Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    I think Sami tries hard but isn't he too slow to be a winger?
    have we seen him in space? i dont think we really have seen him open up but i think he is adequate without being in Val Holmes / Ado Carr Territory.

actually from memory - i feel like he BURNT GAS and chased the piss out of someone form tigers last week. was lightning is i recall - maybe someone else can step in on this

Inactive User

I don’t have any massive issues with Sami accept I have a total obsession with wanting us to have a 1679 Of AJ/LG/Taylor/Peats and as a flow on of that it means Gordon goes to the wing meaning Sami probably makes way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I don’t have any massive issues with Sami accept I have a total obsession with wanting us to have a 1679 Of AJ/LG/Taylor/Peats and as a flow on of that it means Gordon goes to the wing meaning Sami probably makes way.
    we are getting miles of track here, but if this is just to try some people, why not move Sami to centre instead of out of team. he is a centre long term anyways probably, and he played 4 games there last year i think. Copley is injured, Koni unfit.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    we are getting miles of track here, but if this is just to try some people, why not move Sami to centre instead of out of team. he is a centre long term anyways probably, and he played 4 games there last year i think. Copley is injured, Koni unfit.
    Don’t have a problem with that at all, Sami at under 20s level was predominantly a Centre and Lee/Hurrell both have issues especially with defence and basic concentration.

Will Matthews needed to be flicked, not good enough for Q cup. Ash had a horror game, needs to step up.
    The NRL has some serious explaining to do about the quality of their Refs and Touchies. Totally fed up with being screwed over every week. Heads need to roll when it costs us members and supporters. We played like garbage, but yet the refs still find ways to make us look even worse. I reckon Brennan might strip some paint of the NRL walls with his call to Greenburg.

The reffing was terrible, and the worst part about the refereeing is it gives Garth an excuse for losing, but the fact is if we even just execute the basics like running and tackling hard we win that game regardless of some of the calls. Ash is starting to play like Hayne, looks like he wants to sook and go back to the Broncos, should be stamping his authority on games and forcing his way into the Qld side. Just hope we've chosen the right half in the long term out of Kane and ash

Cruel end to finals bid
    http://www.gcbulletin.com.au

THE Titans’ are now playing for pride after their slim mathematical chances of making the NRL finals all but disappeared following a 20-12 loss to a severely undermanned Roosters side whose three debutants all crossed for tries.

In another match dominated by penalties and referee decisions, the Roosters were awarded a contentious try despite Sean O’Sullivan seeming to knock the ball on after a desperate one-on-one strip by Jarrod Wallace.

O’Sullivan, one of four debutants in last night’s match – along with teammates Paul Momirovski and Poasa Faamausili and Gold Coast front-rower Jai Whitbread, who came in for injured Origin front-rower Jai Arrow – put his head in his hands when he grounded the ball, believing he had not scored.

But in a baffling decision that eventually shut the Titans out of the game, the bunker awarded the try, ruling no knock-on.

Titans coach Garth Brennan and captain Ryan James struggled to articulate their frustration at the decision without criticising referees.

“I thought the player was the best judge of what happened,” James said.

“He even knew that he hadn’t scored a try.”

Brennan refused to comment on the decision more than to say the bunker had made the decision.

“It’s very frustrating, it’s very frustrating,” Brennan said.

But Roosters coach Trent Robinson felt it was a try, agreeing with the bunker ruling that the player lost the ball into the goal pad and grounded the rebound.

With 18 penalties and two sin binnings – one for each side – the referees were at their pedantic best in a stopstart game that failed to flow for most of the match.

O’Sullivan’s try gave the Roosters a halftime lead and it was increased further when Faamausili scored in the 58th minute, although Jarrod Wallace cut the lead back to eight when he charged over shortly after.

Wallace was denied late in the match when Ryan James was deemed to have obstructed Jared Waerea-Hargreaves and while the Titans pushed late, it was ultimately their own errors that cost them a win that could have kept them in the finals hunt.

“If I was a coach that had a more senior roster that wasn’t aiming up I’d be worried,” Brennan said.

“I’ve never made a prediction about where we’re going to finish, I just want us to get better.

“It probably is very difficult for us to make the semis.

“Last week wasn’t acceptable, that was up there as disappointing as the Dragons game was.

“Last week we got what we got what we deserved but today we were better.”
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

TITANS’ FIVE BEST
    http://www.gcbulletin.com.au

JARROD WALLACE

Backed up superbly from Origin despite looking gassed early, almost sealing the win after scoring a try and having another denied. Ran for almost 100m, made 30 tackles and was tireless.

MOEAKI FOTUAIKA

Emerging as one of the Titans great success stories this season and scored his maiden NRL try last night. Made 107m and 33 tackles and again earnt praise from coach Garth Brennan for his efforts.

AJ BRIMSON

In his third game in seven days was outstanding, standing up to take pressure off Ash Taylor, who had another game to forget. With three tackle breaks, two offloads and one linebreak assist, showed he has plenty of strings to his bow. But his best asset may be his defence.

