Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rj62 View Post
    Supporter ?

Act like one..

Bye gents....I’m out
    I am. That's why I'm still going after 11 years.
    I just read back through the posts made during and after the game. You were giving it the team through the game and after it you changed tone to like "it's not so bad after all".
    Nothing wrong with a difference of views. Cheers Mate.

Inactive User

I think those of us that were at the game today are more gutted than those that weren’t and I think that’s reflected in our comments
    I find it deeply painful getting our pants pulled down by The Drongoes at Robina.
    They are the only supporter group that actively Death Troll our club and it’s our Derby and they are a Big End of Town club that takes our kids away at will.

It matters a lot this fixture. Hence the extra grumpiness from those of us that were there.

You’re right about that Bodsie. It seemed Keebra Park is in Brisbane according to the commentary.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I agree with Bodsie. As our season is over Drop AT to Qld Cup and bring LG into 7.

Is that what you said Bods??

Inactive User

The CM will print in its comments sections some pretty gross stuff about our club and players but I’ve found the CM Moderator won’t print straight forward corrections to the rubbish they let through. We are up against it in so many ways.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    I agree with Bodsie. As our season is over Drop AT to Qld Cup and bring LG into 7.

Is that what you said Bods??
    Shamus what are you on about man? I said he should find a spot for LG.
    I want to try out a 1679 Of AJ/LG/Tay/Peats with Gordon on the wing and Sami dropped
    Or 1679 of Gordon/AJ/Tay/Peats with LG utility and Rein dropped.

Are you trying to stir me up?? I’ve never said that.

Hey Bods I am LG fan. I just thought I would throw you to the wolves with my plan to get LG back into the team.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Hey Bods I am LG fan. I just thought I would throw you to the wolves with my plan to get LG back into the team.
    Cool well another option is to try 1679 of Gordon/LG/Tay/Peats with AJ utility and Rein dropped
    So I’ve outlined 3 possibilities but regardless FFS Brennan give LG a crack at it.

lol what a cluster. not going to bother reading much on here will just say two things, not sure if it has been covered.

hipgrave is a firebrand and that's good fun and all, but when he gets into a stink in the second minute, it distracts everyone in the team, and crowd, are all looking to see if its going to flair up again next set, then before we realise they score. it doesn't suit our grinding play.

and Holy Moly, is Kevin Walters glad he didn't select Ash. his failed kick for touch, and his frantic chase of that kick looked like someone had just forgot to apply the handbrake and their car was rolling away down the hill.... he was embarrassed and was the only one chasing that rubbish, and Peats gave him a mouthful after for making all the forwards chase have to defend instead of having a nice set in opposition half. He was pretty woeful today. Less said about Brimson the better.

And James looked buggered the poor fella. after a month of carrying us with herculean efforts, he looked spent trying to carry these numpties without Jai Arrow Wallace to provide at least some support.

2018 is officially over, so lets try a few things, play some kids, give LG another chance or two before the seasons gone to make 100% sure we are happy for him to walk, and even chuck AJ at one for some game time.

lastly... that's TWICE we have embarrassed poor Preston Campbell on a special day for him. his final game we needed to beat Parra to avoid the wooden spoon in his final year and we stunk it up, no heart, no effort and got smashed... and today we offered that to him. He deserves better

Inactive User

^^^^^ indeed Mr DB. I cannot fault that piece of writing from my perspective/opinion.

should say that i liked Koni's cameo.

He lifted the energy of the team and crowd and dug in with some good contact.

he then also helps cover back line injuries which helps. not in our best 17 perhaps, but i liked seeing him out there

Inactive User

^^^ I think Copley will be missing for a while so I’d dare say Konrad is back DB

Last nights game was one that you hoped no one watched and this morning you act like it didn’t happen at all.

Firstly what a great way to recognise Preston Campbell in naming the stand after him. The Legend game was a great spectacle and my kids loved it. Well done to the Titans staff for putting on a great day.

As for the footy well ..... did we have a game plan at all ? If we did I’m not really sure the boys executed it at all ? We leaked early try’s which did nothing for our confidence and Henry P kept the Broncos in the game. We were also our own worst enemy in making many unforced errors of which 3 clangers were by our $1 mil boy Taylor. Any excuse Taylor has in moot as you look at the was that Cleary is playing. Mo and Peats were the stand outs for me. Both played 80 mins and played really well.

The glaring issue we have is a complete lack of NRL standard player depth. We have gone to the cupboard this round and it was bare.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

I feel everyone’s pain, but the forum is getting pretty negative. Our team is inconsistent. Full stop. We win games we shouldn’t and we lose games we should win. The bottom line is that this frustrating habit of capitulation has Ben in our team for about 8 years. Not sure how to combat it. But as members, and most of us are, we need to be supportive. The club has just experienced one of its greatest changes in its history and we have a rookie coach. I agree with sentiment that Elgey needs to have another run, defence aside, he is light years ahead of Brimson in creativity. However calls for the coach to be sacked etc. is reactionary and futile. I think I’m going to have a break from the forum. I like discussion, but it needs to be balanced....

Inactive User

^^^ Dools nobody has called for him to be sacked. Not in here anyway. Has that been happening on Facebook?
    I haven’t read every post especially the ones during the game yesterday as I was at the game but that aside I’d be the one most critical for sure but I’m just questioning what he’s doing at the moment and am certainly not going after his head.
    I can’t see myself crossing the line and saying “sack Brennan” for another 12 months. If this time next year we are in a quagmire I can see it then starting to get real.

I think we just need to recognize the situation for what it is. A rookie coach with a team that doesn’t have a lot of depth. He’s made a few bad recruitment calls, to be sure. I just feel as though continuously reading negative comments about the team is tiring.