Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Lol jeezus fella's, the predictable knee jerk was extra strong from the usuals after the full time siren.

Awful performance across the park and embarrassing doesn't even begin to explain it but the calls to sack the coach are even more embarrassing. He's inherited a roster of mediocrity with no endowed pride in the region, and has probably the most fickle fan base in the competition to try and ask for loyalty (yes I'm sorry lads but that's the reality of it and everyone else knows it). I'm as disappointed as everyone else but I think yesterday showed more than anything our lack of depth and desperate need for a creative 6. Atay has a shocker and we score no points, build no momentum, build no pressure and get overwhelmed across the park...go figure.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll add that I agree some recruitment and selection decisions have been woeful but we would expect this from a Rookie coach who didn't have a recruitment officer to support the list management for the first part of his tenure.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Lol jeezus fella's, the predictable knee jerk was extra strong from the usuals after the full time siren.

Awful performance across the park and embarrassing doesn't even begin to explain it but the calls to sack the coach are even more embarrassing. He's inherited a roster of mediocrity with no endowed pride in the region, and has probably the most fickle fan base in the competition to try and ask for loyalty (yes I'm sorry lads but that's the reality of it and everyone else knows it). I'm as disappointed as everyone else but I think yesterday showed more than anything our lack of depth and desperate need for a creative 6. Atay has a shocker and we score no points, build no momentum, build no pressure and get overwhelmed across the park...go figure.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll add that I agree some recruitment and selection decisions have been woeful but we would expect this from a Rookie coach who didn't have a recruitment officer to support the list management for the first part of his tenure.
    As always HS brilliant post. BUT-where are the calls to sack Brennan? I’m the most vocal in here at the moment I think and I’m not calling for his head, I’m just voicing frustration about a few things with him such as selection and lack of individual player improvement.
    Are there calls on other platforms outside of our forum?

Bodsie, no one explicitly said sack the coach but one can infer that this is where it is headed. Look at the posts on here mate. I could count the positive posts on one hand. Tiring.

@dools, HS, RJ and all those complaining about the complaining ... I completely agree with all your comments. The Forum is descending back into the doom and gloom of the pre-NRL ownership days but we are way ahead of those times ... sure we are playing poorly in patches but as supporters of the club, well in theory if you're on here you're one of those, then let's get some starch back into the Forum's backbone!

DH, it's about time the Forum group did something away from the internet to raise spirits ... any thoughts?

Ps. I think RJ may have pulled the pin judging by his last post and that's totally no good.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

I for one am not calling for Brennans head and I think he has done well in his first year.

I do however question why he continues to have 2 midget hookers on the field at the same time and it must have been for 60 minutes. Just crazy against a big and extremely mobile pack of forwards and we got owned by big time in failing to stop their forward momentum. Also Konrad's experiment as a forward was a complete flop as was expected.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    @dools, HS, RJ and all those complaining about the complaining ... I completely agree with all your comments. The Forum is descending back into the doom and gloom of the pre-NRL ownership days but we are way ahead of those times ... sure we are playing poorly in patches but as supporters of the club, well in theory if you're on here you're one of those, then let's get some starch back into the Forum's backbone!

DH, it's about time the Forum group did something away from the internet to raise spirits ... any thoughts?

Ps. I think RJ may have pulled the pin judging by his last post and that's totally no good.
    Titanic RJ has posted since he said “I’m out of here” anyway in the interest of positivity appeasement then That’s it I’m out of here.
    I’m banning myself for 24 hours until Noon Tomorrow so there can be a time of Kumbaya and gently hugging of our inner Dolphins.

See u at noon Tuesday

Just out of interest what would be correct forum protocol? Obviously when we win, people will be riding the win high and it's not a negative place. When we lose a good game we have a glass half empty (yes empty) type vibe. When we lose and we are terrible this is what we get. Isn't that just human nature of the supporter? We aren't coaching staff, what we say has no effect on what happens at the club.

I'm not sure what the forum would be like if people didn't give an opinion. I guess it would just be newspaper articles cut and pasted.

Do we start a "venting" thread for people to unload in incoherently etc and others to avoid if it's way off topic?

I'll get plenty of varying answers but there are a couple of Mods and some others that have a sense of ownership on this forum that I would be interested to hear from.

From my point of view, I enjoy reading the emotional posts as much as I like hearing the "intellectual" posts. If someone wants to put a coach on notice in their minds that's cool by me. If someone wants to tell me that the team has 5 years of pain ahead then so be it. If someone wants to tell me that we can challenge the 8 next year then cool bananas. Essentially we all agreed that we sucked yesterday. Some of us pointed out the positives (mofo etc) some of us are still more emotional. I for one just told a bloke to get out of my office because he's wearing a broncos hat, but I can also not judge the team and club on that performance.

nice post JB.