RYAN JAMES

The captain had yet another dependable game, making 123m and 35 tackles in an effort that has become as regular as clockwork. The effort by James after what would have been an emotional week in camp with the NSW Blues as 18th man was outstanding.

JAI WHITBREAD

May not have had the best stats or the flashiest plays but was solid in his NRL debut, just days after turning out for NSW in the under-20 Origin clash. Along with Fotuaika, Brimson and Phillip Sami, Whitbread is seen as the future of the club.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

A hyperthetical......The defending team has a man in the bin, the opposition are about to score and the defender strips the ball, the attacker regathers after knocking on (twice) and appears to score. Referee says to the bunker "check it, if no try defender was offside"..So bunker thinks if I don't award the try this defender is going to the bin and this team will be down to 11.

6 points versus ??

Yeah I know.....But that is what instantly came to mind when I heard the ref state Wallace was offside. Coz this bloke was going to score without Wallace there.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    A hyperthetical......The defending team has a man in the bin, the opposition are about to score and the defender strips the ball, the attacker regathers after knocking on (twice) and appears to score. Referee says to the bunker "check it, if no try defender was offside"..So bunker thinks if I don't award the try this defender is going to the bin and this team will be down to 11.

6 points versus ??

Yeah I know.....But that is what instantly came to mind when I heard the ref state Wallace was offside. Coz this bloke was going to score without Wallace there.
    yeah we definitely lose him to the bin if it wasn't a try

This year was always about building for the future. That's what Brennan has to focus on.

The good news is...if the refs weren't screwing up so much, this young side of ours would be winning more games. That's a good thing moving forward. Even through these hard to take robberies, if Brennan is a good coach he will be able to instill a lot of confidence in our young blokes and they will be stronger for it next year.

JMO, but i'm more than quietly looking forward to next year as well as the rest of this year. The finals are gone so now it's about character building and confidence bolstering from inside. We have a good crop of young players and all this experience can only be a good thing for next year.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    This year was always about building for the future. That's what Brennan has to focus on.

The good news is...if the refs weren't screwing up so much, this young side of ours would be winning more games. That's a good thing moving forward. Even through these hard to take robberies, if Brennan is a good coach he will be able to instill a lot of confidence in our young blokes and they will be stronger for it next year.

JMO, but i'm more than quietly looking forward to next year as well as the rest of this year. The finals are gone so now it's about character building and confidence bolstering from inside. We have a good crop of young players and all this experience can only be a good thing for next year.
    I tend to agree but.. He isn't trying anything new which frustrates me. If we don't see some changes this week after that awful performance, then we never will. He appears to be a very stubborn man - even in that last presser he eluded to the fact that nothing will change in the halves. He set the bar regarding standards earlier in the season but some players appear to be off limits and he plays favourites. There's no doubt that Ash could one day be a great player but we can't keep letting him play like that until he finds his groove again. Try something new.

The side isn't that young. Everyone is acting like they are Newcastle from the previous two years. Yes he's a young coach, but there's a lot of experience in that team. I think the biggest problem is he is selecting the wrong players.

I wouldn't change too much if I was Brennan. Bring Arrow and Hipgrave back. Drop Matthews. If Rein isn't signing for next year then get another forward on the bench (maybe Boyles cut will be healed up). Play the team we will be reliant on next year minus the likes of Peachey and possibly Roberts.

If we can't find a rhythm in the next 6 games then I hope they have pllan B.

Inactive User

Brennan last week blames Not having Wallace/Arrow when the Drongoes had 7 out and yesterday he uses we are a young team as an excuse when we lose to an incredibly depleted opposition.
    To me the following players from yesterday don’t fall into the “young category”
    Gordon, Don, Hurrell, Peats, James, Matthews, Proctor, Wallace, Stockwell, Latu, Rein.
    So 11 of the 17 are not young. I’m starting to lose it big time with this guy.
    He’s stubborn, he plays favourites, player development is minimal and possibly negative and he’s an excuse maker.
    Before this place goes into meltdown I’m not saying sack him I’m 12 months away from saying that I’m just expressing my concerns that get bigger by the week.

I think he said he doesn't want to blame not having origin players against the Broncos and pretty much blamed the refs yesterday. When you start getting your ass handed to you by the bunker and then a forward pass leading to a try and refs that won't give the captain the time of day and actually let play start when the captain is questioning the ref I'd say there are plenty of reasons for any side not to turn up.

I sit there watching some of these calls and wonder what would happen if we just walked off the field as a team? If the refs aren't going to give you a fair game then don't give them a game. Let the NRL and refs deal with those headlines for a few weeks.

I come to work and I listen to peoples remarks about us getting robbed and I ask them, "Do you realise what this does to a club like ours? The most die hard fans on the forums want to walk away from the game, dedicated contributors want to give up on keeping track of our junior development because of trash like this. People on social media mock the game that they have loved so much due to these "bad calls" but we'll see the same stuff next week. It rocks to the heart of a small club like ours and yet the Roosters, with all their money and solidarity, get to go on swimmingly and claim a win that isn't rightfully theirs. The NRL may or may not say they got it wrong but it doesn't matter, damage was done on the field and flows on to off field when people walk away."