View Poll Results: How Many Medals Do you think Australia will win at the Commonwealth Games?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • 100 or more: C'mon we really are Number 1 here no one else has a chance

4 30.77%
  • 80-100: There is no competition but there are still individuals that can beat us

6 46.15%
  • 60-80: We are a chance of getting a swag, but we won't win them all

2 15.38%
  • 50-60: Lets be realistic and respect other nations who could beat us

0 0%
  • Less than 50: What is this just another Australian pride parade, get serious here

1 7.69%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Yep it was a great race.. GO JANA.. the local Girl has done us proud.. she is from Baulkham Hills Little Athletics Club..

AUSTRALIA will always love ya Jana.. just try to stay away from the media and you will be fine..

Also tonight...

EDIT: Congrats to Scott Martin winning Gold in the Discus

Loudy Tourky wins Gold in the 10m Individual Platform in the Diving

The Australian Womens Basketball team wins Gold against New Zealand

Heath Francis wins Gold in the Mens 200m for EAD T46- Athletes with a Disability

Today...

Lalita Yauhleuskaya wins gold in the 10m air pistol

Bruce Scott wins gold in the Open Bore Shooting

Chris Rae wins gold in the 105kg Class in the Weightlifting, Damon Kelly Silver

CONGRATS TO ALL OUR AUSSIES ON DOING THEIR COUNTRY PROUD AND GO AUSTRALIA... :win: :win: :win:

From sportal.com.au

1. Australia 64 55 50 168
    2. England 24 32 25 81
    3. India 19 12 8 39
    4. Canada 16 23 22 61
    5. South Africa 10 8 10 28
    6. Scotland 10 7 10 27
    7. Jamaica 5 2 4 11
    8. New Zealand 4 6 12 22
    9. Malaysia 3 4 7 14
    10. Kenya 3 3 5 11
    Last edited by Titanium_BD1103; 24-03-06 at 09:55 AM.

Titan Club Captain

We just got a silver in the 50k walk....forgot his name tho :o but aussie got the gold & bronze

Oooh and NZ got another Bronze too, cos they gave out two last night in the high jump..we got one...Angela someone lol...

0o0o0 also congrats to the tall ferns, i dont care we didnt win gold, but we gots silver so im happy

I think the womens hockey team(the black sticks) got a bronze too.

Titan CEO

When do the comm games end?

Titan Club Captain

The closing ceromony is on sunday i think.

Oh we also got a medal in the lawn bowls...lol i was watchin it yesterday man...its actually really interesting to watch lol.

Well at the moment Australia's medal tally stands at 79 Gold, 64 Silver and 64 Bronze... meaning that we have won 207 medals all up! :win: That is over double what some of our members expected us to get! WELL DONE GUYS AND GIRLS! YOU HAVE DONE AUSTRALIA PROUD! And remember to celebrate the Australian way after the closing ceremony... :beer: :beer: :beer:

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers
    Well at the moment Australia's medal tally stands at 79 Gold, 64 Silver and 64 Bronze... meaning that we have won 207 medals all up! :win: That is over double what some of our members expected us to get! WELL DONE GUYS AND GIRLS! YOU HAVE DONE AUSTRALIA PROUD! And remember to celebrate the Australian way after the closing ceremony... :beer: :beer: :beer:
    The poll is actually for gold medals

Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander
    The poll is actually for gold medals
    Well if you looked a little harder you would see that...

POLL TITLE: How Many Medals Do you think Australia will win at the Commonwealth Games?

Does it say anything about Gold medals??? lol

LOL.. yeah I know Queenslander.. Remind me next time a big event is on.. to ensure that I do enter the poll right in the first place.. LOL..

Wow I have been away for 2 days... so where do I start.. I think it will be easier just to post up the days summary for Saturday and Friday from sportal.com.au... so here it is....

From Friday...

Seven more on field day

Australia has added another seven gold, five silver and seven bronze medals to its tally on the third last day of the Melbourne Commonwealth Games, with the track and field team leading the way with four gold.

Nathan Deakes started the day off on the right foot, setting a new Games record with his time of three hours, 42 minutes and 53 seconds in the 50km walk, adding to the gold he had won in the 20knm walk earlier in the week. Christopher Erickson finished with bronze.

The night session at the MCG then exploded with Australian gold with pole vaulter Steve Hooker, long jumper Bronwyn Thompson and hammer thrower Stuart Rendell pushing Australia's tally to 13 athletics gold medals.

All three achieved Games records with Hooker vaulting 5.80, Rendell throwing 77.53 and Thompson leaping 6.97 metres. Dmitri Markov took silver behind Hooker, while Kerrie Taurima did the same behind Thompson. Eliza Stankovic finished with a bronze in the women's 800m EAD to complete a magic day for the host nation.

Australia's men's basketball team followed up the success of the women only 24 hours earlier, but had to fight hard before defeating New Zealand 81-76.