I agree that there should still be a balance of positive and negative, but with the mind on the overall picture.

So i think criticising performance yesterday should be fair game- it was really bad, but anyone going over board saying it shows Garth is no good, or the club is in crisis is going too far.

I have said recently that our roster is heading in right direction, the fact that we almost never mention the back office shows that we are in a much better place than previously, so it just leaves on field performance to discuss, and lately its been reasonably good with touches of inconsistency so i think its fair to discuss the good and bad as long as the players give us some good, and i dont even mean wins, just effort and signs of improvement.

If they cant show effort, like yesterday, what are supposed to say? i like Mitch Reins new haircut? Koni is wearing the extra Kg's well? AJ is making quite a few ineffective tackles, but gosh darn i love his gumption?

QLD Cup

I for one reserve the right to moan on this forum. Who else can I talk to about it? I have to share with those who feel the same pain ie people who can empathize. Sadly, we put a lot of emotional energy into following our team and when they play like yesterday I need to vent or explode!
    Comfort came from a fellow near me yesterday. "Don't worry mate, you could be following the Suns"

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    I for one reserve the right to moan on this forum. Who else can I talk to about it? I have to share with those who feel the same pain ie people who can empathize. Sadly, we put a lot of emotional energy into following our team and when they play like yesterday I need to vent or explode!
    Comfort came from a fellow near me yesterday. "Don't worry mate, you could be following the Suns"
    I agree with this and JB's and DB's posts as well. I have posted positively after the previous two away wins but yesterday's effort left me cold and there's just been too much of it over the last god knows how many years. Where we sit as members, the vacant seats were on Ticketek for over $70 and just feel for people who paid that sort of money to watch that yesterday. I'm certainly not one calling for the coach's head, nor was I with Neil Henry.
    I guess I'm just sick of the one step forward and two steps back that this club seems to be stuck in. I've never sat so mute at a game as yesterday, just nothing to get excited about from the outset.
    I think that might do me for a while.

I couldn't give a rats about what people write except when it is so repetitious that I just go missing for days hoping that whatever it is will just go away. In fact at game time it's pretty good reading at times ... the previous weeks it was all crap until we hit the front then the very same people were cock-a-hoop ... me included.

However, if you work through the boards you will see the same painful regaling negativity which in itself is not illegal on any level but in its insistence is hardly in the spirit of the thread that its being discussed in or the Forum itself. Perhaps JB's got a point, threads have a topic so perhaps there should be some attempt to stay on topic and general non-aligned venting pointed elsewhere ... more to the point though because I hate rules like that, I reckon members should respect each other at least to the extent we are on the same side without making it personal. Just saying and off topic myself

I enjoy reading everyone's views except on a day like yesterday when some people were trying to pull positives out of it. The only positive that I saw was Fotuiaka's performance. Otherwise, we were trash right across the park. Outplayed. Not good enough especially in front of our home crowd and especially against the Broncos. There is no sugarcoating it.

As for Brennan, when are we going to stop blaming every single coach for this team's gutless performances? This crap has been happening since the end of the Carty days so doesn't that tell you something? It stems further than the coach imo but we never really talk or hear about what goes on behind the scenes. I was speaking to my brother who is also a rugby league fan and when we were talking about us he said, "Do you even have a defensive coach?" It's been that way for years, yes even when Gilly was our defensive coach, remember?

Does the team lack drive and just refuse to do the hard yards when it comes to defending opposition's sets? Because that's the way it looks to me. On the odd occasion we'll turn up but that isn't good enough.

I am sorry for the rant but I am sick to death of this team putting in gutless performances like yesterday. It's not acceptable no matter how you look at it.

Inactive User

1B796BA5-C2D4-42B7-B873-107FCB0A4ECC.jpg

Come out of exile to say WTF
    It’s on the daily Tele and Courier Mail apps

It says if you can’t read it “do you think the Titans will be happy about this ? here’s Jarrod Wallace singing the Brisbane club song after the Titans got dusted 34-0 by big brother yesterday”

Returning to exile now till noon tomorrow

Commented elsewhere but should be fined a lot for such a disrespectful ... aaagh WTF!!!

crazy if true. Is the video already down?

Hope someone asks him the question
    Last edited by DavidBouveng; 09-07-18 at 07:31 PM.