Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Immortal

One big difference to last year is the incredible strides in our junior development. In two or three years we will be up there with anyone in terms of junior development

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by rj62 View Post
    Did you, hand on heart think we would make the 8 this year?

And thanks for your recommendations , I’ m as calm as can be. Just a realist .
    No I didn’t have any top 8 expectations
    Today was a chance for there to be a glimmer of hope

But I don’t care about that
    What I care about is the Derby against The Drongoes regardless of whether we r first, 4th or last has always been precious right back to when I was a teen watching the Giants at Seagulls Stadium and today our fans came out in numbers and we were embarrassed.

The Drongoes players got the memo, our blokes didn’t. AGAIN.

We over the years have had some terrible lineups beat the Drongoes in all our different names and jerseys. It’s a special game.

I’m glad you are calm because I’m not, I’m spewing my guts up.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 08-07-18 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    No I didn’t have any top 8 expectations
    Today was a chance for there to be a glimmer of hope

But I don’t care about that
    What I care about is the Derby against The Drongoes regardless of whether we r first, 4th or last has always been precious right back to when I was a teen watching the Giants at Seagulls Stadium and today our fans came out in numbers and we were embarrassed.

The Drongoes players got the memo, our blokes didn’t. AGAIN.
    We did ok against them in April though .?

Inactive User

We did ok against them in April though .?
    That was a glorious night
    The drive home that night was a rare feeling of great satisfaction

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    One big difference to last year is the incredible strides in our junior development. In two or three years we will be up there with anyone in terms of junior development
    Great news as today was the classic example of a club without depth

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    That is of great comfort to hear mdrew
    That does help very much in me calming down
    Thanks mate

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    That was a glorious night
    The drive home that night was a rare feeling of great satisfaction
    Indeed, we’ve also done Canberra, Manly, Newcastle , Bulldogs and Tigers. Also a couple of 1 and 2 point losses thrown in.

When I think back to the end of last year and every single person predicted us to have the spoon easily, including many here.

The club was in chaos, we had no coach, no owners and seemingly no hope.

We’ve now got new committed owners, a coach who is highly regarded by many of his peers and who, don’t forget as being in charge for only 7 months. It’s hard to turn pig **** into a Rose, but I have all faith he will.

I have too. This is my bloody club , it’s always been my bloody club and will continue to be my bloody club.

This year isn’t over yet, there will be more changes ahead and we can all hope for the better. This club and team can do it, we’ve seen glimmers of it this year.
    There’s more to come.

Thanks for the dose of genuine optimism for the future mdrew.

And Mr Bods. That's how I feel. I really expect so much for our derby against the Broncos. As a spectacle and in terms of performance and heart. No matter where we are on the ladder. To be shut out is so humiliating.

On the plus side I got a $40 women's Ten Year heritage jersey.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 08-07-18 at 09:08 PM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Did you, hand on heart think we would make the 8 this year?

And thanks for your recommendations , I’ m as calm as can be. Just a realist .
    I certainly didn't expect to get flogged 34 points to zip at home this far into the season that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    I certainly didn't expect to get flogged 34 points to zip at home this far into the season that's for sure.
    I didn’t expect Melbourne to rack up over 50 point against the Dragons either.
    Funny game.

Doesn’t take away the fact being towelled up by those twats sucks.

The Proctor forward pass and James lost ball calls and, in my opinion , Hipgrave leaving the field led to the wheels falling off.
    That and appalling defence out wide.

Indeed, we’ve also done Canberra, Manly, Newcastle , Bulldogs and Tigers. Also a couple of 1 and 2 point losses thrown in.
    Yeah great. Every one of those clubs are well out of the eight. That performance today was as bad I've seen for a while. As someone else posted, Gordon, AJ, and Peats were the only ones giving something. As for the rest:
    James - back to his plodding uninspiring efforts. A coincidence that his few decent performances were the immediate lead up games to Origin?.
    Taylor - pathetic and playing nothing like the million bucks he is getting
    Sami - he must be a bloke that has negative post contact metres
    Matthews - said at the start of the year he is not NRL standard
    Hipgrave - we need an aggressive bloke like him but not someone as obviously thick. The refs always already have his number
    Latu - not worth any words
    Hurrell - already been said. Past it.

Yeah, like others I'm spewing about that garbage dished up today and despite your optimism RJ, the same thing happens year after year. If it's not one thing it's another. Will it ever change.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Yeah great. Every one of those clubs are well out of the eight. That performance today was as bad I've seen for a while. As someone else posted, Gordon, AJ, and Peats were the only ones giving something. As for the rest:
    James - back to his plodding uninspiring efforts. A coincidence that his few decent performances were the immediate lead up games to Origin?.
    Taylor - pathetic and playing nothing like the million bucks he is getting
    Sami - he must be a bloke that has negative post contact metres
    Matthews - said at the start of the year he is not NRL standard
    Hipgrave - we need an aggressive bloke like him but not someone as obviously thick. The refs always already have his number
    Latu - not worth any words
    Hurrell - already been said. Past it.

Yeah, like others I'm spewing about that garbage dished up today and despite your optimism RJ, the same thing happens year after year. If it's not one thing it's another. Will it ever change.

Being glass half empty, you missed the point.

Would you perhaps have preferred we lost those games to be bone motherless last so you can self righteously stand up and beat your chest and bellowing out ‘yeah......I see I told ya..’? Would that be a better situation ?

I think not .

Being glass half empty, you missed the point.

Would you perhaps have preferred we lost those games to be bone motherless last so you can self righteously stand up and beat your chest and bellowing out ‘yeah......I see I told ya..’? Would that be a better situation ?

I think not .
    No of course I didn't want to lose those games or any game. Don't be a goose.
    I made one comment about today's game and I have no desire to be an "I told ya" type. In fact I never thought we were a spoon chance this year and was hoping for a decent season. We have had some of that but efforts like today's need to be called out and there have a few to many of them this season.
    Don't question my loyalty mate, I've been a Titanium member since day 1 but if you want to see things through rose coloured glasses then go for it.
    I'll call it like it is - in my opinion of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    No of course I didn't want to lose those games or any game. Don't be a goose.
    I made one comment about today's game and I have no desire to be an "I told ya" type. In fact I never thought we were a spoon chance this year and was hoping for a decent season. We have had some of that but efforts like today's need to be called out and there have a few to many of them this season.
    Don't question my loyalty mate, I've been a Titanium member since day 1 but if you want to see things through rose coloured glasses then go for it.
    I'll call it like it is - in my opinion of course.
    Supporter ?

Act like one..

Bye gents....I’m out

RJ, I am 100% with you in perspective ... for sure that performance wasn’t anything short of atrocious but I think we came out ready to rip in, got the worst start through Hipgrave’s ‘red mist’ and when a few calls went against us they lost their way.

Brennan is playing with a bitsa squad and I agree with others that WTF Matthews, Latu and Rein are superfluous to our needs and that Taylor is underwhelming at the moment but there are too many experts backing him in to write him off although Joey wasn’t so supportive today. James has always been a plodder and his worst periods have always followed good press. MoFo really looked the part today and most of the others had a dig. We just got totally outplayed.

All in all we are in a better position now than over the last six years and in front of where I thought we’d be ... not ideal but not suicidal either. Even Bellamy had to build on an already successful roster.
    Last edited by Titanic; 08-07-18 at 09:57 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.