Kelvin Kerkow thrilled the fans out at the State Lawn Bowls Centre by taking out the singles gold medal over Wale's Robert Weale in a tie-breaker. He was so excited he ripped off his shirt in celebration.

The remaining gold of the day came in the men's synchronised 10m platform, where Matthew Helm and Robert Newbery won in comfortable fashion. While there was no more gold for our divers, Sharleen Stratton and Kathryn Blackshaw took silver and bronze in the women's 1m springboard and Newberry and Steven Barnett grabbed bronze in the men's 3m synchro.

The gold rush didn't continue for Australia in the shooting with Lauryn Mark losing a shoot-off and claiming silver in the women's skeet and Ben Burge claiming a bronze medal in the men's 50m rifle 3 positions.

And there was bronze for the Australian team in the team event in the rhythmic gymnastics, as well as to Darren Gardiner in the open EAD powerlifting.

From Saturday...

88 gold looms large

Australia needs a further nine gold medals on the final day of competition of the Melbourne Commonwealth Games if it is to match the expected haul of 88 after the track and field stars led a haul of seven gold on the penultimate day.

Australia won both 4x400m relays in contrasting fashion, with the men's team of John Steffensen, Christopher Troode, Mark Ormrod and Clinton Hill blitzing their event, while the women's team of Jana Pittman, Rosemary Hayward, Caitlin Willis and Tamsyn Lewis finished second only for England to be disqualified for running outside their lane.

The other gold in athletics came in the women's pole vault, where Kym Howe led an Australian quinella with a Commonwealth Games record vault of 4.62m. Tatiana Grigorieva grabbed silver. William Hamlyn Harris picked up a silver medal in the men's javelin, while there were four athletics bronzes, to Mark Fountain a dramatic men's 1500m, Olivier Dziubal in the men's javelin, Alwyn Jones in the men's triple jump and the women's 4x100m relay team.

Australia picked up two boxing gold in the afternoon with Brad Pitt winning his heavyweight final and Jarrod Fletcher successful in the middleweight, while in the evening Matthew Helm took out the men's 10m platform at the diving pool. There was also a silver to Chantelle Newbery and a bronze to Kathryn Blackshaw in the women's 3m springboard.

Australia's other gold of the day came when Hockeyroos took the final 1-0 over India, with Nikki Hudson scoring the winner.

Bruce Quick won bronze in the men's 25m pistol while Clive Barton was unlucky to get silver in the men's skeet. The remaining medal of the day came in the women's doubles tennis, where Jian Fang Lay and Miao Miao won their bronze medal match. Teammate William Henzell gets his chance at gold in the men's singles on the final day.

Australia's netballers will play New Zealand in the final, while Natalie Grinham will be looking to take her gold medal haul to three in the squash doubles.
    WOW what an achievement.. GO AUSTRALIA.. THIS IS HUGE.. WE HAVE DONE SO WELL.. I HAVE TO SAY CONGRATS TO all those who have participated.. YOU HAVE DONE AUSTRALIA SO PROUD..

But it's not over yet....

TODAY...

Natalie Bates wins the Women's Road Race

Natalie Grisham and Joseph Kneipp win the Mixed Squash...

GO AUSTRALIA... :win: :win:

P.S. looks like myself and 6 others got this one right.. we have hit 80 gold.. and are headed for 90.. what an effort..

Titan Club Captain

woop woop

we won, we beat australia in the netball

i always knew we would :win:

im so happy....we are now that golden ferns..woop woop...TAKE THAT AUSTRALIA urdy: urdy:

Ah Kimmeh... enjoy that while it lasts... we have beaten you in almost everything else LOL..

WELL DONE AUSTRALIA AND GO AUSTRALIA GO..

84 Gold, 69 Silver, 68 Bronze... 221 Medals

Not only that... but we revealed many great up and coming stars of the future... in the Athletics, Swimming, Diving, Boxing and Gymnastics Arenas... to go with our dominant players in the Swimming and Cycling arenas.

I have to say the 3 who impressed me the most over these games would have to be Stephanie Rice... who showed we have a new medley queen of the pool.. YAY, Melissa Wu... who is going to be a superstar of the future, I mean she is only 13 and scored a 10 in a dive, and John Steffensen... because he is just a true talent... he runs like the wind and has a confidence about him we haven't seen in a long while..

OVERALL THOUGH take a bow Australia... YOU HAVE DONE US ALL SO PROUD AND CONGRATS AND THANKS FOR AN AMAZING 12 days.. good luck for the future and we look forward to hearing many great things for many years to come..

Titan Club Captain

Well TJ...New Zealand have dominated in Netball for the last 3 years *remembers watching the netball world cup at school*....so it shall continue for lots more as we have lots of rising stars...(our under 19 or under 20 team won the world cup)

hehe