game of the year, it's time for youth. Look what Brisbane young team did to us.

Cooper has been scoring every week, or at least every other week for Tweed. Both the wingers that we have been persisting with are too soft. Despite the fact I was a massive fan, I think that its time Sami skipped his way back to QCup. Bods I'd keep Hipgrave in the back row too. James can play there anymore. I'd prefer Matthews over Simpkins too.

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    I'd bring Elliot in over Koni. He looks like he is going pretty good for Tweed. He can actually defend too. I'd also give Kiah Cooper a run. Despite Don having his best game of the year, it's time for youth. Look what Brisbane young team did to us.

Cooper has been scoring every week, or at least every other week for Tweed. Both the wingers that we have been persisting with are too soft. Despite the fact I was a massive fan, I think that its time Sami skipped his way back to QCup. Bods I'd keep Hipgrave in the back row too. James can play there anymore. I'd prefer Matthews over Simpkins too.
    Kiah looks a good prospect but if you're using scoring tries as a justification then TRD has his number and that's a huge no from me. In all seriousness though I have watched all of Tweed's football this year and whilst Kiah looks to have some real upside, I don't think he's ready quite yet. Can play but not really comparable to Pearson/Staggs and what they showed in the ISC (in using your Broncos example)

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Titanic is always watching. If there's one thing I get out of this site it's a respect for correct English. And spelling good.

#triggerTitanic
    Too bloody right JB although I'm sure you meant good spelling or spelling well and we can start with Bodsie's capitalisation of 'education'. At the start of a sentence or when used as a proper noun such as the Department of Education but not in the generic sense of education which is a common noun.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

LG is worth 500K plus in the Superleague, Id say there is no chance of him being around next season so no need to play him in the top squad anymore
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]